learn more

Police Shoot Another 911 Caller In Her Own Backyard

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+3 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I think I'm averaging 1 story a week along this line of news. Sad. She steps out to introduce herself and the rest of the story is becoming a common headline. There needs to be some serious revamping of cadet requirements, crisis training, etc. Who wouldn't be scared of the potential of being gunned down over their job? But these people have sworn themselves to a higher standard of ethics and personal responsibility. And yet, we have unprecedented accidental shootings(usually) by trigger happy, poorly trained individuals in positions to do serious harm. Sorry if this is posted.
The Blaze
edit on 23-8-2012 by GoldenRuled because: (no reason given)

+18 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
From the article.

“She saw a flashlight and identified herself as the homeowner and he shot her,” said Orey’s father, Dennis Morgan.

Maybe it's the cops who need to be disarmed...

+82 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I've commented on several occasions, previously - regarding this topic. But it's the kind of thing that bears mentioning from time to time...

When I was a kid cops were mostly fat guys who patrolled the neighborhood. They knew everyones names. They were a part of their community. Each cop got a beat and that is the cop you almost always saw in your area. Just a mostly regular guy, in a blue uniform and funny hat, who happened to carry a revolver on his hip.

Fast forward to now...

Cops wear tactical gear. They wear BDU's and web gear. The revolver is gone - replaced by a high caliber Glock. They are younger, meaner, leaner, and most look like they wouldn't pass a steroid test if their life depended upon it. They are, for the most part, combat veterans now. Young guys who did a tour or three in the middle east and came back. They don't patrol the neighborhoods like they used to. They don't talk to the folks in the area. They don't wave when you pass them. They are hard and angry men and women now.

This is the problem. The US police stopped being cops and became militarized. They are soldiers and they see this as a war zone. This war is called the "war on drugs" but it's just a non-sequitur. War is war.

And we are the enemy.

~Heff
edit on 8/23/12 by Hefficide because: clarity

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

Apparently she must have looked like a man in a ski mask- NOT!

I think a lot of the problem is that police officers in a lot of cases today don't receive adequate and on going training. They just pump out new officers with 8 to 11 weeks of training (if even that) and expect them to be able to handle all sorts of situations that they are just plain not ready for.

If the new officer panicked because he ran across a woman in her own back yard he is very apparently NOT ready and didn't receive either enough or proper training. If some of these cities would budget adequate money for police training- especially on going training- we might not see so many of this type of incident. But sadly they can't because they're too busy spending city funds on vacations and fancy lunches- you can bet there's always money in a city budget for things like that!

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
And I'm sure that in the end, the officer who pulled the trigger will get a slap on the wrist. Maybe a paid 2 week vacation. And it will be dismissed as a "freak accident".

Never mind that these guys are more and more trigger happy. They seem to have absolutely no restraint, piss poor training, and like someone else said, they are younger and younger, juiced up meat heads.

And again like someone else said, cops used to be viewed as helpful, courteous authority figures who you would know and wave to in your neighborhood (at least the white neighborhoods, lol). Now, they poses an attitude that EVERYONE they encounter is a scum bag suspect who is way beneath them.

This story is sad. Especially if she truly was shot in the chest and they are lying about it. The officer involved needs to at the VERY least undergo more training. Much more training. Though I think it more appropriate that he be removed from his job. Had the situation be reversed, and this woman fired upon an officer, thinking HE was the intruder, she would be under arrest for assault on a police officer, and attempted murder.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I guess now before you call 911 you need to make sure you have a will and all of your affairs are in order.

Next time this very well could be a child who most likely would have not survived this incident. Why can't they pull tasers first?

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Now before you call 911, decide who is the greater danger to you, the criminal or the responder.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I know the LEO's have a hard job. My stepbrother is a police officer and I worry about him. That being said, We have to get better training for these guys. Its to the point where you are scared to shoot a intruder for fear of being arrested are sued.

Now you cant call the cops for fear that they will shoot you when they get there.

I dont know the answer. I think it is a reflection of the bigger picture and the point we are at in this country. Will we return to our roots of freedom and self reliance are will we be a goverment dependant, controlled state. Forced into compliance by our own representatives and enforced by our own brothers and sisters.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

I'm telling you, EVERYBODY needs a safe room!
Whether you plan on killing an intruder then going to the safe room or just going straight in and letting the cops deal with it.
By the time the cops get to your house you can be safely tucked in the safe room and call dispatch to tell their rookies to put their guns away before you emerge.
And more importantly you have a safe spot for your doggies.
If a cop shot my dogs, it would be all over for all of us.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Yup. The difference between a "peace officer" and our current "law ENFORCEMENT officers"

There is a lot to a name.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerekJR321

\The officer involved needs to at the VERY least undergo more training. Much more training. Though I think it more appropriate that he be removed from his job. Had the situation be reversed, and this woman fired upon an officer, thinking HE was the intruder, she would be under arrest for assault on a police officer, and attempted murder.

He need more training!?! First make him undergo an IQ test, then fire him then throw him in jail where he belongs.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
All the more reason to never call the cops. They are not there to help you they see you as the enemy or criminal. They even call us civilians which denotes they see themselves as soldiers or military.

There is no situation so bad the cops can't make it worse!

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
double tap
edit on 23-8-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
M0re training, guy needs a cat scan, l0b0tamy, and put in a asylum.

0r

Death Penalty

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
When the people abandon their apathy and take a stand & tell the police departments we the innocent people wont be treated like criminals, it will stop. Take stand people.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
They don't wave when you pass them.
~Heff

We skip right t0 the middle finger.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
and..
this ..
thread .. is on .. pg 3 with only 12 flags..

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
A cop shoots a law abiding citizen and people call for more training?

I think, his training should be over.

Maybe he should be sent to a mental hospital for evaluation.

Why should these corporate thugs get a free pass.

The trainers should insist that if any trainees, or graduates shoot ANY innocent law abiding citizens that they will be removed from the force and replaced with a more competent individual. Why is that so difficult?

If I fail at my job, career choice, then I should be removed. The practice of leaving these trigger happy cops in office is extremely dangerous. More so than gun weilding criminals are.

Peace

~Rev

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
This kind of news encourage criminals.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
I've commented on several occasions, previously - regarding this topic. But it's the kind of thing that bears mentioning from time to time...

When I was a kid cops were mostly fat guys who patrolled the neighborhood. They knew everyones names. They were a part of their community. Each cop got a beat and that is the cop you almost always saw in your area. Just a mostly regular guy, in a blue uniform and funny hat, who happened to carry a revolver on his hip.

Fast forward to now...

Cops wear tactical gear. They wear BDU's and web gear. The revolver is gone - replaced by a high caliber Glock. They are younger, meaner, leaner, and most look like they wouldn't pass a steroid test if their life depended upon it. They are, for the most part, combat veterans now. Young guys who did a tour or three in the middle east and came back. They don't patrol the neighborhoods like they used to. They don't talk to the folks in the area. They don't wave when you pass them. They are hard and angry men and women now.

This is the problem. The US police stopped being cops and became militarized. They are soldiers and they see this as a war zone. This war is called the "war on drugs" but it's just a non-sequitur. War is war.

And we are the enemy.

~Heff

Agree. I've been railing about this for years. It is also a budget buster for small towns. I just feeds the mil/natsec industrial machine as well. We are to blame for always cheering rah rah every time someone runs for office saying they are "tough on crime." It is one of those idiot assertion like, "I'm for clean water." Yet the voters hear it, cheering, "Me too!" withut EVER giving thought to the consequences. That's one of the biggest problems with American voters; we never give thought to the long term consequences of our civic choices.

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join