It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney goes Popstar

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
The video this is all about has been posted or moved to the offtopic:music forum, so i think not many members had the chance to watch this little gem.
Since it has now become news, because it has caused quite a stir and a "major diplomatic crisis", i gladly take the opportunity to post it again.

It's not exactly hilarious, exept it is. But the swiss dosen't think so, apparently.

Bern upset by 'Romney Girl' video

thelocal

“Life is taxless. It’s fantastic.”

The song’s allusions to Switzerland as a place where rich people escape paying taxes has riled Presence Switzerland, a part of the Swiss Federal Department of Foreign Affairs, which aims to foster a positive image of the country.

The three-minute 'Romney Girl’ video, launched earlier this month, is the latest American political ad to sully the Swiss as aiders and abettors of tax evasion.

“Our ambassador has signalled to the campaign staff of (President) Obama that the Swiss government has little appreciation for the use of these clichés far removed from a country that fights with energy against the presence of non-taxed money in the heart of its financial sector,” said Nicolas Bideau, head of Presence Switzerland.

Personally, i can fully understand why the swiss feels misrepresented, The woman's hair style is clearly ukranian.

edit on 24-8-2012 by talklikeapirat because: spillcheak

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by talklikeapirat

I prefer this one:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Sorry, just not funny at all. Neither was obama girl.

But I get the point. The point is we shouldn't allow people to go to other countries to hide their wealth. I'd like to see an end to that myself.

But it does create a whole lot of problems, because essentially it's the United States trying to flex its muscles and impose its will upon another country.

Something which the US is very unpopular in Europe for right now.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

You're right this one is hilarious. Has robotania already complained about the blatant misrepresentation?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
some people cant go near a cliff without jumping off.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
That was freaking retarded.

I would also like to know why it's wrong to be rich all of a sudden. Who wants to live their life renting apartments and driving used Camrys? Is it somehow noble to be poor and unhappy? Why ridicule a man for his success? Hurr durr he's out f touch. Implying Obama and every other candidate aren't.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by talklikeapirat

Has robotania already complained about the blatant misrepresentation?

Ok that was funny. My computer hasn't mentioned anything about it, it's a nice quiet machine.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Look, that's the point of political satire, utilizing humour to highlight a fact, with the goal to encourage or provoke discussion. This stimulating effect was proven by your reply.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I love the political satire these days! Those were both really good.

top topics

join