It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Filmed From Avebury Crop Circle, UK With Multiple Witnesses

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLegend

Have you got a source for that image? Just wondering?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
there is a phenomenon that occurs when the sun flares off of a satellite called: Meridian Flares.

www.hobbyspace.com...

the first one i saw was in Joshua Tree. i told my neighbor, an astronomer at the naval observatory in flagstaff AZ of the incident. he told me of Meridian Flares. i believe you can track them, and they are predictable, in which case the OPs could be verified.

a Meridian flare begins as a small point of light which "flares on" to a very strong point of light, comparable to a bright star, which reaches a crescendo, then dissipates in about 45 seconds to a minute. the one i saw was at dusk.

i am a believer of the paranormal to the marrow, and rarely do i find myself on the "Scully" side of the argument (x-files reference for the uninitiated), but the OPs video reminded me of this phenomenon.

cheers.
edit on 24-8-2012 by mythos because: clarifier

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by mythos

I think you are talking about Iridium flares.
There were none visible at the OP's location and time.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

aha... thank you for the clarification. not the first time i confused my Meridian and my Iridium.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ceetee

Many thanks for your detailed, thoughtful and intelligent reply.

In answer to your point about being a believer and belief systems. Many people hold a belief system based on text written thousands of years ago for which they have no proof - yet they still believe.

As stated earlier, I wanted to believe but was sceptic. My opinion was I would be fascinated with ufology and sightings, video clips and so on, but would only believe when I had tangible evidence with my own eyes. Until then...

I can only tell you the facts as they relate to me. And I will only tell you some of the facts as some of it is really quite outlandish and is probably best saved for private message. Suffice to say, my first crop circle was the Yin Yang near Silbury Hill late July 2009. I met an Australian lady there who was fascinated with the circles and convinced they were created by higher intelligences. She described to me all her theories and showed me a dossier she kept in her car with high resolution high quality pictures of some of the more complex big crop circles of recent years.

Exactly 3 weeks after visiting the circle I had my first UFO sighting. 6 orbs that rose up rapidly from the gorund, formed a diagonal line in the sky and flew in formation no more than 500 ft from my car - they were followed by a further 4-5 orbs much higher in the sky.

I reported my sighting to the UK UFO sighting web site. I was in no doubt as to what I had seen and this was where I contacted my Facebook friend who also saw what I saw and reported it there too.

I discovered I had experienced an orb encounter and spent the next few months avidly watching orb videos on Youtube. I then, to my shock, discovered the 10 minute Silbury Hill UFO video and was amazed because the woman filming it was the same Australian woman I had met at the Yin Yang circle. It seemed bizarre to me that she had taken an interest in the circles AND filmed something extraordinary. The same thing happened to me, I believe. Coincidence? Maybe.. Maybe not..

This was my first crop circle after a very busy three years. I was excited and know that the primary reason I bought my video camera was so that I would be armed and ready should I have another encounter anything like the one from 2009. The fact that this light manifested at the same day and time I visited the circle is uncanny. I am still speechless. Coincidence? Who can say...

If you would like me to expand on my theories off topic then PM me and I will tell you more about what was seen in the orb encounter in 2009 and how it directly relates, in my view, to a couple of specific crop circles from 2009 and 2012. There is a direct connection between the crop circles and the orbs of that I am convinced. and I now have the theory solidified in my mind with all the evidence to present if a serious UFO researcher would like to hear it.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by innocenttdreams
At first i thought perhaps it was a star or a "planet", you know.. the typical BS assumption from skeptic but then it DISAPPEARED.
You also had witnesses there to prove it. This video is legit, thank you for sharing. that must be an amazing experience!

Many thanks! It was an incredible experience. I only wish I had caught the thing earlier on as it was like a large ball of light or bright torch being shone through a crystal/diamond/prism. It was sparking very intensely, like it was going to do something incredible, then off it went..

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap

Originally posted by OneEleven

Originally posted by gortex
As mentioned by others it looks like a plane , not unlike this one .

There are plenty of airports around the Avebury area as shown bellow .
Avebury Airports

edit on 24-8-2012 by gortex because: (no reason given)

BINGO. Not a reflection, but still a plane.

I was fooled by these many a times up until a few years ago. I even filmed a few that just seemed to disappear. Until one evening, the 'ufo' turned slightly, and while the light disappeared, the outline of the plane came into view.

Then i started watching these UFO's closer and guess what? They were ALL planes.

Perspective is a funny thing.

It's hard for people to admit that what they saw was nothing special. It was hard for me to admit it to myself, but once i saw the proof time and time again, well. It's either lie to yourself or accept that you were fooled.

yes yes, I have been fooled before as well. "WHAT IS THAT!!!!... Oh... It's a plane in the sun."

