It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perfect Storm Obama: My Letter From 2008

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Dear Friends,

Will there be a “Perfect Storm” in November? These last few days before the Presidential Election has to be one of the most important times in U.S. history. We must not devalue our morals and standards, or else a dangerous prospect could become president. Two very significant events of the 1900s were The Great Depression and The Cuban Missile Crisis, also known as the “October Crisis.” History tends to repeat itself and if we are not careful, will repeat again and may even lead to our undoing.

Our country is going through tough economic times and we have many dangerous enemies around the world. This is not the time to “blindly” vote for a candidate for the sake of making history or because of dislike for the current administration. Remember The Great Depression of the 1930s. This crisis led to the New Deal which gave us Fannie Mae and Social Security, both on the brinks of collapsing. And during the Great Depression Era, Hitler and the Nazi Party came into power and we didn’t do anything until 6.8 million Jews were slaughtered. The critical point in time during this era was 1932, in which our country chose to take the alternative choice for president and elected Governor Roosevelt over President Hoover. Roosevelt was elected to 4 terms during this span and did nothing effectively to get the economy going again. The end of The Great Depression came in 1939 with the onset of the war economy of World War II. Casualties resulting from World War II are near 60 million.

During the Cuban Missile Crisis, a young JFK was at the helms, a moment in history described as being closest to a nuclear war during the Cold War. The result of an inexperienced leader was catastrophic. Our strategic advantage was erased when we had to remove missiles secretly placed in Turkey and elsewhere in the Middle East and also agreed to not invade Cuba; all of this in exchange for the Soviets removing their missiles in Cuba. This resulted in a Communist government in Cuba modeled after the Soviet Union. Coincidentally, Russia and Venezuela are holding naval war games during this month of October. With an inexperienced leader during these times, we will be treading dangerously in uncharted waters.

Anyone associated to dangerous people such as Bill Ayers, Tony Rezko, and Jeremiah Wright should not get a “free pass” by the biased media. Bill Ayers, founder of the Chicago Annenberg Challenge in which Obama served as chairman of the board with responsibilities of allocating $50 million to groups such as ACORN, also co-founded the violent Weather Underground organization that participated in the bombings of New York City Police Headquarters in 1970, the United States Capitol building in 1971, and The Pentagon in 1972, as he noted in his 2001 book, Fugitive Days. Tony Rezko a campaign financier for Obama, already guilty of six counts of wire fraud, six counts of mail fraud, two counts of corrupt solicitation, and two counts of money laundering will be facing another trial in 2009. Reverand Jeremiah Wright, another controversial figure, whom has officiated the wedding and baptised the children of this young, charismatic and dangerously popular political figure has made many misstatements such as: "We bombed Hiroshima, we bombed Nagasaki, and we nuked far more than the thousands in New York and the Pentagon, and we never batted an eye... and now we are indignant, because the stuff we have done overseas is now brought back into our own front yards. America's chickens are coming home to roost." Can we entrust the power of the White House to someone like Barak Obama? Is this the CHANGE we can TRUST??? If he can be associated with people like this as Senator, imagine the associates he’d have as President.

Sincerely Yours,

CONCERNED Citizen

P.S. PLEASE FORWARD THIS TO ALL FRIENDS and remember as tough as times are,

tough people last, tough times don’t.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
OMG! I better run out and vote for Romney, then! We'll be SOOOO MUCH better off....!

DISCLAIMER: This is NOT an endorsement of Obama....
edit on 8/23/2012 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
So we definitely shouldn't trust someone naive (or worse) enough to help start Bain Capital with $9m from families directly linked to the El Salvadorian death squads either (especially since Bain made them loads of money to funnel back into the slaughter of at least 35,000 civilians to persuade them that their profits should not be hindered)

Last I heard none of the people you mentioned helped (even inadvertently) in that many deaths.
www.democracynow.org...

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I think this thread may have been inspired by our conversation on the Romney will win thread...

You definitely draw some provoking parallels, especially to the Great Depression. I think it's worth adding that shortly after the Cuban Missile Crisis came the second wave of federal entitlement/assistance expansion under Lyndon Johnson, known as the Great Society program (medicare, medicaid, food stamps). Although, the two events weren't causal as far as I'm aware....

I'm not sure if some of the arguments apply to the 2012 election, specifically Obama's inexperience. At this point I think Obama is more suited to maintain/improve the peace. I think his election in '08 made our enemies reevaluate America, which was a main reason I voted for him then, although I did have a hard time going against McCain. You'll say I was wrong in my vote, maybe so, and if it is cut me some slack I had just turned 18 and I live in NY where he got 60+%.

Enemies have proven the capacity to attack Western powers, including America. And no such attack has happened in the last four years.

The Iranian situation has the potential to reach a boiling point similar to the Cuban Missile Crisis, and I think Obama may be a superior diplomat when dealing with the Middle East.

So there's my struggle. I'm with you on the Fed overreaching with social programs and more Republican minded from a domestic finance perspective, but I lean toward Obama as a better international spokesman/ symbolic figurehead.

I worry that under Obama we'll bleed out slowly, but under Romney we may get shot in the head.

As I said, I was only 18 in 08, will be 22 in October. So, my mind is hardly made up on any of this stuff and would be more than willing to hear out any reasoning you have regarding Romney's potential to prevent international conflict.
edit on 24-8-2012 by PatrickGarrow17 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join