reply to post by poet1b
I'm going to copy and paste a response I posted in another thread that I think applies here, hope that doesn't bother anyone:
With pure capitalism the government cannot stop monopolies or even slavery, the government exists to maintain a military and act as a liaison when
conducting foreign diplomacy. It starts out as a race, the people race to start their little businesses and after enough time and competition has
passed one reigns supreme over all the people and abuses that power to no end.
With socialism the government is given more power to regulate the people and corporations, more power to effect the economic ebb and flow of the
nation. The corporations end up in never ending competition which costs too much, money is being spent on hurting the competition which ends up
stifling research and development to no end. So much money is spent on conflict that there's not enough left over to help humanity grow. Currently
every country is technically socialist, but at varying degrees some are more on the capitalist side while others have more communistic tendencies.
With communism there is no race, the government has all the power because they make all the rationing decisions. Obviously no one could be trusted to
make these decisions, they'll simply ration out themselves 90% of everything and then give everyone else an equal dividend of the remaining 10%.
Communism essentially starts out where capitalism ends up and socialism, well two wrongs don't make a right
As far as the worlds most powerful people and most powerful corporations are concerned I think they could become a global controlling force IF they
weren't their own worst enemies. What I mean here is that the worlds most powerful people are still human and face the same issues that all human
beings face, they have trouble coming to agreements with one another and they all want to be top dog so even though they sometimes work together they
more often work against each other. Where you might see Ford enter into a brief partnership with Chevy or Toyota by and large the groups remain in
fierce competition. As they compete with each other it is the people that pay the price, putting up with sub-par cheap products, TV ads that make
promises that the actual product does not stand up to, competitive salaries that end up being as little as possible.
I'm not sure if you remember when T-Mobile's Sidekick service was hacked, but they lost a lot of customers when their customers lost everything they
had stored on-line. Almost immediately after this hack T-Mobile put itself on the market for sale and the only perspective buyer was AT&T. One
certainly couldn't say for sure, but the old follow the money adage usually fits the bill, my guess is that AT&T hacked T-Mobile. Beforehand AT&T
had already publicly stated that they needed to obtain T-Mobiles 4G network at all costs. The buyout ended up being governmentally blocked due to
AT&Ts unwillingness to provide certain documents.
I'm sure we all remember the BP oil spill, this wreaked of purposeful befuddling and notice how BP was ever ready to put up cameras displaying the
oil pouring into the gulf 24/7. BP is the worlds largest manufacturer of alternative energies including solar and wind generators. Believe it or not
I feel that BP actually blew up their own platform as a means to increase public ire for oil and hasten the switch to alternative energies. Already
positioned for the switch BP figured they could get an edge on the competition if they could make the switch happen before their competition was
ready. Just my opinion, but I think it's sound.
So, if true, we can see where some of the worlds most powerful organizations remain embattled with one another. Sure they could
global force to be reckoned with, if they didn't hate each other so.