But you know what?

Sometimes they are actually orbs of light. And I have seen them with my own eyes at less than a thousand feet, one even floating into the ocean without making so much as a splash in the water.

So it is very important not to drive a stake into every UFO sighting just because we may have been fooled in the past.

Occam's Razor works both ways - a double-edged blade.

edit on 24-8-2012 by ThinkingCap because: EYE MAED A TIEPO

THANK YOU!!!

And ditto on seeing the orbs up close and 'personal'...

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pax et Intellectus
reply to post by the.lights

I'm starting to thing aliens are wheat intollerent ....or are galactic art students....bloody students

LMAO!! Brilliant. Thank you!!

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by dplum517

Nice catch man! I have seen the same thing numerous times in 2010.

and was stationary for 40 seconds - it did not move.

You see, most people here will just ignore those kinds of details. They will assume you are too dumb to know any better and can't tell what's happening in the sky.

But that just isn't the case. You clarify many details in some of your posts that clearly indicate it's not a plane at sunset. ....but as I said.... most people here are ignorant of those details.

It's not necessarily the individuals fault. It really does help to SEE in order for you to believe. A lot of folks simply haven't seen UAPs or UFOs....owell

Also, no matter how good your camera is, it will NEVER have the same effect as seeing them with your own two eyes.

Now, it would be nice to catch a bunch of them doing some aerial acrobatics on video.

Many thanks.

And yes, I completely agree. I think to have a mind that is truly 'open' is to have a mind that is truly 'free'. In this Universe I believe anything is possible and therefore anything can and may happen in our reality..

I very much like the idea that a form of gradual contact by 'them' would be through a steady, gradual, increasingly obvious visibility in our skies, perhaps above the circles even? When, and if, they make themselves known, I'm convinced it will not be them landing on the White House lawn. It will be videos like mine and it will be more tangible videos than mine, and more demonstrative. That is my feeling now.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

We have date, time, location what was the direction because I think it was a star, so what direction were you facing?

West

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLegend
Reports of crop formations are (at least) centuries old. One of the earliest accounts attributed it to a "mowing devil".

The scant reports at the time don't elude to it being as elaborate as modern day ones and skeptics are quick to pounce upon it but then again nobody could obtain an aerial POV back then either.

I'm no cereologist and am not particularly interested in the subject of crop circles, but they're amazing pieces of art and some are certainly hoaxed. But all of them? I don't think so. There are stone formations, all over the planet, with similar patterns to modern crop circles and those date back thousands of years. They would only be appreciated or realized when man obtained flight.

Zhang Hui, research fellow at the Xinjiang Museum in Urumqi, put together some compelling evidence of Chinese crop circles being far older than the modern era too. A group of Red Guards in north-east China also saw a crop circle appear in a field but they had to tell the story much later because under Mao's regime any attention given to that which appeared superstitious or paranormal was an illegal offense. It's important to note that they reportedly saw it happen before the 1970s when crop circles exploded in England.
edit on 24-8-2012 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

Very interesting... Thanks for this!

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Booda2012
Pretty cool video. It appears to be legit and so do the reactions of the people. What the sphere is is another question altogether but the reactions of the folks watching was one of pure wonder!

And it was. It was more incredible before I started filming. Like a jewel suspended in the sky with a bright light being shone through it.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by dplum517

They will assume you are too dumb to know any better and can't tell what's happening in the sky.

Intelligence has little to do with it. We are all subject to errors in perception.

That I can agree on. For this thread, and just a few evenings ago I saw exactly the same thing with binoculars, looking West/North West and the sun just below the horizon, and just a few clouds brightly lit and light golden. In the clear air in between, an intense bright white large point of light suddenly appeared, then fazed, then reintensified, with little motion, but enough to know that it was mobile, same effect was repeated with different time scale, aka not a specific modulation, then the effect disappeared leaving much like a grey dot that gradually morphed into a jet at altitude and no contrail coming towards my direction. Never saw that particular effect before so singularly, nothing to do with landing lights, just reflections. Trying to figure the brightness and whiteness out, I can only guess that the jet's paintwork was reflecting a particular wavelength out of the sun, maybe blue or grey/gray, but not the gold of the sunset.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
i've had my own unexplainable experiences... A few of them actually ... That's why i'm here ... Maybe i posted my own experience here on ATS... I cant remember ... Alot stranger than dots in the sky ...

I'm not telling you that your belief system is faulty, or that aliens and UFO's do not exist ... I would never ... If anyone is a believer, it's the guy typing this message right now ... But what we're seeing here, and what we've seen here on ATS and all across YouTube THOUSANDS of times over the past few years, are most likely planes....

