It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You All Deranged?! Women Want Rape? o_O

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Two points

First, I did not slander the whole gender. I even highlighted the words "GIRL GAMES".
I would not, and do not expect such nonsense from a "WOMAN". The confusion I am guessing, is due to the high number of 30, 40, and even 50 year old 'girls'.
Females may mature earlier than men but they also seem to stop quicker than men. They hit about fifteen or sixteen and remain at that age forever.
But they are easy to spot.
Simply ask how many 'girl myths' they still believe
Do you believe all men are incapable of saying 'NO' ?
Do you believe all men think of sex every 19 seconds?
Little girls like to believe this because it feeds their vanity.
Women, having grown and mature, know better.

Second. You imply that I should not blame all for a few bad apples.
Am I? And if I am, am I wrong?
Or is it you who are trying to unjustifiably credit the whole gender for the behavior of a small minority of intelligent women? A little objectivity please. Perhaps I am wrong. But perhaps I am right and you are wrong. There is no need to argue this though as every man out there will encounter many average females and see for themselves which group the majority belong in.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Puck 22

Second. You imply that I should not blame all for a few bad apples. Am I? And if I am, am I wrong?
Or is it you who are trying to unjustifiably credit the whole gender for the behavior of a small minority of intelligent women? A little objectivity please. Perhaps I am wrong. But perhaps I am right and you are wrong. There is no need to argue this though as every man out there will encounter many average females and see for themselves which group the majority belong in.

I am not trying to justify or credit any gender, because there are varying types in both...and they come in all ages.

I have seen 50 year old men act like school boys, with ego's clashing, as soon as there are women around, that they feel they have to compete for the attention of, and I have seen the same in women.

I have seen women try to have an intelligent conversation with men, only to to have sexual innuendos thrown in at every turn of the conversation . Perhaps men have their moods and days when their minds seem to only gravitate to the hunt and conquer mode, or they just think they are being funny and trying to impress men. I'm not sure...I'm not a man..so I don't want to judge all of them on observing the behavior of a few at varying times.

I just have never felt it to be fair to judge a whole group of people on the actions of some , which is why I addressed your post.

If I were to judge all men by some that I have encountered , I would have decided many years ago, that the whole gender was a useless waste of space and air.

I am grateful that I do not assume all men are cut from the same cloth, and I can say that I am confident in saying that not all women are either.

edit on 24-8-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyBuff
I love how this thread totally negates the fact that FREE WILL comes with RESPONSIBILITIES and CONSEQUENCES!

Every choice we make has ripples in the pond people, perception is what determines if we are able to see the ripples or not…

:News Flash: The world can be dangerous.

So if I come round your house and beat you up because I disagree with you, does that put some of the blame on you for exercising your free will in a provocative manner?

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by humphreysjim

So if I come round your house and beat you up because I disagree with you, does that put some of the blame on you for exercising your free will in a provocative manner?

Let me ask you this. If you have some very valuable paintings in your home, would you advertise it to a bar of strangers?

Break and enter to steal is wrong, even if the doors are unlocked , but to advertise valuable possessions , and then leave your door unlocked is not very wise.

Because stealing is wrong, and people should not be doing it even if the doors are unlocked, is that a justifiable reason for everyone to leave their doors unlocked, and expect to not be robbed ?

edit on 25-8-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

I actually agreed with a couple of those comments that you refer to as "sick and twisted" lol. I'm a female and I don't think any woman deserves to be raped period. For example, if someone pulls up in an expensive sports car, it doesn't mean that's it's OK to steal the car for a quick drive....but just as most people will probably ohhh and ahhh over the car (which is expected) the men will look at girls that are dressed inappropriately. Why some girls want that attention is beyond me. I think it's actually quite sad. I prefer a classy look to a skanky look. Save the skanky look for the bedroom with your husband (in private) if that is what you like IMO.
But bottom line......NOBODY has the right to put their hands on another person PERIOD!

As for men, I have to agree that a lot of them are weak and can easily be drawn to girls/women in tight/revealing clothing. High heels are definitely a dog magnet lol.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

A lot of people here are presuming women dress "Skimpy" to attain sexual attention..

Granted SOME DO, but what about on the beach? In a hot and humid summer? What if she just wants to feel FREE, what if she has a skin condition, and it eases to wear LESS clothes? What if she's dressing like that, just BECAUSE she can? What if its just a fashion statement?

AND WHY DO MEN NOT RECEIVE THE SAME COMMENTS WHEN WALKING ROUND IN TRUNKS OR BRIEFS?

See how many variables there are?? How can people sit there and be so judgmental?

I always hated going to the beach or a public pool and always wore the shorts and tank type of swimsuit. As a teenager I had an attractive body but I just felt uncomfortable showing so much of my flesh.

I've always been very spiritual with high morals. In fact, I avoid checking out men. If I'm in public and I see an attractive man with a nice body, I purposely look away and remove any impure thoughts from my mind. I don't even want corrupt thoughts going into my spirit. I'm married and I prefer to give full respect to my husband in that regard. It's too bad that married men in general don't have the self disipline and strength that I've grown to have.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Girl here and I'll be short.

