It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reality Check: RNC Pulling Out All Stops To Keep Ron Paul's Name Out Of Nomination

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

After watching this video I am honestly disgusted at the dirty tricks being used to kick Ron Paul out of the game. To quickly explain what Ben talks about in this episode: first they tried to strip a boat load of delegates of their credentials, but still came up short because Ron Paul still had a plurality in 5 states. Then they literally tried to change the rule from 5 states to 10 states, but when it was being voted on they lost by one vote. So now they are literally recommending a complete invalidation of the Maine convention and the decertification of the Maine delegation and the RNC is going to appoint a whole new Maine delegation themselves (which is also against the rules). I mean what lengths wont these psychopaths go to... suck it up you pathetic losers, the least Ron deserves is his name in the nomination.
edit on 24/8/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
It's interesting that a local Fox affiliate will talk about these things, while Fox National News won't. In all fairness, I don't have cable so I don't know for sure, but I never see any of this talked about when I do watch Fox News clips online.

We need more Fox affiliates airing things like this.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

I'll preface my comments by saying I really like Ron Paul and what he stands for BUT.

His whole principle is about constitutional restoration and returning government to the people. Would it not be utterly hypocritical to "steal" the nomination from Mitt Romney when he obviously won the nomination process.

Yes the media tried ever trick and tactic they can to impede the serious campaign that Paul ran. Yes the RNC is scared to death of his movement and hasn't given him a fair deal.

But would Ron Paul really advocate taking the nomination with some sly delegate maneuver?... Not the Ron Paul, man of integrity, I know...

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by IsThisThingBugged

No, it wouldn't, because he is not stealing it. He could only win it fair and square.

Do you think it is even possible to determine how far Paul should be anyway? I mean the whole election was rigged against him with fake slates, moving locations, shutting down voting for certain Paul heavy precincts. Honestly we don't know what the people really want. I would bet with no manipulation it would have been Paul tied up with one of the other candidates.

The plan was to get as many Paul delegates in (fair and square voting doesn't matter if those people aren't going to stick around to support their candidate to the next level - that is why we are a republic and not a majority rules democracy). Then at the RNC Paul would give his speech as to why he should be candidate and try to turn enough of the remaining delegates to vote with his block so he could win.

Nothing at all wrong (no stealing that's impossible) with his strategy. It's actually how it is supposed to be done.

There is something wrong with the GOP using illegal tactics to stop his delegates from doing their job. I mean you don't think it's fishy? If he had no chance why are they trying to stop him? Because it's rigged and he wasn't supposed to get that far and some people will get in trouble if he does, that is why they are so brazen, they weren't getting their jobs done correctly.

You are thinking about it all wrong, this strategy IS integrity. Tricking zombies that only come out of hibernation when their t.v. tells them to every four years to vote.. that is the antithesis of integrity.
edit on 24-8-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

I totally get your point. I'm just uncomfortable disregarding peoples votes regardless if they were lied to, misled, and cheated by the RNC bosses. Its seems pretty clear Romney has far more votes in the nomination process. If Paul came out of the convention as the nominee it would be similar to Bush 2000 in Florida in my mind... Technically he won but at what cost? Seems counterintuitive to the Paul revolution.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
This isn't a refresher course for the so called anti Ron Paul people is it?....We know this, obviously they don't...You can't keep it simple stupid with stupid. Doesn't work...

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

The fact is that there's nothing illegitimate or underhanded about the delegate strategy Ron Paul used. At least he followed the rules with that strategy... unlike a lot of other people who couldn't follow the rules if their lives depended on it.

Its seems pretty clear Romney has far more votes in the nomination process.
Yet in the real world it seems pretty clear hardly anyone actually supports Romney. His so called "silent supporters" don't even exist in any considerable quantity. It's simply an illusion being perpetuated by the media.

Evidence of Vote Flipping in GOP Primary Elections

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   

I like that. A "sly delegate maneuver". Almost makes it sound like he's doing something underhanded.

I seem to remember Ron Paul repeating a phrase at a bunch of the speeches he gave after primaries and caucuses. Something along the lines of, "But we all know it's the DE-LE-GATES that count hehh hehh (goofy smile)" followed by the crowd hootin' and hollerin'.

With the GOP trying to change rules for whatever reason, why don't they just whip up something that puts a halt to Ron Paul's strategy? Oh I know why. It's because it's a valid strategy. A strategy he and his campaign manager have continually announced and shared on multiple msm sources.

"Sly delegate maneuver" seems far more applicable to something along the lines of having an entire state's delegation decertified. How sly, making things just not count.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   

You see, we don't know the actual count. Think of it this way, what if the other candidates were so split that the only majority WAS Paul's die hards? We really can't determine because of so many cases of voter fraud. Any evidence of fraud throws the whole thing askew (even though I am a believer that only informed voters really matter and I think there should be more to voting - like having to vote for platforms rather than names or listen to the platforms or something).

