63,000-Year-Old Modern Human Skull Found in Laos

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
+18 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
According to an international team of anthropologists, an ancient skull collected from a cave in the Annamite Mountains in northern Laos is the oldest modern human fossil found in Southeast Asia

The skull pushes back the clock on modern human migration through the region by as much as 20,000 years and indicates that ancient humans out of Africa left the coast and inhabited diverse habitats much earlier than previously appreciated. The scientists, who found the skull in 2009, were likely the first to dig for ancient bones in Laos since the early 1900s, when a team found 16,000-year-old skulls and skeletons of several modern humans in another cave in the Annamite Mountains. “It’s a particularly old modern human fossil and it’s also a particularly old modern human for that region,” said Dr Laura Shackelford, anthropologist at the University of Illinois and co-author of the study published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. “There are other modern human fossils in China or in Island Southeast Asia that may be around the same age but they either are not well dated or they do not show definitively modern human features. This skull is very well dated and shows very conclusive modern human features,” she added.

Source: 63,000 yr old human skull found
edit on 24-8-2012 by knoledgeispower because: (no reason given)
Sorry don't know how to have the picture show up on the site

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by knoledgeispower

Great find S & F

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
no cones, no crystal, just a regular skull.. makes it even more awesome!

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
impossible, everyone knows the world is only 6000 years old

but seriously, the creationists will probably be here soon.

good find tho

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Very interesting, thank you.

When I hear Laos, I automatically think Plain of Jars.
I visited some of the sites four months ago: truly amazing place.
63.000 years of modern human gives enough time to develop some form of societies, now and then.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaveNorris
impossible, everyone knows the world is only 6000 years old

but seriously, the creationists will probably be here soon.

good find tho

Not every "creationist" thinks the world is 6000 years old, mate.
I've found a great deal of information about said "creationists".
Search Genesis Code if you really want to learn more on the topic.
Fibonacci sequence sends a clue towards the same meaning.

Back to the OP....
Great find although I am disappointed in the article stating migratory periods from that (12k bce) specific time.
This is a very narrow point of view as we don't really know how long ago humans modern humans settled the vastly different areas of each continent. Carbon dating still hasn't had pinpoint accuracy and has been known to be only a rough guide. Usually suited towards the researchers time frame in mind. As far as I'm concerned this find proves there was movement much earlier than previously thought and we have much to learn still.

Pretty interesting...

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
What race was the skull? Caucasian, Asian, or African? Or are they going to hide the truth if it turns out to be caucasian...

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by DaveNorris

I'm a creationist and I told everyone on here we've been here a really long time hundreds of thousands of years and they all laughed because there was no evidence to support that claim. They even found human bones with dinosaur bones but that didn't make the MSM. It's just funny how everyone thinks we evolved from apes in 5000 years. If that could even happen it wouldn't happen that fast.

Would take millions of years for something to accomplish that and apes would still be evolving. Yet people take History as truth just because they read it or was told something. Then people say the bible could be lies and it very well could be just like history could be nothing but lies. History is determined by the victor not by truth.

edit on 24-8-2012 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by packoftwenty
What race was the skull? Caucasian, Asian, or African? Or are they going to hide the truth if it turns out to be caucasian...

Well, in Laos, I would tend to think it's probably not a white dude.... just a hunch.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by packoftwenty

Very cool find since the earliest estimations out of Africa is like 50,000 years. Although stated in a previous post, human & dino fossils found together dating back 100,000's of years.

There is no way this skull will be Caucasian. Africans migrated in all directions and populated the entire world. You can see every race of man on the continent of Africa. Even the Caucasian features are present in their original form.. that is minus albinism. This is not a point to degrade the Caucasian..mutation of the melanin genome is not a diss by any means, it is simply science. So since we speaking about an "asian" region where the fossils were found, it is more than likely the skull reconstruction would look like the San people below.These are genetically the oldest humans on earth. You can see the direct lineage of those who migrated to the far east:

Also if you feeling SUPER nerdy... here's the Complete Khoisan and Bantu genomes from southern Africa showing the genetic link with the Chinese. www.nature.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by gncnew

Originally posted by packoftwenty

Well, in Laos, I would tend to think it's probably not a white dude.... just a hunch.

