It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do Blacks in Africa care about Obama so much?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Are there really that many "independent" black voters? I'm just curious because I felt like I've received more of a lesson of social issues domestic and international from Africans from Africa. They've seen both sides and the hypocrisy of people that are brainwashed and less educated because of their caste in the social system. I think my friend Timothy is very lucky, since his Dad in Africa(Cameroon) owns a Hotel and was able to scrape money so he could come over here. Even though Timothy dropped out of college he's probably found his future wife which is good security for him since he won't have to be scared to leave.

I guess some people are just lucky and some aren't. But I do think that even if you're unlucky I hope you can find the resources to know how to think for yourself and not get swayed by the masses.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
Blacks (everywhere) care about Obama, because hes black.. period

Isn't he just as white though ?

well...?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85

Originally posted by Juggernog
Blacks (everywhere) care about Obama, because hes black.. period

Isn't he just as white though ?

well...?

Im not the one that labeled him as the "first black president"

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
The reason why President Obama is so respected among people around the world is because he is the first person of a "minority" race to reach one of the most respected positions in the world. The fact that Obama is so popular shows how much respect people have for his job. I dont know why you racists cant seem to see that. But it only shows how much you don't understand about the world.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Swing80s

Just like African Americans here in America think that they'll get some "Bama Bucks" for voting for him,

[snip]

Now I'm waiting for you guys to call me rascist for saying that blacks only voted for Obama because he was black...

Well, you are racist, for thinking that all blacks in America only voted for Obama because, according to you, they'll get some "Bama Bucks". This seems to the latest conservative, or more appropriately, KKK view, that all blacks in America are only looking for handouts and that's why they voted for Obama - while completely ignoring the racial, social, and economic issues facing African-Americans.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

This seems to the latest conservative, or more appropriately, KKK view

Whos the racist? Comparing republicans to KKK members..

This is where this dumbass campaign is heading... Its turning us against each other

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

Because it is a simple-minded, stereotypical view of blacks that, as they see it, the only reason they would support Obama is 'because he's black' and 'because he gives away so-called "bama-bucks" ' - it is a viewpoint more in keeping with the KKK's view of blacks. If that's the viewpoint the GOP wants to align itself with, then they can reap what they sow.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Whatever.. Typical angry black man.. Done with you

You continue to put your racism on full display - lovely. You even attribute an ethnicity to me, based on my posts. I suppose in your mind calling me a black man is an insult or a negative - that's why you used it as a pejorative. (and you're not even close to my actual racial makeup - but thanks for guessing)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

No, they vote for him because he is democrat. According to YOUR logic Herman Cain and all the token black people in the GOP would have a huge black following.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Everything you've said in this thread has been racist...how all black people are dumb, the vote for Obama just because he's black, not like hes democrat or anything. Now the angry black person stereotype.

And the ultra-conservative movement in this country has a strong racial sentiment in it. All of these southern whites just chose to become outraged at the moment a black man became president. It's no coincidence they want to repeal the civil rights act for "property rights".

Santorum slipping up and staying black person in one of his speeches
Tea Party leaders making racist jokes
Racist signs
Racist newsletters

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

He told you that you were wrong like 3 posts up.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Damn guys slow down. Blackmarketeer you know you took what I said out of context. I was refering to a segment in REAL TIME WITH BILL MAHER where they compared unemployment handouts in rural red areas and blue urban ares.

I also said as a Catholic I sure as hell would have voted for JFK in the 60's, so if Romney was Catholic do you think I'd automatically be voting for him?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

edit on 24-8-2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

I also said as a Catholic I sure as hell would have voted for JFK in the 60's, so if Romney was Catholic do you think I'd automatically be voting for him?

I would hope you would vote for whoever's ideology you most agree with, or better yet, the candidate that offers a reasoned, responsible vision for the direction of the nation that you prefer, and not base your vote on "we're both Catholics". I don't vote a straight slate, nor do I vote based on my having the same ethnicity as a candidate. I think you'll find most people, blacks included, feel the same way. How do you explain why so many white people voted for Obama? And even though it's a small percentage, even Republicans have gotten some black votes (McCain got 8% of the black vote).

Now, with the current version of the GOP and it's 2012 ticket, they've catered so far to the extreme right, and are backing policies that favor primarily the "eilites" that they've completely alienated all demographics - women, African-American, Hispanic, etc. These demographics aren't "racist" for not wanting to vote for Romney, they're just not buying the horse manure Romney is shoveling. Romney - the person is a failure as a candidate. It has nothing to do with his race, or the faux "racial motives" of these demographics, that the right-wing has dreamed up to explain just how their candidate has failed so miserably amongst minorities.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Why do you obsess over people's race? The mere fact you use a person's race as part of your judgement of said person - really confirms you have a problem with racial issues.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Is Obama black? I thought he was half white, and half Taliban!

You do know that Obama is just Osama in disguise right!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join