It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USADA to ban Armstrong for life, strip Tour titles

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by hoochymama
reply to post by solarstorm

EPO came from Cycling along time ago. FYI.

Ya I stated that it was an old drug in my post. F Y I

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaticusMaximus
Nearly everyone in the top levels of sports "dopes". Winning is ALL, thus any edge to be gained, through whatever means, is embraced by athletes who put money, fame, and ego, over... well, everything else.

That's what gets me about sports. They talk about "It's not whether you win or lose, but how you play the game" but they sure go out of their way to win at any cost. They prop up the little kids so everyone is a winner and all will feel good only to have reality slap them in the face when they get older.

Ozzy Osbourne sang, It's not how you play the game It's if you win or lose

I've always heard it as: if it doesn't matter whether you win or lose, why keep score?

Overall, I think Lance is being treated wrong. They are assuming a man that's surviving cancer can't be that good without help and they are going to be right proof or not.

If we ever get to a robot football game like in the Jetsons, there will probably be some silly rules about size and power.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

No problem. It wasnt a point of disrespect. I was just saying most if not all of current systems of drug use come from Cycling. The Sports we should be looking into most are Football and Baseball IMHO. It seems that taking away all of Armstrongs titles because no one understands how he did the things he did (I can....he has the best oxygen usage in his lungs than any athlete ever).

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by hoochymama

I don't believe Lance doped up because he has been the most tested athlete of our time

This is true...THE MOST TESTED...every race before and after, AND throughout the off season. They showed up at his door anytime anywhere and he always gave samples.. ALWAYS.

Years later two of his old team mates get busted for doping in their later years of their careers, and they are told.. "give us Lance and we will go easy on you" It's like a one man McCarthy commie witch hunt.

How can someone pass EVERYTHING and be then considered guilty because he decides to stop fighting them since it is costing him huge amounts of money to do it.

edit on 24-8-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by solarstorm
Some of you may not realize that it is nearly impossible to test an athlete for every single type of performance drug. Some of those drugs are so exotic, chemically modified to escape detection and kept secret for years by top athletes! How they concluded these charges to Armstrong, I don't know.

I know a lot of recreational and amateur athletes use a compound called EPO aka Erythropoietin to greatly enhance endurance. It's an old drug but from what I studied of it, very effective and dangerous.
edit on 23-8-2012 by solarstorm because: (no reason given)

They don't necessarily test for the substance there are other markers/indicators that tell them something isn't quite right here.
They also keep samples so the can test in the future with better methods.

Either they put up or they shut up & my guess is they have nothing to put up.

Why would someone who has gone through what he has risk their health with experimental performance enhancers just for sport? Doesn't ring true to me.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Ok,let's look at the fact that he had testicular cancer. Obviously the testes are responsible for natural testosterone production. You mean to tell me an athlete with that kind of an issue still has the ability to stomp other world class cyclists without chemical performance enhancement? Some of you doctors or "experts" answer this for me.
edit on 24-8-2012 by solarstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Sometimes yes. Cut in dry works in most cases, but like I said earlier, Armstrong has been a freak from a very young age. His ability to use Oxygen in his lungs since he was young was abnormal. Just sayen.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
The only reason they are after lance so much is because no one who has beat cancer is allowed to win at anything in America after Cancer. They don't want people to think it can be done. they just want you to lay down, take the radiation Kemo and then die from it later.

The fact is Lance Armstrong beat Cancer. Then BEAT the piss out of everyone in his sport without drugs. The usa just can't handle that after selling all the other competitors tonnes of alternative steroids that still couldn't beat him.

There is your truth for you. Lance beat THEIR drugs and now the usda can't sell them to the russians and all other people that want their drugs!

HAHAHAHAHA! USDA you suck, and so does your drugs. Lance beat you fair. Blaaaaaaa!

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by theclutch

Determination and will for sure have a part in making a Super Athlete: AKA MJ and Wayne Gretzky. And those two never had Cancer.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I owned a couple of bicycle shops in the North Texas area back when Lance Armstrong had just started competing in class IV events.... There were a lot of kids back then that were into doing steroids and performance enhancing drugs.... There were even successful business men that got into doing the same so they could beat their riding buddies during their early morning rides.... I always figured that Armstrong had to have been doing the same.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Hold up people, not so fast..60 Minutes recently reported Lance Armstrong failed a drug test in 2001.

Hamilton said that Armstrong failed a drug test in 2001 and that Lance, with the help of the International Cycling Union (UCI), "took care of it."

According to the 60 Minutes report that just aired, Armstrong got a personal meeting with the head of the lab who discovered his test. The lab director told the FBI in a sworn statement that the ICU arranged the unusual meeting and made it known that it didn't want the suspicious test to be investigated any further.

60 Minutes reported Armstrong had failed drug test in 2001

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by VariableConstant

I may change my opinion if real evidence is presented by these folks, but for now I think they were just out to ruin the man.

I agree... where is the proof???

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Innocent man railroaded by a bunch of jealous ninnies ...

There is absolutely no proof of any wrongdoing by Armstrong. None.
I don't blame him for not bothering to defend himself anymore.
He's been doing it for years and years ...
A major waste of his time and money ...

It's a sad day. VERY SUCKY!!!

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Do you feel the same way about Flo Jo? Let me know if you don't know the history behind her story?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Considering that so many associated with the team are dropping like flies, I think is very telling.

Who has been found guilty so far?

Former team doctors Del Moral and Ferrari have been handed lifetime bans for their part in the doping case, as has the team's former trainer Marti.

Ferrari, who was a consultant during Armstrong's seven-year reign, was accused of developing a mixture of testosterone and olive oil that could be taken orally, and helped aid recovery. Ferrari apparently also helped riders inject EPO to help avoid detection in urine samples. Del Moral was accused of helping the riders with blood transfusions, and saline infusions to prevent detection. He was also accused of administering a range of banned drugs to members of the team.

Marti was given a lifetime ban for delivering a variety of banned products to the team from his base in Valencia, Spain.

edition.cnn.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I'll be curious to see what this might mean for the International Cycling Union (UCI) in the future.

Statement made by USADA attorney:

"By our count, of the 21 podium finishers at the Tour de France during the period from 1999-2005, only a single rider other than Mr. Armstrong was not implicated in doping by a subsequent investigation. Yet, only a single one of these riders had a positive test with the UCI."

www.startribune.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

Forgive me if this is a wayward question, but...
Shouldn't it be up to the authorities in France as to whether or not a person is banned/stripped of 7 years worth of wins at the Tour de France?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

Sorry i didn't mean to post a thread right on top of yours.
I did use the search but 6 min apart should tell the story.
Anyhow this is a sad thing that is going on here with Mr. Armstrong.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Why fight it if you can't get a fair trial...

“Among the court’s concerns is the fact that USADA has targeted Armstrong for prosecution many years after the alleged doping violations occurred,” Sparks said. “Unfortunately, the appearance of conflict on the part of both organizations creates doubt the charges against Armstrong would receive fair consideration in either forum

Source

Lance will be hero to some and a doper to others. He's just another man to me getting screwed by the system that likes to build you up and knock you down if you don't cover your ass...and in those cases they just kill you.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
i've worn my livestrong armband since august 04. i will not take it off. these are baseless, proof less, slandering accusations by the USADA. the arbitration hearing is a farce. it is a witch hunt. LANCE has give his TIME, MONEY, HEART AND SOUL to MILLIONS of people who we're starving and disadvantaged while the same country men who point the finger at him while hold their other hand out waiting for a bribe. DISGUSTING.
edit on 24-8-2012 by notkmarx because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join