It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do Blacks in Africa care about Obama so much?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I wonder why all these people love Obama?

Apparently Indians in India care about Obama.

So do Indonesians living in Indonesia

]

And Japanese people living in Japan

Look some Chinese people in China too.

Are they also looking for handouts? Of course not, they aren't black.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
reply to post by Juggernog

Why do you obsess over people's race? The mere fact you use a person's race as part of your judgement of said person - really confirms you have a problem with racial issues.

No obsession here, just asked a question..
edit on 24-8-2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

Blacks vote democrat. This is why Herman Cain had no black following, even though he was black. And no, Romney is worse.

“There is a Black coalitions group that meets regularly with the Romney campaign,” says Tara Wall, senior communications and coalitions advisor for the Romney campaign. “This is not new. This is something that’s been going on for several months.” Speaking guardedly about the advisors during an interview with the Trice Edney News Wire, Wall declined to give names of any Democrats who might be involved. “They are not just Republicans. They’re a diverse group,” she said.

President Obama, who won nearly 98 percent of the Black vote during his historic campaign in 2008, has come under significant criticism by Blacks who are dissatisfied with the steadily high jobless rate in the Black community. Despite the disparate economic impact on African-Americans, Obama is still expected to win heavy support among Black voters, though grassroots organizers are complaining about a lack of motivation.

“Obviously a majority of Black Americans are going to once again vote for President Obama,” Wall said. “But he doesn’t enjoy the large margins that he once enjoyed. I’ve seen polling numbers where those margins have been reduced to 85 and 90 percent among Black Americans. That alone is significant enough to put Mitt Romney in the win column.”

Tara Wall: Blacks Meet Regularly to Advise Mitt Romney

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by acmpnsfal

Yea, I wonder why too

I also wonder why he was awarded the noble peace prize... just because he was a candidate...

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   

I'm not sure what you are trying to get at with that question....but the reason he received it and why the world loves him kind of goes hand in hand.

The Norwegian Nobel Committee has decided that the Nobel Peace Prize for 2009 is to be awarded to President Barack Obama for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples. The Committee has attached special importance to Obama's vision of and work for a world without nuclear weapons.

Obama has as President created a new climate in international politics. Multilateral diplomacy has regained a central position, with emphasis on the role that the United Nations and other international institutions can play. Dialogue and negotiations are preferred as instruments for resolving even the most difficult international conflicts. The vision of a world free from nuclear arms has powerfully stimulated disarmament and arms control negotiations. Thanks to Obama's initiative, the USA is now playing a more constructive role in meeting the great climatic challenges the world is confronting. Democracy and human rights are to be strengthened.

Only very rarely has a person to the same extent as Obama captured the world's attention and given its people hope for a better future. His diplomacy is founded in the concept that those who are to lead the world must do so on the basis of values and attitudes that are shared by the majority of the world's population.

For 108 years, the Norwegian Nobel Committee has sought to stimulate precisely that international policy and those attitudes for which Obama is now the world's leading spokesman. The Committee endorses Obama's appeal that "Now is the time for all of us to take our share of responsibility for a global response to global challenges." Oslo, October 9, 2009

Source

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Gimme a break man...He got that award because he is black and he was the candidate for the president and you know it.
It was undeserving at that time and its undeserving now

It totally discredited the Noble prizes...

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   

That makes zero since. Obama was not the first black person to be a candidate for president......

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Why does anybody think so much more about him than the past presidents? Who does is blinded by his color and his well mannered ways. All the people he picked are wall street.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Yea, Alan Keyes being a perennial candidate - in fact he boasts a resume much like Obama's - PhD from Harvard, political activist, author, etc. But his stance on issues wasn't very popular, and even Repubs never embraced him. So those making the claim "Obama only got so-and-so's vote because he was the first black candidate for President" or "The world loved Obama because he was the first black candidate for President" are wrong. If you put their resumes side by side, there's little difference between Keyes and Obama. The difference is their stance on the issues. For those pretending blacks only vote for black candidates because of the color of their skin, then you fail to take into account Keyes also failed to get any of the black vote. It really is about the issues.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
In my view the most likely scenario is alien mind control of some kind. Though at this point I wouldn’t rule out interdimensional beings. I would have to perform an autopsy on one of the subjects of this apparent mind control to know for certain what we are dealing with.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Originally posted by MrSpad
Did you miss what was happening in Europe during the campaign when Obama traveled through Europe? He was like a rock star. It was not just Africa it was most of the planet.

According to the impeccable logic of the OP, I'm sure Obama's popularity with white Europeans can be attributed to the fact that he's "half white"...
Now, why he was popular in Asia, it's because of Tiger Woods and his Asian roots. (and he's part black, just like Obama!)

