It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If The God of The Bible is evil (Elohim, Yahweh) why do you still talk to angels like "Michael"?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
It doesn't make sense to me. If The god of The Bible is evil, why do these New Age people still talk to MichaEL, GabriEL, or any of the other "-el" Angels? These are all beings related to the god of The Bible, right?

You see these people who are Wiccan or Pagan claiming to not be Christian and they are still summoning these angels. We also see some New Age people who claim that The God of The Bible wasn't Good and they still summon angels like Michael and the others. If you thought the god was bad, why would you be talking to his angels?

It doesn't make sense...

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Maybe the God of the bible wasn't God in the first place... Just an entity posing as God to men that didn't know any better...

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

So where does that leave his angels such as Michael and the others?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Alot of the things in the bible don't make sence lol.

Gods true name is "Yhvh"

Make sense of that word.

Jehovah and yaweh are just assumptions of that name.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCaucasianAmerican

Gods true name is "Yhvh"

Make sense of that word.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beavers

Originally posted by TheCaucasianAmerican

Gods true name is "Yhvh"

Make sense of that word.

Um can you please elaborate with a more well thought out non one line post that someone other than you can make sence from.
edit on 24-8-2012 by TheCaucasianAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
reply to post by Akragon

So where does that leave his angels such as Michael and the others?

IF this god wasn't actually the true God... they wern't his angels either...

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

If this is so, and the arch angels aren't actually his angels, that would mean that this god was not only pretending to be the true god, but also using false names (elohim / yahweh).

It's also interesting that The Ancient Canaanites worshiped a god called Yahweh who they called "The God of War", and also "el", "al", (ba'el) the bull god.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Ever notice said God is happy to break his own commandments... and even command his creations (children) to break them after they were established?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Elohyim is a plural noun in Hebrew, and "El" is a generic title (God) not a proper name. Last but not least, your premise is based upon a prejudicial arbitrary conjecture, that's not a logical way to start.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by arpgme

Ever notice said God is happy to break his own commandments... and even command his creations (children) to break them after they were established?

How so?

link   
reply to post by TheCaucasianAmerican

Sorry bud, I was entertaining the theories that bible letters relate to numbers and that this particular name or numbers is the secret formula to life, the universe and everything.

(which was summed up nicely in the comedy sci-fi book "The Hitch-hikers Guide To The Galaxy" by the number '42')

link   

It doesn't make sense...

Things will begin to make sense when you start believing the truth...

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

reply to post by arpgme

How so?

It isn't obvious?

12 And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying,

13 Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the Lord that doth sanctify you.

14 Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people.

15 Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the Lord: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.

edit on 24-8-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

If this is so, and the arch angels aren't actually his angels, that would mean that this god was not only pretending to be the true god, but also using false names (elohim / yahweh).

It's also interesting that The Ancient Canaanites worshiped a god called Yahweh who they called "The God of War", and also "el", "al", (ba'el) the bull god.

That because the Canaanites recognized who the true God was but could not defeat him. Do not forget that Yahweh destroyed the Canaanites in the end for worshiping Baal.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

Haha! Now I know why they said that I was always soooo stumped!

Thanks for more enlightenment friend!

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

What work did He command the Hebrews to do on the Sabbath?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

What does it matter when he said "thou shall not kill" and even wrote it in stone apparently...

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Well my boss and I worked on a Sunday. He's a christian and he's not dead. Hmm in fact we worked a couple Sundays Haha.

Still alive.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   

What does it matter when he said "thou shall not kill" and even wrote it in stone apparently...

Not so fast, lets first address this Sabbath command for the Hebrews that you brought up as evidence that God commanded His children to break. Where did God command them to break the Sabbath?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join