It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Filmed From Avebury Crop Circle, UK With Multiple Witnesses

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beavers
reply to post by the.lights

Yesterday I made the claim that I don't believe in aliens any more because, I always get my hopes up and then look at the evidence and think: 'it looks more like a balloon floating away than an intelligently powered craft'...

usually when I make bold claims, the universe teaches me a lesson and proves me wrong!!

not today tho eh?

edit on 24-8-2012 by Beavers because: (no reason given)

I am extremely humbled by some of the responses I have been getting to this video and the effect it has had on people. I always hoped, dreamed in fact, that I would capture something one day that might have been 1/10th as good as my encounter with orbs in August 2009. Besides capturing video of my day to day life, my primary reason for purchasing the video camera was triggered by my 2009 encounter. I take it with me everywhere since I decided should I ever be fortunate enough to experience this again, then I would at least have the possibility of capturing it and being able to share it with the world.

Know this, had I had the video camera with me in August 2009 the whole question mark over UFO phenomena would have been a done deal because I was within 500 feet of six orbs that formed a diagonal line in the sky and it would be an accepted fact worldwide with undeniable evidence. I only wish I had had my video camera back then. One of my Facebook friends I know from this encounter and she saw them up close - closer than I did. She described the orbs as being intense, glowing spheres of light - on fire - with the underside moving in and out like the skirt of a jellyfish or church bellows.

I believe it is no coincidence that I had this sighting just three weeks after visiting the Yin-Yang circle in 2009 and it just seems incredible that 3 years on, I go back to a circle with video camera in hand, and this happened.

This week I have a second Facebook friend directly linked to an encounter - the guy with the beard at the end of the video. So I have two Facebook friends now from two encounters. This I find incredible in itself.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by radioboffin
reply to post by Beavers

Well spotted.

Technically it was a UFO.

It was an unidentified flying object.

Whether it was an alien space craft, a reflection of strong sunlight off a conventional flying object or something more mysterious it was well captured and a very interesting video - well done.

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grifter81

When was this video taken? What direction was the light traveling? I only ask because if it was moving out of the West it could have been the international space station.

Up until Monday its passes have been incredibly bright over the UK. Many have been in the evening at or just after sunset. I notice the sun is setting in your video.
edit on 24/8/2012 by Grifter81 because: (no reason given)

Thanks.

I have already had this discussion with two techy guys on my Facebook page.

It was around 9pm on Sunday. We have ruled out the ISS as it was passing over around this time. I believe the ISS moves from out of the west rather than toward the west. I watched the ISS several times from my home in Wales it moves across the sky from the west to an east south-easterly direction - it does not dramatically change its brightness, follows a steady and constant trajectory or path across the sky.

This light was stationary for a good 30-40 seconds whilst it was glowing intensely then it started to move, gradually and slowly in a westerly direction. All those of us there can account for this. ISS follows an orbital path around the Earth. It does not sit on the sky for 30-40 seconds, then move.

I greatly enjoy watching the ISS when it passes over. This was something else entirely.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Planets don't hang stationary, change brightness dramatically, then move and blink out.

I understand what you are saying (stared your post) in light of the footage but the generic affirmation as you make it is not correct.

Planets do not hang stationary, they move even if slow but often faster than for instance the duration of a sun set (that people have more or less a reference on the speed), they can change brightness dramatically depending on atmospheric conditions and even the time of day (more difficult to see if the sunlight interferes with the observation), in very specific conditions they can even seem to shimmer, float (similar to an hot air colon mirage) and clouds can make it blink out.

It is not what seems to happen on the video, just to put make it clear that it can not be generalized as you did.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by the.lights

Originally posted by homeslice
Got an unstabilized version?

Stabilizing effects always give that weird look to the video and make it harder to tell if its authentic.
(not saying that you are lying about filming this)

I have the unstabilized version on my hard drive and the camera I can upload it too if you like.

Can you please upload the unstabilized version, please.

Thanks

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by iksose7
If the sun was setting could it not be a satellite moving away from you (which is why it appeared stationary) that caught that sun for a few seconds then faded. I'm not debunking, just presenting a possibilitiy.

But yet again with UFO vids, if there is even a 1% chance of the object having a reaonable explanation, then thats what it is usually labeled as and it is classed as 'officially debunked'. This is something i hate about sceptics and debunkers.
edit on 24-8-2012 by iksose7 because: (no reason given)

I wish I had captured the first 30-40 seconds on video. The light show it was putting on was incredible. I am happy with what I caught, just frustrated I couldn't have reached my video camera sooner.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wifibrains
Nice vid, S+F.

