It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If The God of The Bible is evil (Elohim, Yahweh) why do you still talk to angels like "Michael"?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Again, I ask you to prove than any man who had a hand in writing the Bible was under the influence of a divine being.

Heptadic structure underlying the text. Hundreds of detailed prophecies fulfilled in Christ. That information came from an entity outside the spacetime dimension.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

...Or it came from a man who looked over the 'before' and 'after' texts, adjusted them to make the story flow more smoothly, then pretended they hadn't been changed. Politics were far more important than truth, you know. Politics could make or break your life, literally. And because of politics, some texts were changed to maintain popularity. It's perfectly obvious.

It's called "editing". Wasn't the first time, and it won't be the last time.
edit on 25-8-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
The "Bible Code" is something that is only found in the original, untranslated Torah. This code is what ultimately convinced me that God exists because this code foretold future events down to the dates and they all happened right before my eyes, one being 9/11. All the others were in 2005, six times total, this code revealed future events to me and they happened like clockwork right on the exact date predicted. I had just stumbled upon it in 2001 with the 9/11 thing when I was in a period of questioning athiesm and open to other options, but not really planning on stopping being athiest since I was mostly happy at the time.

The original texts were written in such a way to write this future telling code into the story at the same exact time and only when we had computers would we be able to really unlock it's secrets. I could no longer deny God's existence even though I really wanted to. Maybe one code coming true, ok, coincidence, but six including five in a row in the course of three months in 2005? No way that's just coincidence and no way there would be thousands of other codes in the original texts. Quite frankly, I'm not sure I would have believed it unless I saw it myself. In a way, I feel like God came and got me because I wasn't looking for him and really had no interest in finding him, he found me and gave me the evidence everyone always asks for and I never once asked for it.

That is how I know God wrote the original texts either through a human's hands or with his own. He showed himself to me and even after 2005, it took me over six months to finally accept that God was real. I really have no doubts at all of his existence and since then, I have had several other things happen to me personally where I just feel like he is with me and was reading my thoughts, knowing exactly what I wanted or needed and gave it to me without me ever asking. Anyways, I shall stop rambling now.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Kratos1220

I'm not arguing about the existence of a higher power. I'm asking how can you know the exact nature of this higher power? Knowing it's there and knowing exactly what it's like are two very different things.

How do you know the mind of this higher power? How can you know anything about something so infinite?

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

...Or it came from a man who looked over the 'before' and 'after' texts, adjusted them to make the story flow more smoothly, then pretended they hadn't been changed. Politics were far more important than truth, you know. Politics could make or break your life, literally. And because of politics, some texts were changed to maintain popularity. It's perfectly obvious.

It's called "editing". Wasn't the first time, and it won't be the last time.

No dice, the LXX was in black and white three centuries before Christ was born.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

I'm not arguing about the existence of a higher power. I'm asking how can you know the exact nature of this higher power? Knowing it's there and knowing exactly what it's like are two very different things.

How do you know the mind of this higher power? How can you know anything about something so infinite?

That is a very difficult thing to explain. There are many things about God that I do not understand and I don't think we're meant to know a lot of those things, it's just more of a.. feeling. I know that sounds corny and lame, but it's something I can't really explain. Are you an athiest yourself?

By the way, the Cell saga was the best part of DBZ. I watched it many times, but not in quite awhile.
Too bad Gohan turned into a wuss after that until the very end.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Then why do we even bother discussing those stories at all? If none of them apply to us, what's the point? Never again quote those passages! Never again use those scriptures to make an example! Because we are not Jews, and those laws don't apply to us!

You are not a Jew.

Where does it say that only Jews are susceptible to these rules? Where does it restrict these laws to the Jewish population? Which rules are specified for these restrictions?

It is a covenant with the Jews. A covenant is a pact. You do this, and I will do that.

You are not a Jew. So, go make your own covenant and see how you fair.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
By the way, it is still hypocritical for a God to that such rules are so holy and his words are eternal, and then tell them to kill against his own so-called "eternal" word..

Take it up with God.

If this is your creation, manage it how you see fit.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nooneimparticular
Take it up with God.

This "god" has a name...

Originally posted by Nooneimparticular
If this is your creation, manage it how you see fit.

That would go against common sense and nature. Sunlight gives light to Earth, nothing is being asked for in return, and the same is true for most life that is produced here, except for humans - we claim to "own" the humans we give birth to. Interesting how human this god is...

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Why does that amaze you? We were created in His image.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Because aggression, arrogance, and possession are not qualities of perfection.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Because aggression, arrogance, and possession are not qualities of perfection.

I for one didn't claim they were. Man is also in a fallen condition. A holy righteous God should exhibit aggression towards rebellion and wickedness, He displays no arrogance, He can speak and act like God because He is God. Humans are called arrogant when they act perfect or godly, they are not God.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kratos1220
The "Bible Code" is something that is only found in the original, untranslated Torah. This code is what ultimately convinced me that God exists

Do you know why it can only be found in the original, untranslated Torah? Because The Torah was written without vowels, so any vowels can be inserted.

For example:

gdsnwhr can be "GoD iS No WHeRe" or "GoD iS NoW HeRe" . Now imagine there was also no periods or spaces between words...

No wonder there is a so-called "Bible Code" it is all guess work! Plugging vowels in to fit the theory. If it's so real why can't it predict what happens next with 100% accuracy? It won't, there have been people that tried...

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I think the other member meant the Tenakh. The most astounding code appears in just 12 verses of Isaiah 53.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

No wonder there is a so-called "Bible Code" it is all guess work! Plugging vowels in to fit the theory. If it's so real why can't it predict what happens next with 100% accuracy? It won't, there have been people that tried...

I saw it with my own eyes, so you won't convince me that the bible code is just "guess work" because you are then saying it's just coincidence and what I saw cannot be simply coincidence. I spent many years studying it and what I get from it is the bible codes are a collection of possible futures depending on what course the world takes. They are not definite occurrences, only possible occurrences, but many of them do in fact happen just as predicted. They aren't vague predictions, they describe specific events sometimes on specific dates and years. I don't follow it much anymore because I saw all I needed to see and quite frankly, it freaks me out a little.

There is no "so called" about it nor is it guess work. No one is that good at guessing, but of course, you're entitled to believe whatever you want. I'll believe what I saw with my own eyes.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   

It's so sad how quickly people can become deceived.

Of course it will be correct if you get to plug in vowels where-ever you want, since the torah was written in hebrew!

And why are "most" of them correct? Why not "ALL" if this is supposed to be the code-language of the all knowing god? It doesn't make sense...

Oh well, continue on in your illusion. You have free-will.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Well, thanks for calling my personal experiences "illusion" and that I've been "deceived" like I somehow imagined it all. Much appreciated, thanks.
I suppose that should be my que to bow out of this discussion. Believe what you believe or I'm just some fool who's been deceived and under some cloud of illusion. Way to be sensitive to other's views and experiences.

This kind of intolerance is why I don't associate with organized religion and you aren't even (or don't seem to be) religious at all, so I guess nowadays, even non-believers participate in this kind of intolerance. Is no one capable of having civil discussions about this topic anymore without the insults?

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Gotta love condemnation before investigation.
Most people do...

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join