It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever thought, why bother?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I mean, the world is going to hell in a hand basket, people have no jobs or money, prices go up, criminals get away with all kinds of stuff, and the govt situation gets worse by the day. Really, why bother? I just don't care anymore, why bother? Although I do well, why bother, why keep up with the rat race, where incrementally you take one step back for every step forward over your life? Hell, at this rate rich, poor, middle class, we'll all be poor, working a life time for really nothing and in vain. Sad state of affairs, I never thought life would end up like this, nor the world in general...

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
why? There are many pleasing things in this world outside of the box you just put life in. Heres a tip stopping caring about anything you just posted about remove yourself from the internet stop following the news and do only things that please you and lift your spirit.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Yes, all the time.

Nobody listens.

Everybody's just too wrapped up in being right.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Me, Three.

It's like talking to brick wall.

I just pay attention to my studies and that's it. Why, waste my breathe.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Quit participating.

Form your own communities free of this whole reality society sold you?

Sounds crazy doesn't it? Yet if enough people did it, it could work, there's a lot of smart, hard working, loyal people out there that I am sure feel exactly as you do, but its all about coming together to achieve any of this, the more you let a government divide you the more and more everyone feels alienated. We feel hopeless, when nobody should, everyone thinks they are powerless, not the case. Definitely not the case when people work together for common good.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by lobotomizemecapin

...and what, live in ignorance? You can't close Pandoras box once opened. Live in bliss all you want, I don't see too many more quality years in the near future... which is very sad. How did we even get to this point? No one seems to care, and no one wants to listen, they, like you, would rather live in bliss...

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

Those don't work, you still are under an umbrella of sorts, and accountable to it. That is a micro bandaid to a macro wound.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by pityocamptes
I mean, the world is going to hell in a hand basket, people have no jobs or money, prices go up, criminals get away with all kinds of stuff, and the govt situation gets worse by the day. Really, why bother? I just don't care anymore, why bother? Although I do well, why bother, why keep up with the rat race, where incrementally you take one step back for every step forward over your life? Hell, at this rate rich, poor, middle class, we'll all be poor, working a life time for really nothing and in vain. Sad state of affairs, I never thought life would end up like this, nor the world in general...

Wow that is where i am at this moment. Why am i bothering at all. it is getting harder to hang in there.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
At this point.....I just try and take care of my family...just hope things get better, my business picks up so I can still live in my home. At the same time I am prepared for the worse being a Vol. Firefighter and worked at 9/11 and saw the worst.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
"Look after number one", they say..i dont know who the fwck "they" are cos they were too busy looking after number one but still, i've found extremely stange social behaviour happening..maybe that is part of the conditioning. Or maybe i need a new job

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

It does. Every freaking day I get up, get dressed, drive to work, all the while thinking, why in the hell am I doing this? Seriously, WHY?!?!? Its not like being a good saver, playing by the rules, obeying all the laws, being financially, and humanly responsible really got me anywhere better off than the losers in life, except for that self pat on the back, but of what value is that? I almost feel like I'm on a tread mill not going anywhere, though I try. I see no future, and if we have a future at what cost to those who were responsible and played by the rules?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by pityocamptes

would i be on this sight if I was living in bliss? Im just capable of not letting the worlds # interfere with my own. I have a happy life because I choose to. Get rid of the whiny emo mindset and go have fun.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnny76

I hear you. I do the best i can for my family, but you are right, everyone has the me first attitude. I was not raised this way, I have always tried to help others if I could. Yet, as of late, I get the feeling that those types of people mistake my kindness for weakness - of which I am not. Everyone, is about ME. I swear to god, I look around and do not recognize this world anymore, its like I died and went to hell, or got teleported to some strange parallel universe...

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

reply to post by Char-Lee

It does. Every freaking day I get up, get dressed, drive to work, all the while thinking, why in the hell am I doing this? Seriously, WHY?!?!? Its not like being a good saver, playing by the rules, obeying all the laws, being financially, and humanly responsible really got me anywhere better off than the losers in life, except for that self pat on the back, but of what value is that? I almost feel like I'm on a tread mill not going anywhere, though I try. I see no future, and if we have a future at what cost to those who were responsible and played by the rules?

I know how you feel! I have so many friends in my age bracket with no job( try getting one when your over 55).
What makes keep going is my only child, soon to be 18 ,she does great in school,member of Mach Trial, in the High school band (which is rated in the top 10 in the US) and Capt. of the Police cadet program. For me I take pleasure of putting my life on the line to help people(that's what Vol. Firefighters do) and people really do appreciate it in our towns! THAT MAKES ME FEEL GOOD. A little Jameson helps to

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
think it everyday too,we are living our lives to whats expected of us...why?

no matter what u do its a fact we,r all going the same way......i,m soz but i,m bored of living my life the way society expects us to.......all these people who say do this and do that and u,ll live a long happy life.

why should i?go along the long boring road till i,m too old to do anything for myself?no thanx

don,t see why people want to live a long life to do what?become that old u struggle to do daily tasks.........i,ve saw old people on the street and thot fck that i,d rather not be here......i,d rather go out well before that.

i don,t want to be struggling for last 20-30 years of my life,not going to make any diffrence if i go cause as i say it has to come and saves u being a burden to anyone else.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by sparky31

I'm not advocating for anyone to "check out", I just don't know what the solution is... Will things change for the best, or will these be considered the "golden years"? Very scary times. Like you, I was told to get a job early on in life, save, raise a family, be responsible, go to school, etc. and yet, why do I not feel any happier about these decisions? I am very concerned about the future, and did I strive and work hard, all in vain?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by pityocamptes

why bother? yes its something that goes on in a lot of people minds. Just don't bother with that level of life. If you want something to die, just let it go don't bother about it. there is the high road and there is the low road. The low road needs advertising,propaganda and all kinds of ways to convince you that it is the way. It is not the way, it is a way keep that clear.
Now I can ask myself why did I bother to write this and the answer is simple. I didn't bother, the words just flow. take is easy bro or sis.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

reply to post by sparky31

I'm not advocating for anyone to "check out", I just don't know what the solution is... Will things change for the best, or will these be considered the "golden years"? Very scary times. Like you, I was told to get a job early on in life, save, raise a family, be responsible, go to school, etc. and yet, why do I not feel any happier about these decisions? I am very concerned about the future, and did I strive and work hard, all in vain?

lol oh never thot about checking out,never would.......just meant why live your life to the rules so u live as long as possible......just not going to live my life to extend it when to me i don,t see the point.

i,ve said before you live your life to the rules then how much of a life do u really have?

you get up and go to work for what about average say 10 hrs a day,come home and spend a couple of hours doing what you want to do then bed and get up and do it all over again.

you do that for 65 years and then spend the rest of your life if your fit enough and even if you last that long struggling about.oh yeah lives that great i want to live forever.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

We'll I sometimes think that way too. But really lifes too short for that. Remember there's always:

UFC
Movies
WWE
Sports
mountainbiking
Domino's Pizza
BBQing
Pranknet (youtube that)
Chinaman Prank (youtube that)
ATS
Meetup.com
Church
Local events
Camping, hunting, hiking, fishing, bushcraft
Girls
Clubs
Chocolate
Online first person shooters and WOW
Beer
Friends and family
Travel
hottubs
Adventure tourism
Books, documentaries, TV shows
Fitness
Oaked spiced Rum
Aged whiskey
Monticristo cigars

There I got you started ha ha now you finish the rest

edit on 23-8-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
"Have you ever thought, why bother?"

Daily.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join