Some girls want to be raped, sometimes it's a fantasy and it's said to be normal to have that kind of fantasy at least once in your life to just have a hot guy (or girl) barge in your house and force you into submission. However, the reality of this couldn't be far from fantasy. It turns into a wrestling game where you get bruises, broken bones, possible cuts and perhaps death. There are some girls that do want to flaunt around and sleep with a guy, they are seen often at the bar (I hate going to bars). They are there to have a good time, to have that one-night stand and then some of those girls call the cops and claim it's date-rape (that's a terrible thing to do).

I don't think there exists "she's begging to be raped" because you can't rape the willing. However there are some girls out there that act this way and become a huge tease around men (and some men do the same around women, yes they get raped too!) and a lot of confusion and hatred stems from this. I've heard of a few people that are related to "in my circle" that have gotten raped before and their experiences weren't exciting and they are happy to be alive but had to go through therapy.

To answer your question OP, no, you can't rape the willing but you can rape the unwilling. Rape fantasies are normal but real-life is different than fantasy. That's all there is to it. So say no to rape with a good taser to the eye!

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Its all about freedom, woman have the freedom to wear what they want and men have the freedom to ogle them. woman dont need to be raped, but lets face facts, there is a higher chance that will happen if they dress sluty and the woman know this already so its a little like playing with a loaded gun. it doesnt make rape acceptable though. my thoughts anyway

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhisperingWinds

Let me ask you this. If you have some very valuable paintings in your home, would you advertise it to a bar of strangers?

Break and enter to steal is wrong, even if the doors are unlocked , but to advertise valuable possessions , and then leave your door unlocked is not very wise.

Because stealing is wrong, and people should not be doing it even if the doors are unlocked, is that a justifiable reason for everyone to leave their doors unlocked, and expect to not be robbed ?

The situations aren't even close to analogous. Look, bad people exist, yes? So what you're basically saying is we should minimize that risk as much as possible, so any attractive women shouldn't even leave the house at all in that case. Right? Why not just tell good looking women to stay in their houses with bodyguards? Is it because to do so would be to give up their own freedom? It's the same deal with clothes.

Dressing in a way you might consider "provocative" a girl might just consider "smart, and sexy" and a way that makes her feel confident and happy. This is not "advertising" neither is it leaving your house door unlocked, it's an expression of freedom. While I may not discuss expensive art, I certainly would not hesitate to discuss my nice car, or my computer.

The advice you are giving is to sacrifice some element of your own freedom in order to stay safe, and if you do not do so, you are in some way "asking for it", and in some way "to blame", which is flat out wrong.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Where do you draw the line? Hair and makeup are not necessary, but they make women appear more attractive to the average male, and would therefore tend to increase the risk of rape.

Why not tell women to stop bathing, stop wearing makeup, stop shaving their armpits, and shave their heads?

What is the difference? All of those things increase the "urge to rape" for the rapist, so I see little difference to choice of clothes to personal appearance otherwise.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hope4peace

A lot of people here are presuming women dress "Skimpy" to attain sexual attention..

Granted SOME DO, but what about on the beach? In a hot and humid summer? What if she just wants to feel FREE, what if she has a skin condition, and it eases to wear LESS clothes? What if she's dressing like that, just BECAUSE she can? What if its just a fashion statement?

AND WHY DO MEN NOT RECEIVE THE SAME COMMENTS WHEN WALKING ROUND IN TRUNKS OR BRIEFS?

See how many variables there are?? How can people sit there and be so judgmental?

I always hated going to the beach or a public pool and always wore the shorts and tank type of swimsuit. As a teenager I had an attractive body but I just felt uncomfortable showing so much of my flesh.

I've always been very spiritual with high morals. In fact, I avoid checking out men. If I'm in public and I see an attractive man with a nice body, I purposely look away and remove any impure thoughts from my mind. I don't even want corrupt thoughts going into my spirit. I'm married and I prefer to give full respect to my husband in that regard. It's too bad that married men in general don't have the self disipline and strength that I've grown to have.

Wow, that kind of discipline and in turn, respect for your mans' political space is all too rare these days. Atleast now we have a tangible proof that it's not worth giving up on finding a wife. Being a family guy these days is "boring" apparentlyh

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
There is lots of really silly comments in this thread in my opinion... mostly because people are so programmed into what is right and what is wrong, and then their minds explode when their sexual urges clashes with the programming. Oh noes, what to do... men must be pigs, and wimen must be sluts... just stop it. Please.

Most girls likes when guys look at them, and most guys like when females look at them. Its natural. If you dont think so, you have been programmed into thinking its morally wrong to look at people and think they are beautiful. There is nothing wrong with looking. Normal people in relationships look at other people and find them attractive. Its nice to look at attractive people and both men and females do it. There is nothing wrong with it.

The rape stuff is just ridicolous. No normal guy rapes a girl because she is sexy. How can you even think that?

