It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan hid the fossils to trick everyone!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
"Satan hid the fossils there to trick people" is something I hear in the threads.
I used the search, and it doesn't seem like this has been directly addressed, on it's own.

I would like to start by asking people who believe this, to explain.
Because I find it hard to believe, that would be a lot of trouble to go through, and why would this be allowed?

I will try to approach this from a religion perspective. If you believe this, then it brings up other questions for me.

From a religious point of view, if Satan is allowed to do this, does it mean God has no power to stop him?

If Satan buried all the fossils, then are any/all scientific discoveries also tricks?

Is there any proof of this in the bible?

If you believe that Satan could have buried the fossils, is it not also possible that Satan made up a lie about burying the fossils to trick christians into not believing in evolution?

If Satan buried fossils, has God buried stuff as well?

*As a note, I understand not all christians believe this.

**For the purpose of discussion, it is assumed that the God theory is valid, as to reach a further line of though on this subject.

***This is not a christian bashing thread, so please refrain yourself from belittling those who are religious, categorizing them all with a wide brush, or reducing them to only to their religion.

****I am not a religious person trying to further religious beliefs, I am just curious about this subject.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Why? Just so when they were discovered, Christians would have a nifty explanation to explain their presence?

+21 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Satan wrote the bible to trick us probably

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by KingAtlas

I'm a former Old Earth creationist, now an atheist. In my time I never heard anyone argue that fossils were placed by Satan though I am sure that such people do exist somewhere.

The question of why God would allow such a thing is a good one for ANY action undertaken by Satan. An All Powerful deity could easily prevent or undo any damage done by Satan, yet God supposedly chooses to let Satan do all sorts of nefarious things. Thus the excuse that this is all done to "test" people's faith is introduced.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
You ask if god has no power to stop Satan,if we have free will wouldn't satan have free will too?
Maybe we could ask him I saw him posting a thirty odd page thread here over the last few days!

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Show some proof of this biblical Satan first...

At least fossils are solid evidence...

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   

I am a Christian, I have never heard this idea before and can see no problem with fossils...
...I think you might be taking a Sunday School howler too seriously.

edit on 24/8/12 by troubleshooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Science is completely under the control of the satanists who are running the show.

“the biggest cover-up in the history of mankind is the history of mankind itself”

“There are two histories: official history, lying, and then secret history, where you find the real causes of events.” ~ Honoré de Balzac

Has Science become a Religion?

With respect to its great contributions to society, I think it is important to make a case that science is really affecting society more like a religion now than a field of study or a resource base of useful information. Many everyday people do not understand it at all and accept ALL its teachings on faith.

Unfortunately some scientists and academic professionals are not so noble and have perpetrated deliberate frauds and cover-ups of important discoveries.

Modern Scientific beliefs are based upon a leap of faith in the big bang theory. It has become a belief system based on faith and therefore another form of religion. Scientists, like priests can explain their beliefs but the everyday people accept it all on faith. Scientists and doctors are the priests of this new religion, getting angry and crying "heresy" when anyone respectfully disagrees with them.

LINK

Science - The Illuminati Religion and Mind Control Tool for the Masses

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
No, no, no! Fossils are from the bones left by ancient, giant, alien picnickers.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I've heard of this argument before and just like any other unexplainable phenomena posed to Christianity it is either the actions of Satan or somehow God working in mysterious ways.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Oh come on, There IS NO SATAN people!

Only bad decisions made by man.

A supreme "something" of creation? Maybe, What created all this order out of chaos?

But a little devil with horns and a pointy tail, who makes lots of evil in the world, and then punishes the evil doers?

How far fetched,really.

Stop making up excuses, and face up to the fact men can be flawed, if they CHOOSE to be.

edit on 24-8-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

That's a good one, never thought of it like that before.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by taccj9903

I like this one too

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Love it

2nd!

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Sinny, please read the OP haha

This is not meant to be a thread to denounce any religious beliefs.
I wrote this thread to have a discussion with those who actually believe this, and get some facts about how far this line of thought extends.

I am hoping people can be civil. People have the right to religious freedom.

"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool." ― William Shakespeare

As for your picture, saying "If satan punishes the bad guys, doesn't that make him a good guy"
I can say this, in the Jewish religion, satan is a good guy more or less. The way it was explained to me is that, he is there to temp you, but he doesn't want you to falter. A simplification would be he is the product tester.
Now I am not saying this is true, but it is how the Talmud is interpreted by some sect of judism.

* I am not Jewish, I just like to learn about subjects of all kinds.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid
Science is completely under the control of the satanists who are running the show.

“the biggest cover-up in the history of mankind is the history of mankind itself”

“There are two histories: official history, lying, and then secret history, where you find the real causes of events.” ~ Honoré de Balzac

Has Science become a Religion?

With respect to its great contributions to society, I think it is important to make a case that science is really affecting society more like a religion now than a field of study or a resource base of useful information. Many everyday people do not understand it at all and accept ALL its teachings on faith.

Unfortunately some scientists and academic professionals are not so noble and have perpetrated deliberate frauds and cover-ups of important discoveries.

Modern Scientific beliefs are based upon a leap of faith in the big bang theory. It has become a belief system based on faith and therefore another form of religion. Scientists, like priests can explain their beliefs but the everyday people accept it all on faith. Scientists and doctors are the priests of this new religion, getting angry and crying "heresy" when anyone respectfully disagrees with them.

LINK

Science - The Illuminati Religion and Mind Control Tool for the Masses

Great point, I agree with you 100% there. I've been thinking the same thing for ages, one group believes in what can't be seen and physically examine whereas the opposing train of thought throws belief in to the physical world. I see it like ying and yang where one would not exist without the other to draw the line somewhere.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
If Satan hid them, God had to have made them first.

What exactly is the purpose of this alleged trick anyway?

God and evolution theory can both co-exist.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by MagicWand67

The way I've heard the argument from those who believed it was that Satan created the fossils and put them there.
edit on 24-8-2012 by taccj9903 because: correction

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by MagicWand67

Well from what I gather, it depends on your interpretation of the bible.
Also, this explanation was used more commonly in the older generations, as an alternative explanation for fossils.

But you do raise a good question, what is the purpose; from what I understand, it was to fool people into believing in evolution, and thereby creating doubt in the hearts of faithful people.

Now what I think really got this going was that Darwin had linked human to apes, which cause problems because some people found it to be blasphemy. "God made man in his image" comes into play, thereby infering that God was an Ape.

I am actually trying to find out who coined this phrase, but it is tough.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join