See? It can all be brought down to race. Why else would people vote for Obama? He's black! The black people voted for him because he's black and the white people voted for him so they wouldn't feel guilty about not voting for the black guy. Black and white foreigners supported him for those same reasons.

It's all about race... It's the ONLY reason someone would vote for a black guy. Got it??? Everything good that happened to Obama is because he's black! Because when we look at him, that's ALL we see.

[/sarcasm]
edit on 8/24/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

More to the point..

The OP chooses his potentially made up friend "Timothy" to represent the 1 Billion plus population of the African Continent...

And from that "solid" rationale..moves on to echo the repeated racist sentiment that President Obama was elected only because he is black.

Alas...If only folks like Frederick Douglass, Shirley Chisholm, Jesse Jackson, Alan Keyes, Carol Moseley Braun, Al Sharpton or Hermain Cain etc. etc. had run for President they would have been shoe-ins!!

He was only elected because he is "black" is rhetoric that is not only false, but also a dog whistle to genuine and closet racists and a justification for voter supression.

President Obama was elected President in spite of his color, not because of it, and that is why minorities around the world celebrated that moment.

edit on 24-8-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal

That makes zero since. Obama was not the first black person to be a candidate for president......

You mean "sense" right?
And I didnt say he was the first candidate, I said he won it because he was a black candidate.
Do you have another explanation for it? Why a freshman senator from Illinois, who no one had ever heard about before, won a Noble Peace Prize?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Obama was voted in because he was something "different" not only because of his mixed heritage, but he represented "change" and the "hope" of something different coming out of the White House.

I assume Africans probably thought that billions would be pumped into all of Africa, instead of most aid supporting regime changes in Egypt and Libya.

A lot of Black Americans did vote for Obama simply because he is "Black", but a lot voted for him because of the misconception that he would bring about a fresh perspective on US politics, and foreign affairs.

At the end of the day, we see it doesn't matter who is in the White House, the pork barrel lobbyist, big banksters, Wall Street, contracting firms that receive large contracts from the government, big pharma, unions, etc control what happens via the advisors and so forth. The only difference is who gets more say depending on which fabricated faction, Democrat or Republican, is elected.

The president is just a face to take credit, and/or receive blame. A hero or a scape goat.
edit on 24-8-2012 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Too bad no 'hope & change' came with the election of Obama. Don't tell me it's because Congress wouldn't let him. He could always use an executive order. He definitely didn't stop the NDAA which he signed new year's eve like any government employees would be working. All we earned from Obama's presidency was more unemployment, debt, wars, and less individual rights guaranteed by the constitution.

Him or Romney winning will only continue this cycle.

Ron Paul is the best choice to stop this destructive illegal behavior being committed by our government.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Swing80s

Wouldn't you be just as proud if someone from America was president?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
My friend "Timothy" isn't made up. I just wanted to poke at the twisted notion that people that don't even live in this country and aren't U.S. citizens think they could get handouts from the election of a certain person. I know Africa and the rest of the world has it's own issues but I think we should be taking care of our own. I think we should bottle ourselves up, quit spending billions in foreign aid, and care about ourselves and our own citizens. Screw the rest of the world, I care about my land and my kin that live there. Black White Green Orange Blue Smurf Elf whatever they are it doesn't make a difference... Actually screw Elves we given them enough Gov handouts

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer

Dude, your name is one hint of your race

So... a "blackmarketeer" must actually be a black person... okaaaay.

If he does not know what the black market is perhaps english is not his first language?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeepThoughtCriminal
reply to post by Swing80s

Is he called African American? I was wondering about that, because is he not half white too?

The US has some crazy rule called the 'One Drop Rule' which manifests itself socioculturally on a regular basis. If you got even 1 ancestor who was full or part black-African, then you're classified as 'Black', e.g. in the census. If you got some latino blood in you, then you are Latino. etc.

For some reason many people consider 'Euro-white' as the 'default' value, and all non-euro-white as 'the other' which gets 'mixed into' the default, thus 'sullying them' and making them 'black' or 'latino' or whatever.

Some have co-opted this like 'oh I'm so proud of being black/latino/native' but generally it's kind of stupid. I think it'd be cool and funny if OBAMA positioned himself as a half-white president, that would get some debates going!

And let's face it, culturally and socioeconomically speaking ,he's got far more in common with the 'elite whites' of the USA, not to mention being a descendant of 13th century English King John Lackland (of Magna Carta fame) like every other US president, except the Dutch-US-born Martin van Buren.

Starting to ramble, bye!!

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Note: if this thead becomes another race baiting ATS moment, it's going to get closed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join