It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever thought, why bother?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by pityocamptes
reply to post by sparky31

I'm not advocating for anyone to "check out", I just don't know what the solution is... Will things change for the best, or will these be considered the "golden years"? Very scary times. Like you, I was told to get a job early on in life, save, raise a family, be responsible, go to school, etc. and yet, why do I not feel any happier about these decisions? I am very concerned about the future, and did I strive and work hard, all in vain?

The truth is people from all walks of life are feeling the same. Notice how many of the rich, who only have to play, and the beloved STARS are killing themselves either on purpose or by behavior that comes from total unhappiness.

People who have lived their lives in many different ways are all feeling like ...what for...

Yes what is the answer I see none atm but then again i am totally on a downer.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by pityocamptes
reply to post by Johnny76

I hear you. I do the best i can for my family, but you are right, everyone has the me first attitude. I was not raised this way, I have always tried to help others if I could. Yet, as of late, I get the feeling that those types of people mistake my kindness for weakness - of which I am not. Everyone, is about ME. I swear to god, I look around and do not recognize this world anymore, its like I died and went to hell, or got teleported to some strange parallel universe...

We have no control over anything either. Like I used to love my garden. Spent years building it, caring for it was our peaceful time, then the new neighbors moved in....the porch taters we call them, on welfare, don't mow, don't care for the 4 kids, they are out there staring at us from 6 Am to after 12 PM every day rain or shine. (I actually got up at 1AM to check, and they were still there just sitting there on the porch...
Their dog hates us and tries to kill me even though I love animals and tried to be friends, they don't care, they don't stop him from coming in my yard and barking incessantly at me.

I no longer care for my beautiful garden it is now a misery to even go out and water. The steam and pond are dry why turn on the pump, spent the electric so they can enjoy it...all the beautiful lilies dead.

Just one of the many things!

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I know how you feel don't doubt that, I wont go in to my personal story and its fairly different from yours. But I have gone through the mill as they say. All I can say is the old world is dieing and the new one has not arrived. We are all in a type of cocoon, in some ways its a very unpleasant one. I cant say what is coming or when, but I know inside of me that its going to be very different to the old world. My only advice is don't latch on to the past as that only leads to more of the same only worse.Like the dragonfly, we have to create a whole new world. If not we shall just continue in the slime. What can we create? the answer is more about not creating bur rather being.

the old world is about not being.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by pityocamptes

Even in my current mood this guy made me laugh...there is a shorter version listed.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I have thought about such things quite a bit, especially within my circumstances, and even though I do feel this world is too ugly to bear at times, I also have a strong feeling that a change is coming. The best way I can describe it is that we're all kind of stuck in the state of waiting similar to how kids/teens can't wait to grow up... They are desperate for independence and to break free of the constraints of parents and school and petty clicks of classmates... We're about to graduate I think... Maybe you're just suffering from senioritis... It's coming soon.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join