It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Starlings Form Dolphin Shape Chased by Killer Whale

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
This is some photo. Taken by amatuer photographer Paul McGreevy. Who enjoys taking pictures of the outdoors. It shows starlings in a formation that looks like a whale chasing a dolphin. Its amazing how the patterns of nature repeat themselves again and again.

The birds’ formation resembles a dolphin being chased by a killer whale with its mouth agape. Amateur photographer Paul McGreevy caught the mesmerising scene at sunset in Gretna Green, Scotland, this week. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 23-8-2012 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
That is truly incredible. It's not perfect....but so close, there is no need to even note what we should be seeing, huh? It forms are clear enough and just amazing to see in such an offhand way.

Nature is an amazing place!

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Yep I was there......in the dolphin's right flipper!

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

That's the most amazing formation I've ever seen, and hard to catch in a photo because the forms change in a split second. Thanks for putting that up.

Starling

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Starling

LOL That was funny

Brought a smile to my stressed out day. Thanks.

Stars

Also S+F t original Poster.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

g,day. words pretty well fail. apart from. is it authentic? and..... i am not wise enough to/nor do i want to dispute its authenticity, but i had to ask.... why, because i prefer to see the HAND OF GOD each day somewhere in my day. this does fill that preference. Mate I,m Gobbed Smacked. what a snap, go shout yerself a pint.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Have trouble believing it hasn't been tampered with, but very cool.

Looks more like a humpback to me though.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
They are saying. That the dolphins and whales are being freed. We're killing them in the oceans, and now we will lose them and they are being freed.

This is a direct message to us, to look up. And this should show us something else, how intelligent nature is, and responsive. And even, how spiritually aware.
edit on 23-8-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I know better than to just come out and call it a fake.
There are too many people who need this to be real.

I WILL say that, as a photographer, things LIKE this are very easily done in photoshop.
Take it for what it's worth.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
It's a really neat photo, real or not.
edit on 23-8-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed

I WILL say that, as a photographer, things LIKE this are very easily done in photoshop.

Oh, I think you really are screwed, as your namesake tells.
Quit your skeptisism and appreciate the Beauty of Nature for what it is.

Before you've figured out whether this photo is real or not, Beauty and Nature will have disappeared before you can call it Fake or Not.

I'm a photographer too, and I capture images of what is Real, Now.....before it's all gone.

Starling.
edit on 24-8-2012 by Starling because: I forgot to sign out as Starling: Very important.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Starling

Ohhh I'm sure it's as real as the nose on my face.
I'm just saying, things LIKE this are easily photoshoped.
NOT this one though.
This is the real deal.
Yessiree.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

I so agree w/ you. Faked. However...the message is a cool one.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by tracehd1
reply to post by Screwed

I so agree w/ you. Faked. However...the message is a cool one.

I feel so sorry for you both.
If you take the time to observe the naural world, you will find many sights as beautiful as this Starling flight phenomenon.

Do you think everyone is out to cheat the other? I'm sorry if you do.
Life can be beautiful if we don't try to # it up.

Starling.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I can look at it a different way and see a narwhal trying to spear a platypus. The platypus would be if you took the rear of the dolphin to be the face. Hmm, I think I've been on ATS too long...trying to hard to think outside the box now, aren't I?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by SheeplFlavoredAgain
I can look at it a different way and see a narwhal trying to spear a platypus. The platypus would be if you took the rear of the dolphin to be the face. Hmm, I think I've been on ATS too long...trying to hard to think outside the box now, aren't I?

Ha ha! Good one! I saw the narwhal thing too, but not the reverse-dolphin-platypus.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by SheeplFlavoredAgain

I think it looks like a Narwhal swimming a little behind a Dolphin. I see the Platypus also if you turn the dolphin around. It does look more like a Narwhal.

Why does the whale have to be chasing the Dolphin or Platypus, they could just be swimming together. Half the people in the world initially focus on fun and play in things and the other half initially focus on survival tactics.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Booking my seat, will come back to comment.

Thanks OP!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

When I first saw it I thought it was CGI. The fact that it was in several major papers made me question that. I would have thought they would have had the savy yo check it out. I could be wrong. Either way its a lovely image.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed

Have you ever considered it from another perspective, say 180 degrees? Maybe it's you that can't accept the truth? Given the infinite possibilities in digital media, before I jump to negative conclusions, I ask myself what is the basis for the image? Is there a historic precident for the image? Who could even have dreamed up something so outrageous?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

I wonder if scientists at HAARP are fooling around again with their technology, or if Project Blue Beam got an upgrade in their technology.

it's either the above or that nature works in mysterious ways.

I think it is the latter case (nature works in awesome ways!)

S+F

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join