It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Back at ATS.... With some BIG news

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Former ATS member who took a long hiatus and can't remember my old password and username... Oh well a fresh start. Look forward to engaging debates and news.

I probably am not allowed to put this in an introduction but I am anyways because it took my breath away...

Republicans are adding to their party platform that they support a return to the Gold Standard and an audit of the Fed.

The gold standard has returned to mainstream U.S. politics for the first time in 30 years, with a “gold commission” set to become part of official Republican party policy.

www.cnbc.com...

Not that it will happen tomorrow or anything but still VERY cool.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by IsThisThingBugged

Welcome back....

Des

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Yeah I had read somewhere yesterday that Ron Paul was working with Romney and that a lot of the things Paul stood for were being worked into the plans for the republican party.. with that said, I think we can thank Dr. Paul for those two things..

Ron Paul had mentioned he was happy with the way things were going.. and Romney has been pushing to let Rand speak at the RNC

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

aww so now republicans aint gonna win the election

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

the CNBC article says exactly that. That it was a move to appease Ron Paul supports and bring that coalition into the republican fold.

I'm not sure how much I'm buying that republicans will actually ever pass an audit bill or return to the gold standard. But if they did, I'd change my voter registration from independent to republican tomorrow.
edit on 23-8-2012 by IsThisThingBugged because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
gold standard, eh? how much gold would it take to build the mars rover? How much gold would it take to fund the military? it makes no sense. like most of what I hear from the right.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Did you also forget about the search function?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Welcome back..

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

I urge you to take a look at this 05 article, it is an outstanding piece which I believe you will thoroughly absorb. Take special note of the politicians listed and please get back to me on your thoughts.

After Monetary Collapse:
Strict Reconstruction or More Bork?
www.goldensextant.com...
edit on 23-8-2012 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Welcome back.

Interesting news, although it's still highly doubtful that I'm going to vote Republican...

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Could this be to assuage the Paul supporters?
Make them frrl like their money sweat and time meant something positive?
I mean it can always die later after the election......
The party planks never seem to last through a presidency anyways....

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Long but excellent article.

Thanks and so true.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
The gold standard is a joke. There's too much credit out there now for that to even become a reality. Welcome back by the way!

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by liveandlearn

Thank you so much for taking the time to read, it was and still is an excellent message to open discussion about filling in the time before the collapse and how to work with think tanks to get something moving before it happens so that the energy spent after the collapse is not spent worthlessly.

There were so many damn points made that just singed my hair as far as how the currency has been debased and that there have been dissolution's of the constitution surrounding it since the articles were created.

I wish I were smart enough to write a through thread breaking it down but I suppose if we look at the content individually there are probably thousands of threads.

It is such an important topic imho.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by spliff4020

No, but it did involve Steel as monetary value.

And the value of Oil.
And the value of of ideas.

See the value of real things did have to be taken into account, when sending people and objects into space. It was traded for in a Fiat system, but the value of the materials didn't magically go away because we used paper money. A Gold standard is a valued material, that you trade the value of materials for. (Edit: the benefit of a valued material is when you don't have a material in mind, you still have a material in hand.)

Besides, much of the industrial revolution, which made the space flight possible in the first place, was done on the Gold Standard.
edit on 24-8-2012 by CynicalDrivel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Hey how's it going? I'm new here too trying to get my post count up to post a really good topic... oh well..

new topics

top topics

join