Sigh.

edit on 25-8-2012 by PrimitiveWorld because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I feel like this thread sits right at the junction of 'Human Morality' & 'Animal Instincts'...
I don't condone any form of Rape, but human behavior continually reminds me of how close we are to the animals we evolved from...

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

I'm just simply stating that women who dress to attract sexual attention , shouldn't complain when they get it, and they need to be more understanding of male hormones, and what kind of sexuality they use to try and stimulate those hormones. Like some posters have replied on smiliegirls thread..rape isn't always about the power, it is about sexual gratification as well, and if women wanted to dress to promote sexual stimulii, then they need to be accountable for that.

Are you kidding me?

As a man I call bs on this, guess what, I can control my urges just fine so can most of the male population.

So can all of my friends, the sight of an attractive women does not send Real men into a rape frenzy.

Only misogynistic D-bags think in that manner.

This debate is a no-brainer. The sight of an attractive woman dressed provocatively will stir up the sexual urges of a man in most instances. The majority of those men will not want to rape the woman who has got their attention but that will not stop them desiring them sexually. It's not like you can reason with a man that it's morally wrong to sexually desire a woman is it? so whats your point exactly? congratulations for controlling your urges but they are still there nonetheless. Are you advocating men look away when they see a woman who turns them on because of the way they are dressed? Do you think it's sensible for a woman who dresses provocatively to assume that all men will control their sexual urges?

Personally I don't think there's anything wrong with a woman in a slutty outfit. As far as I'm concerned they make the world a brighter place but I do wonder if that outfit would put them more at risk of being raped and I do wonder if they are aware of that when they are spending 3 hours getting dressed to kill.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by PrimitiveWorld

The rape stuff is just ridicolous. No normal guy rapes a girl because she is sexy. How can you even think that? Sigh.

I agree with you wholeheartedly on that statement.

But not every guy is normal, and some are as silly to think that if a girl says hi to them , that they want him sexually, so, I'm sure there are some that read revealing clothing as a sign they are looking for sex.

That being said , you are correct that most men would never think of rape, but many men will try to hit on the women, which is ok I guess, if that is what she feels comfortable with.

My point is that women shouldn't dress VERY sexy , and not expect men to leer, and some to come onto her. Simple really.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by humphreysjim

The situations aren't even close to analogous.

Fair enough...but..you're the one who started the bad analogies with this quote below.

That situation is not even close to analogous as well .

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by humphreysjim
Where do you draw the line? Hair and makeup are not necessary, but they make women appear more attractive to the average male, and would therefore tend to increase the risk of rape.

Why not tell women to stop bathing, stop wearing makeup, stop shaving their armpits, and shave their heads?

What is the difference? All of those things increase the "urge to rape" for the rapist, so I see little difference to choice of clothes to personal appearance otherwise.

I think a woman looking attractive and presentable , and perhaps smelling nice , is not quite on the same level as fish net stockings, high heals, and breasts that are mostly exposed.

Some men don't even find provocatively dressed women to be attractive (especially if their bodies aren't so hot) , so its not about the attractiveness, its about the message sent on sexuality that is the point.

That being said, there is never a valid excuse for rape, and I'm not saying most men would ever act on that sexual flaunting, just saying it could be a trigger for SOME very unbalanced males out there, who know they can't get what is being advertised , and resent it being flaunted in their faces.

Doesn't make it right, and it NEVER EVER justifies the rape, but to deny that in this world that it doesn't happen, is really unwise.

edit on 25-8-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by humphreysjim

According to what you said, I guess it would all come down to men then. They'll just have to practice better self discipline

Not much hope for that though....Clinton couldn't even keep his thing in his pants

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by HamrHeed

Originally posted by Hope4peace

Wow, that kind of discipline and in turn, respect for your mans' political space is all too rare these days. Atleast now we have a tangible proof that it's not worth giving up on finding a wife. Being a family guy these days is "boring" apparentlyh

Why do you find family life boring these days??

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I think too many, including the OP are getting lost in the sauce on this one.

On planet Earth, there are murderers. They murder people. There are thieves. They steal. There are arsonists. They destroy with fire. And there are rapists. They rape.

That is the environment in which this discussion is held. There is no such environment in which all the good points raised on this thread exist. It's make believe. Sorry if you feel otherwise.

Do you lock your car on the street? Do you lock your home when you are away? Yes you do. You know thieves are out there. Do you antagonize street thugs? No you don't. You understand the consequences. You know what the world is.

When it comes to rape, why do people see this differently? The S***heads are out there. You know this. Yet everybody wants to tippy toe around the elephant in the room by blabbing on about a women's rights, or free will, or some such nonsense.

Even if a woman does everything right, takes care of herself, uses her head, the rapists are still out there. They still will do what they do if given an opportunity. Rape is a criminal behavior. There is no rationalizing it with reference to your behavior. You are in their world.

So keep on discussing what women wear or don't wear, how they act or do not act. Believe you have the right to do whatever you want. Believe your beliefs matter to a predator. Believe your justifications really exists outside your head. Believe your righteousness provides protection. See how that works out for you.

edit on 25-8-2012 by ABNARTY because: sp

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join