However even then it still doesn't matter. Even if Romney was the clear majority if that was the way we picked presidents then there wouldn't even be a convention with delegates who chose. There wouldn't be a rule that someone with 5 states has enough to be the nominee. It is not the candidates that are representing the people at this point, it's the delegates. So if those delegates who were chosen fair and square to represent their people (the majority of locals chose those delegates) and those delegates decide that another candidate better represents the people than they can choose that candidate. Because we are a republic is why the system was like that, but they have since tried to jimmy rig it to reflect a democracy with their bound delegates. Bound delegates are garbage. Paul did it fair and square, running it like a republic and as it should.

Also as the above poster stated.. there was nothing sly about it. It was anounced months and months before the election cycle even began. He talked about it openly, everyone knew it, but the other candidates only had the zombie supporters so they knew they couldn't get them to stick around after the vote to choose delegates (tell me whose fault is that?). His motto was even "it's the delegates dummy" for a while. I will take his completely legal and intelligent delegate strategy over Romney's lackey's stealing vote boxes, handing out fake slates, closing precincts, and trying to force Paul's delegates into illegal contracts. I mean seriously? Suggesting Ron Paul lacks integrity for following his legitimate plan that he was open about when Romney's people are having cases brought against them and resigning left and right?
edit on 24-8-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Every single GOP primary, "foreign donations" kept Ron Paul in the race to keep the "good" GOP Candidate from winning. Just a simple fact from Presidential Primaries.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by RELDDIR

Why is it that Ron Paul always ends up with a Campaign Surplus every election cycle, while his GOP primary opponents incur debt?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by RELDDIR

Just stating my observations over many years of voting in the "complicated" GOP primary process.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
The problem the West has with this sort of thing is that 97% (not an exact figure so don’t get antsy, more a figure of speech) of the general population do not care for politics and will not go out of their way to learn more about it, whose running and what they stand for. People seem more interested in cretins like the Kardashians.

Sadly, I’d say the vast majority hear/read only what’s readily available and nothing more. I wonder how many American’s know who Ron Paul is or where he’s from? I wouldn’t say many, otherwise I’m sure we would have romped into where Romney is.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
If Paul were to get nominated from the floor it could take the swift and and easy victory from Romney and make him actually work for his slot. Even if Paul loses the ballot count for the nomination at the convention it might just show that we are not all unified behind Romney and think he is our best and only candidate to put up for the general elections. we all think Romney is the cat's meow and the man to take us upward and onward, right? Right? OK, I get it. It's not all about honesty and the good of the country, it's more just a show.

edit on 24-8-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
My post from duplicate thread-

This makes my freaking blood boil.

They are trying to get Ron Paul out of there because THEY KNOW! I repeat THEY KNOW Ron paul has a bigger
chance of winning then what they have been saying.

CORRUPT!

They shouldnt be allowed to do this, not this close to the nomination process.

- If there is any reason to revolt IMO- this would be it.

They are picking our nominees...not the delegates.

Criminal! CRIMINAL!

God- I havent been this mad in a long time.

****-em

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
All Americans who vote GOP should take notice of this. Those running the GOP care nothing about what the common man wants or who they vote for they only want corporate tools like Romney who will give the wealthy what they want not someone like Paul who wants to follow the guidelines set forth in the constitution and treat everyone as equals.
edit on 24-8-2012 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
The biggest surprise will be if the delegates who were there for romeney only because Santorum or Gingrich were not an option, vote for Dr. Paul. It will take GREAT courage in the face of adversity, but I will keep an open mind and heart for that to happen. One fellow delegate told me just minutes before our platform was voted on that he was on the fence and wanted only to be on the 'winning' side this time. He turned in the end. Now this was the county coordinator in 04 for Paul.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsThisThingBugged
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

I'll preface my comments by saying I really like Ron Paul and what he stands for BUT.

His whole principle is about constitutional restoration and returning government to the people. Would it not be utterly hypocritical to "steal" the nomination from Mitt Romney when he obviously won the nomination process.

Yes the media tried ever trick and tactic they can to impede the serious campaign that Paul ran. Yes the RNC is scared to death of his movement and hasn't given him a fair deal.

But would Ron Paul really advocate taking the nomination with some sly delegate maneuver?... Not the Ron Paul, man of integrity, I know...

I seriously doubt Romney acquired all his delegates legitimately. There is plenty of proof laying around showing what kind of stuff Romney and his GOP cronies are up to. Is this the kind of thing that represents "Republican values", is this the guy you want as president of your country?

A lying, cheating elitist scumbag... I think not. The above is just an example of a pathetically weak attempt at tricking delegates, just think about all the stuff that went on that didn't even make it into the light. The fact that they try to pull the wool over people's eyes and this kind of thing is even tolerated completely blows my mind. Yet some people STILL blindly go on supporting puppets even though the truth is right in front of their eyes. It's sickening.
edit on 24-8-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
What I think is funny is that we have a candidate that is honest, doesn't take special interest money and you know exactly what he will do if elected......and people complain about it !?

Seems to me that we have a bunch of people that are not as enlightened as they say and only want to perpetuate the current paradigm.

We have a small chance to take our government back with the help of people like RP, but we dismiss him and vote for another candidate that was chosen for us.

Give RP credit, he fought against tptb with their own rules and sent em scrambling! We obviously don't deserve to be free when we can't even think for ourselves......Fox News and MSNBC tells us how to vote.

Fools!

edit on 24-8-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

You should be even more mad, knowing there is NOTHING you can do about it...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join