The excitement of the witnesses speaks volumes. I bet that was a wonderful expeirience.

Lol at the little boys remarks about making a wish. Bless him.

It was incredible. Something very special. We were extremely fortunate and blessed to have experienced this.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xarian6
Yep

Like a really bright LED .. star.. dot .. thing. not high enough to be a star.. but high enough.

This thread is full of awesome

Thanks!

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
If you watch the video with no sound, it's a very different experience.
We see a bright light/reflection for a total of about 4-5 seconds and in that time it appears to be stationary and that's it.

Obviously the energy and excitement from the people make the video what it is and I'm sure being there would make it much better... but just as a viewer and watching objectively, I don't see anything to get excited about.

edit on 24/8/12 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

Why would you watch it without the sound? You could try listening the sound and closing your eyes instead...? Why limit your options...?

I guess you had to be there...

Thanks for your input. I appreciate it!

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Fantastic footage, I love everyone's reactions to it shows it is genuine, How lucky you were to have your camera

Could you please upload the unstabilized version, Thanks.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by tracehd1
Sorry if this was asked before but..can you tell us your experience in a crop circle? Do you feel different while in it? They say...cameras stop working sometimes, physical feelings of being in one ..ect

This is only my second crop circle. My first was the Yin-Yang circle in 2009 near Silbury Hill very close to this circle. I always enter the circles with a sense of great respect and awe. People get different things from encountering crop circles. Everyone experiences something different, unique. For me, I feel greatly appreciative, humbled, respectful, a sense of peace, solitude and awe.

As you can hear in the film, both Gabriela (the Swiss lady) and I could not see the object through our viewfinders. It was only once I'd got home that I was able to see the object had been captured. The most interesting thing about this? The way that the light appeared to the naked eye and how it appeared on camera. The camera in no way did this thing justice. The light being emitted was unlike any other light you can imagine. It was like a sparkling jewel. Beautiful, in fact. And I have seen this light before in 2009, but much closer.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Thanks for the video!

Satellite? This could explain why it disappeared...

link   

Originally posted by ceetee

Originally posted by tetsuo
Wow, indeed uplifting! You could keep up visiting circles and build a relationship with them. Who knows, these are strange times...

I came within 500 ft of six orbs in 2009. This is nothing new for me. I intentionally went because the last time I visited a circle I had my first encounter three weeks later with the orbs. This time, it seems as though something showed up to say 'hi'.
edit on 23-8-2012 by the.lights because: (no reason given)

Forgive me for saying this, but what you have posted ive seen so many times before over leeds/yorkshire area. When planes are approaching the airport from high altitude, they switch on bright lights. For a period of time, it looks like the plane is stationery, if it banks slightly, the light appears to flicker until the plane has turned slightly away, when it appears to go out. What i see in your video matches this. On the ground I see a group of people with their own beliefs all bouncing off each other and creating "what they want to see".

Sorry, but this is another light in the sky video. Your connections to previous undocumented/unevidenced events has no relation to this sighting and it scares me a bit that you've already decided that this light in the sky was a) somehow connected to you being there b) of alien origin

Don't get me wrong, i really want to believe. But after years of running a site and reviewing videos like this, i came to the conclusion that people will see whatever they want to see and no amount of discussion will sway their belief. If you take a step back and look at it logically, this is an aircraft in the sky. Or... are you really telling me that alien lights are appearing in our airspace in the evening without interception, report or complete and utter panic. Come on, think about it.
edit on 24-8-2012 by ceetee because: (no reason given)

Thank you very much for your assessment of my video. I greatly appreciate your perspective and I completely understand your need to find an explanation for what we saw. I really wish you could have been there and experienced this. I Iive within six miles of Cardiff airport so am very familiar with the planes coming in to land, banking, turning on landing lights and so forth. I regularly walk my dog through the Vale of Glamorgan and on a clear day or night I regularly view plane activity with landing lights. And when dark or at sunset, it can look unusual. I was well aware of the possibility of this. Let me address your points.