Well who knows:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

No one of real evolutionary science believe we evolved from apes, we are a type of ape. A lot of creationists love to get that wrong on purpose.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by istaywoke23

I apologize the images:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

AMAZING find snf
it would be cool if they could do a dna check to see what type of CONDITIONS existed back then, in relation to SOL radiation Oxygen of EA*RTH ect.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz

I'm a creationist and I told everyone on here we've been here a really long time hundreds of thousands of years and they all laughed because there was no evidence to support that claim. They even found human bones with dinosaur bones but that didn't make the MSM. It's just funny how everyone thinks we evolved from apes in 5000 years. If that could even happen it wouldn't happen that fast.

Would take millions of years for something to accomplish that and apes would still be evolving. Yet people take History as truth just because they read it or was told something. Then people say the bible could be lies and it very well could be just like history could be nothing but lies. History is determined by the victor not by truth.

I was channel surfing one night, back when I had tv earlier this year, and stopped on the ending to a show about Viruses and this scientist said "It could be possible that Humans evolved the way they did because of a Viruses getting into the DNA & causing a mutation." I wish I knew what the show was because it has me really curious.

I find Ancient Civilizations and History very interesting. I do not think we are the first to achieve knowledge and science, it has happened before in our history but something happened that caused everyone to go back to basic humble farmers with 0 trace of technology. Over time the knowledge and science gets lost.

IMHO, As for every person, ever lived and will ever live, we're all energy/souls that are going through the learning stages of life in order to achieve Purity. We are going through our lessons on Earth right now but there are others who live on a planet in another galaxy who are going through different lessons and in different forms, dependent on the surroundings. Once we achieve Purity, we either join with a bunch of other souls/energy to form a new God to help guide souls over in another area of the Universe or just a couple souls to form a new God to guide souls on a singular planet. Some souls/energy will come from other areas of the Universe because it is either part of their lesson plan or ours. Other souls/energies will just observe us from their ships and don't interact with us because they know that our struggles our own and something we need in order to grow closer to becoming a pure soul. ~~~~~~This is something that I've been thinking and talking about with my boyfriend since last year when he started making me aware of the state of the world and the truth and lies in so many different aspects of our lives.

Thank you Slayer69 for the picture. I'm still learning how to post images and videos.

Movhisattva Thank you for the photos of the Plain of Jars. I do not know much about Laos but I'm now super curious.

packoftwenty I don't think it would be Caucasian as we all came from Africa, with a guesstimate of Tribes leaving 50,000 years ago. Either way it is a very interesting find.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Movhisattva

This is why I come to this site so often. I love news like this.

And thanks to you as well Movhisattva, I had never heard of the Plain of Jars before. Will read up alot more on that now.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

*face palm*

We didn't evolve from apes in 5,000 years.

Humans and other primates extant today share a common ancestor that existed approximately 8-6 million years ago. Humans did not directly evolve from great apes, even though we share common physical and genetic properties (chimpanzees are ~96% genetically alike to humans). Think of evolution as a tree, rather than a ladder with rungs representing each evolutionary stage. Lineages branch out, while some come to a halt, thus leading to extinction.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by IEtherianSoul9

*face palm*

We didn't evolve from apes in 5,000 years.

Humans and other primates extant today share a common ancestor that existed approximately 8-6 million years ago. Humans did not directly evolve from great apes, even though we share common physical and genetic properties (chimpanzees are ~96% genetically alike to humans). Think of evolution as a tree, rather than a ladder with rungs representing each evolutionary stage. Lineages branch out, while some come to a halt, thus leading to extinction.

This is where I need to ask. Where did my lineage originate. I'm Rh- negative. No rhesus factor. I know we Rh-neg folks represent a miniscule portion of humankind. But, I'm still waiting for a logical answer.

Des

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

?

I'm talking about evolutionary lineages, responsible for species such as Homo floresiensis or Homo sapiens idaltu, which are extinct. Not Homo sapiens; we're still an extant species. Take a DNA test if you want to find out your personal ancestry/genealogy.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
It's good we make these kind of discoveries and I fully support the finders of this skull, congratulations and hopefully you will continue with what your doing. Thank you all for contributing to Science and Good luck.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join