If you think i joined this site to shoot down people's videos, you're wrong ... I search this forum everyday hoping to see something cool ... To be even more exact, i search these forums looking for something similar to what i've seen ... no luck yet ...

I've seen these planes for years now ... To be honest, they fooled me for YEARS (i feel like an idiot now) before i realized what i was seeing .... It was an easy mistake to make ... Glowing stationary lights in the sky ... Sometimes they would move back and forth from side to side, usually returning to the same position ... Now i know that's because PLANES do not fly in a straight line... And when they're coming straight at you with bright lights on, there is no plane to see ... Like i said, an easy mistake to make ....

Here's another secret ... These lights in the sky had me so intrigued that i went out and i bought a telescope... I figured, "Hey...these things are stationary for 5 or 10 minutes at a time, i should be able to train a scope on it"...so i did .. and what i found when the light faded was a plane banking to the left...

Get yourself a telescope ... Don't take my word for it ... I'm not trying to down anyone's good time .. I'm just trying to help you out ...

I just don't want to be mistaken for one of the MANY so called 'skeptics' that DO PROWL this forum looking for a reason to hurt someone's feelings or flex their wiki knowledge ...

These guys are out there ... But i'm not one of them ....

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Ha ha ha. You cut a crop circle and film a plane with the sun shining off it. Not even a good attempt at a fake. Boring as hell.

If you think even ATS'ers would be fooled with this, then.... well then again, this is ATS.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

You would think the military would have more important things to do than fly over and observe a crop circle. You do have to ask yourself why they would have any interest in it. After 10 thousand declared crop circles around the world, and enough top notch physicists, engineers, and scientists on the government payroll, you would think by now they would know if crop circles were man made.

edit on 24-8-2012 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

With An Increase Of Knowledge Brings An Increase Of Questions

I know many people are interested in this topic. Many questions come up, but i have a few links that may be able to answer some questions. We have to be aware though, there are people from the government whose main job is to mislead the truth. Although; what some of these people talk about may be fascinating, we always have to stay on our toes. The Disclosure Project is one of those variables that are made only to mislead the truth, so i've found in research. We don't know all the answers, but this is what i've been lead to believe. I have two links, that I believe are legitimate. I hope everyone, and anyone will watch. Enjoy.

A Most Revealing Talk Show

Aliens And Contact (A Full Documentary)

Next I have two very interesting videos that cannot be debunked, or proved to be hoax videos. At least one of these two videos could possibly be a video of a true Gray alien. You decide, but when you watch, don't dismiss the details. Reflection from the eyes, blinking, muscle details, etc. These videos are most interesting, and again, enjoy.

O.O Wait, What!?!? Do You See This?

What Can I Say??? Captivating? Hard To Decipher From Real Or Not So

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
This reminded me of an incident that happened only like 2 months ago that I had actually forgotten about. My wife, friend and I all saw what appears to be the same orb-like light in the early afternoon.

We were talking and laughing and I saw it and immediately said something along the lines of "hey check it out a UFO" thinking for SURE it was a far plane in the sky. We all laughed and then after a few seconds my friend asks "wait, what the hell is that?!" because it ended up being very odd.

It was a bright orb, VERY slowly moving upwards, and lasted for about 8-10 minutes. It slowly faded out and disappeared. Our excuse was a Mylar balloon floating up and reflecting the sun. You think there is a possibility yours was the same?

The only thing from my experience that always struck me as odd was, if it were a balloon, it was either a.) really big and b.) somehow able to get extremely high altitude.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Just wanted to add to the thread for those with no first hand knowledge of this part of England. This might sound a bit "out there" however, from my own experience and many others peoples this I can say. There's a whole swathe of the Wiltshire/Somerset area where, if you watch the skies long enough, you are almost guaranteed to see the sort of object(s) the OP has posted, for yourself.

At first sight in daylight, they are very reminiscent of a weather balloon however, weather balloons don't just disappear and weather balloons don't suddenly ascend thousands of feet in almost the blink of an eye. Weather also don't tend to appear in close packed groups of 4-6 and then perform what looks almost like a choreographed routine around each other or a fixed point in the sky.

There's another phenomenon that seems allied to these sightings that is less often reported however, I have heard several people speak of this in conjunction with sightings of these objects. That is, people report a sound they say seems to emanate from the Earth, almost like a huge bell being struck This phenomenon seems to be most heard when people see these objects from a hillside.

Maybe that suggests these objects are an, as yet, unknown natural phenomenon

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I can't wait to see an actual video of an upclose UFO where you could at least see detail. I will give it to the OP that the footage is clear and doesn't look like it was shot with a Motorola Razr.

I believe but we have no good/real/solid video evidence besides lights.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join