It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If The God of The Bible is evil (Elohim, Yahweh) why do you still talk to angels like "Michael"?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCaucasianAmerican
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Well my boss and I worked on a Sunday. He's a christian and he's not dead. Hmm in fact we worked a couple Sundays Haha.

Still alive.

Is he a Hebrew? Is the first covenant law applicable to new covenant Gentiles? Let's use some contextual theology here.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Hey now he brought up "Thou shalt not kill" but whenever someone dies of a natural accident your people claim it was "gods will" implying that god has killed them.

Explain that.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Those verses will never be found because they do not exist, lol. I love how people just make stuff up to try and make the Bible say something it doesn't. They been trying for years but the Word still thrives.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by Akragon

What does it matter when he said "thou shall not kill" and even wrote it in stone apparently...

edit on 24-8-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

Not so fast, lets first address this Sabbath command for the Hebrews that you brought up as evidence that God commanded His children to break. Where did God command them to break the Sabbath?

I didn't say he commanded them to break the sabbath... And the sabbath commandment was incorrect in any case...

he commanded them to kill those that break the sabbath...

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Hey now he brought up "Thou shalt not kill" but whenever someone dies of a natural accident your people claim it was "gods will" implying that god has killed them.

Explain that.

The Hebrew word for "kill" in the Decalogue implies premeditated murder. It has nothing to do with carrying out a sentence that carries the death penalty. In a modern day example, we don't charge the doctor who carries out a lethal injection to a person convicted and sentenced to death with murder.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker

Those verses will never be found because they do not exist, lol. I love how people just make stuff up to try and make the Bible say something it doesn't. They been trying for years but the Word still thrives.

They don't apply context. That's the first rule in hermeneutics.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

The command in the Decalogue is "thou shalt not murder". That has nothing to do with carrying out a death sentence. Those people would have been tried under the procedures laid out in the Torah and found guilty first.

You're comparing apples to oranges.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Thanks brother, you just saved me a ton of research. I was just looking this up (kill). My knowledge continues to grow

edit on 24-8-2012 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   

God is supposedly all knowing. So in term has already premeditated the murder of a victim. Thus KILLING themi know how this game is played by you people.

So what's your next response?

And im talking about freak accidents not the death penalty. So stay relevant.
edit on 24-8-2012 by TheCaucasianAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Akragon

The command in the Decalogue is "thou shalt not murder". That has nothing to do with carrying out a death sentence. Those people would have been tried under the procedures laid out in the Torah and found guilty first.

You're comparing apples to oranges.

Well you can believe what you like...

Murder is no different then kill to me... puting an end to another beings life puts said person in the postion of God...

I don't believe animal sacrifices are any different then breaking said rule...

Perhaps you're comparing apples and oranges... but to me they're both fruit...

This God should have said Thou shall not kill, unless its convienent...

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   

God is supposedly all knowing. So in term has already premeditated the murder of a victim. Thus KILLING themi know how this game is played by you people.

You know nothing. All knowing is seeing everything from beginning to end. God has seen the outcome of all events, and the end result is good in His eyes.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

It doesn't matter what you believe, that's subjective. It matters what is true. Murder is not the same as killing. All murder is killing but not all killing is murder. That's why we do not charge doctors with murder for carrying out a death sentence imposed on a convicted murderer under the law. Take some time looking at the word used for "kill" in the Decalogue. Look to see if it's implication is premeditated murder or not.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   

And im talking about freak accidents not the death penalty. So stay relevant.
edit on 24-8-2012 by TheCaucasianAmerican because: (no reason given)

You realize the angel of death takes life correct? Not God.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   

This is where we differ...

It does not matter what YOU believe, or what your bible says... and especially what your government says

What you call truth is subjective...

You end someones life, you take on the role of God...

And we don't have "the death sentence" in Canada my friend... we call it killing someone. Which is Murder...

Further more if you "harm" another being... you take on that Karma... Willingly

And that includes animals...

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   

You realize the angel of death takes life correct? Not God.

This is true. But I want to add that the angel of death only appears when that person time has expired. The angel of death can not just kill someone because it feels like it, otherwise we would all be dead.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Oh so god is now a wuss and sends other people to do his dirty work?

So if you hire someone to murder someone don't you get charged with the same crime Haha.

Bravo you just made a deep hole for yourself. Need a hand out?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker
That because the Canaanites recognized who the true God was but could not defeat him. Do not forget that Yahweh destroyed the Canaanites in the end for worshiping Baal.

The Canaanites had him as their god, they did not intend to "defeat" him. They had statues of him as the war god and later the Jews adapted this Idea of "Yahweh" with the Bible (Old Testament).

By The way , the ancient way of writing "el" was "al"; el is toru el (Bull God) also known as ba'el or ba'al.

El / Al is a bull god. Yahweh is an ancient Canaanite war god that Jews adapted when they wrote the Old Testament (Bible/Torah).

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

What does it matter when he said "thou shall not kill" and even wrote it in stone apparently...

I think what you seem to be missing is he established laws. Another thing you're missing is the correct translation is "you shall not murder". He doesn't see things the way we do, he sees the entire picture while we just get glimpses of a puzzle piece. We are dancing to His tune, not the other way around.

Isaiah 55:1-9

1“Ho! Everyone who thirsts,
Come to the waters;
And you who have no money,
Come, buy and eat.
Yes, come, buy wine and milk
Without money and without price.
2 Why do you spend money for what is not bread,
And your wages for what does not satisfy?
Listen carefully to Me, and eat what is good,
And let your soul delight itself in abundance.
3 Incline your ear, and come to Me.
Hear, and your soul shall live;
And I will make an everlasting covenant with you—
The sure mercies of David.
4 Indeed I have given him as a witness to the people,
A leader and commander for the people.
5 Surely you shall call a nation you do not know,
And nations who do not know you shall run to you,
Because of the Lord your God,
And the Holy One of Israel;
For He has glorified you.”

6 Seek the Lord while He may be found,
Call upon Him while He is near.
7 Let the wicked forsake his way,
And the unrighteous man his thoughts;
Let him return to the Lord,
And He will have mercy on him;
And to our God,
For He will abundantly pardon.

8 “For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways My ways,” says the Lord.
9 “For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are My ways higher than your ways,
And My thoughts than your thoughts.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Well my boss and I worked on a Sunday. He's a christian and he's not dead. Hmm in fact we worked a couple Sundays Haha.

Still alive.

That's because Christ purchased us the Rest with his death and resurrection. We're under Grace now, not fleshly works. The old covenant was the fleshly covenant, it was perfect, but it couldn't be kept because humans are not perfect. The Israelites broke that covenant before Moses came down from Mt. Sinai to give it to them. Obviously if you're not a believer you're not bound to anything written in the book, it's not for you and it wasn't written to you. It's written to those who choose to accept it.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beavers

Alot of the things in the bible don't make sence lol.

Gods true name is "Yhvh"

Make sense of that word.

Do you have your towel?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join