The object was much higher than a plane coming into land. The light it was emitting was much brighter, intenser, more dazzling than anything man made. As I have described many times now, if you can imagine a bright torchlight being shone through a crystal - that is what it looked like. When I first spotted it, it was hanging in the sky. Distance is a very hard thing to determine with something like this because with a standard plane, you know what the object is, you know how big planes are, so you have that reference point. I would say this object, at a guess, was at least 5-10,00 ft up.

It was glowing so brightly before I filmed it it looked like a large ball shape and it almost felt like it was going to do something. It was incredible.

The object was suspended in the sky for 30-40 seconds reduced its intensity and moved gradually westward. Planes follow a steady course once you have determined that is what you are looking at. This thing, as I can best describe it, drifted... Planes do not drift across the sky.

If you would like to trace all witnesses to this and sit all six of us down in the room and get this on record then please do. I am happy to do so. Let me assure you, there was no projection of any belief system or 'wanting to see it as something it was not' here. What you see in my video is evidence as best I can provide to you of an event that was truly incredible. I only wish I could have captured the first 30-40 seconds for you. The light it was emitting was incredible!

I am sorry if I have 'scared' you. I am happy to discuss my encounter from 2009 with you or with anyone else - again, I am in contact with a fellow viewer of the orbs from August 2009 and can provide you with all the entries and similar sightings from August-September 2009.

I am a believer. Before 2009 I was a sceptic. I had always said that I would be until I saw something myself, even though I wanted to believe.

I used to have a closed mind. I now have an open mind. Completely wide open. I believe you have to be. We live in a vast, unfathomable Universe. You have to be open to the possibility that ANYTHING is possible. Is our mere existence in itself not incredible?

Why panic about these things? Why not welcome them with open arms?

link   
Nice sighting. Your post got me thinking. Wouldn't it be cool if there was a way you could automatically find out if something was a plane or not. I thought of an app for the iphone where you could hold it up to something in the sky and using your location, heading, time and live flight path info show you exactly what plane it was.

I got excited and saw $ signs, (£ signs actually i'm English
) but then i did a quick search and find it already exists. Oh well back to work for me! but I have found a cool looking app that will def come in use. combining it with the starwalk app I can now instantly rule out, stars, planets, satellites, and now aircraft (apart from secret military ones)

check it, their website is pretty cool too.

www.flightradar24.com...

www.flightradar24.com...

I wonder if you could use this website to rewind back in time and find out exactly if it was a plane or not? just a thought.

Peace

link   
Seen this a lot.

When Sun is hitting the plane just at the right spot , creates huge bright light, looks amazing.

the light goes smaller and smaller.

Then the light just dissappears. This is simply because the plane has turned and the plane is too far away to spot with naked eye. Its exactly how you describe.

you can see the effect the setting sun is having on some streaks in the sky at 11/12second mark. it can make shiny planes look amazing.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheIrishJihad
So many experts with all the answers. Debunkers constantly wanting to be right. It's sad really.

Great video by the way.

Thanks!

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum
Seen this a lot.

When Sun is hitting the plane just at the right spot , creates huge bright light, looks amazing.

the light goes smaller and smaller.

Then the light just dissappears. This is simply because the plane has turned and the plane is too far away to spot with naked eye. Its exactly how you describe.

you can see the effect the setting sun is having on some streaks in the sky at 11/12second mark. it can make shiny planes look amazing.

Thanks for your input. I guess you had to be there.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluloa
Does anyone have a picture of the crop circle ?

It would be interesting to see what it says.

Here you go...

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Panic2k11

Planets don't hang stationary, change brightness dramatically, then move and blink out.

I understand what you are saying (stared your post) in light of the footage but the generic affirmation as you make it is not correct.

Planets do not hang stationary, they move even if slow but often faster than for instance the duration of a sun set (that people have more or less a reference on the speed), they can change brightness dramatically depending on atmospheric conditions and even the time of day (more difficult to see if the sunlight interferes with the observation), in very specific conditions they can even seem to shimmer, float (similar to an hot air colon mirage) and clouds can make it blink out.

It is not what seems to happen on the video, just to put make it clear that it can not be generalized as you did.

No worries. Thanks for your input. Greatly appreciated!

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by voyger2

Originally posted by homeslice
Got an unstabilized version?

Stabilizing effects always give that weird look to the video and make it harder to tell if its authentic.
(not saying that you are lying about filming this)

I have the unstabilized version on my hard drive and the camera I can upload it too if you like.

Can you please upload the unstabilized version, please.

Thanks

I will try to upload the unstabilized version this afternoon.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join