Are You All Deranged?! Women Want Rape? o_O

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockoperawriter
remember the movie shawshank redemption? remember the movie deliverence? were the guys dressed to get raped?

and your point?

The point I have made is that there are multiple scenarios and reasons that lay behind rape.

To say that every rape that occurs on this planet can be equivalent of the rape in shawshank is a little absurd.
edit on 23-8-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

could you elaborate on where i get absurd? not trying to get you mad, but that can happen in any alleyway. to say that someone was raped simply for dressing a certain way is one sided in my perspective. the mind of a rapist is like that of a shark, or a serial killer. yeah if you wear clothes that are revealing it is like rotten bloody meat in open sea water. but there are people who don't wear that type of clothing and possibly look homely who get raped. done arguing with you, my point is appearance is a small part of the equation. it is about power and domination, and in some cases a preface to a coup d'etat
edit on 23-8-2012 by rockoperawriter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

could you elaborate on where i get absurd? not trying to get you mad, but that can happen in any alleyway. to say that someone was raped simply for dressing a certain way is one sided in my perspective. the mind of a rapist is like that of a shark, or a serial killer. yeah if you wear clothes that are revealing it is like rotten bloody meat in open sea water. me i know nothing

who was saying that dressing a certain way would get you raped?

The op insinuated that others said that, when she was referring to thread where someone just asked why woman dressed like whores these days.

The point I made is that woman who dress provocatively , and then complain for being leered at by men, seems a little silly to me.

There are also many types of rapes, most of which happen by someone the rapist knows, and many of those have to do with the foolish presumption made by men that the women actually were inviting some kind of advance, and when they are shut down, their ego's take over, and they get angry and forceful.

SOME men can see provocative dress to mean the women is wanting to look sexy, therefore wants to have sex , which can lead to the man coming on to her, and disappointment when shut down.

edit on 23-8-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

remember the movie shawshank redemption? remember the movie deliverence? were the guys dressed to get raped?

Remember reality is not a movie?
Sorry mods: Second line.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but some women out there really do have rape fantasies. Here's the skinny:

www.psychologytoday.com...

A recent analysis of 20 studies over the last 30 years indicates that between 31% and 57% of women have rape fantasies, and these fantasies are frequent or preferred in 9% to 17% of women. Considering that many people are ashamed to report rape fantasies, these stats are most likely lowball figures. In my personal experience, most women really appreciate subtle to moderate domination in the bedroom—a little forceful restraint, a little pain—as long as they feel safe.

I had one girlfriend who wanted me to call her a slut, but that was pushing my boundaries. Though I didn't mind calling her naughty, etc., for expressing pleasure at whatever I was doing to her. The whole "you shouldn't like this but I know you do" routine. She explained that sexuality was taboo in her household growing up. So pretending that she was being corrupted by someone else freed her to go along with the illicit activities and indulge in her repressed desires. Not all of our play followed this narrative, but when it did, the temperature rose.Research into rape fantasies hasn't been particularly well publicized.

Many people don't want to acknowledge that women have them, for fear that the news will incite or excuse real rape: "See? Women want it after all!" But I follow the Kinsey line that it's better to study the disturbing parts of human sexuality than to keep them in the dark.

I really wish people would stop generalizing for the sake of popular opinion.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

when my girls of are teenagers im going to tell them if you dress in cloths that show off your body you will be hit on more by men that think you are easy, if you dress normal you wont have as many guys hitting on you, but the ones that do are less likely to think of you as a sex object based on apperence alone. the choice will be there's unless they are going out in the world with me then i do have a say since there mine legally till there 18, i hope by the time there 18 i have taught them well enough that they don't feel the need to dress provocative, and living in a college town with hot summers i know the difference between provocative and comfortable.

thats got me thinking, i bet with divorce rates at about 50 percent some of these girls didnt have there dad around all the time to say "sweetheart, stop dressing like a dipsh*t and put some normal cloths on" which is not very inspiring for me since i only see mine every other week
ill have to figure somthing out.
edit on 24-8-2012 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

A lot of people here are presuming women dress "Skimpy" to attain sexual attention.

Not a lot of presumption required there, really.

Now wait a minute. I'm on your side, as you will see if you let me continue.

Women dress to attract sexual attention. Men compete with each other for the same reason.

This is normal and natural. What is unnatural is putting women into purdah, wrapping them up in long dresses and bonnets, hiding them away behind convent and harem walls. Female sexuality is meant to be on display, exactly as male sexuality is. The moralists and wannabe rapists you're ranting about are the ones who have got it wrong; they're frightened of their own wee-wees, that's the problem.

Normal men can control their sexual impulses. Rapists can't or won't. Should women pander to these degenerates (and their sympathizers) by bundling themselves up in layers of clothing and staying out of male view? Should they fiddlesticks. It's the rapists who need shutting away, not the women.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
dont underestimate a mans urges! thay pretty intense and you can not control them.
its primal and animalistic.
the trick remembering that you are human.
no man or women deserve to be forcibly taken

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Because someone dresses a particular way isn't an invitation for her to be attacked. If I had the body to dress a little more revealing, I would. But behaviour also comes into play.
If you're acting OTT for attention and you got your smalls on display, then you will gain attention, whether you 'want it' or not.
Yes women have to be aware of their situations, ie: not get drunk and then walk home alone, or even get a cab home alone. Too many cab drivers are taking advantage of women who can't protect themselves.
Women do not 'ask' to be raped. They might act like hyper-sexual nut jobs, but it is not an invitation.
The rapist is the who is to be held accountable. Always.
Just because a woman hasn't said "no", it doesn't mean she is saying "yes".

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Firstly, I feel with women, especially in America raising children by themselves, (single moms) alot of women from the 70's onward have done it themselves, so, women should be teaching these young men that rape is never to be condoned, mis-treatment of women is not acceptable period.

I was covered from neck to foot in clothing and not tight either and old men still were laciviously salivating at the mouth (I was 20 at the time) when I was out about my world, school, job, etc. Some men don't need any reason, just that you're a female will do.

Men should be taught from a young age Rape Is Rape, Violence Against A Child, Woman, Human Being Is NOT Acceptable!!!!!!!!! /Rant.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
As I was reading this thread I could only think of one thing; Who really cares?
So what if someone thinks being dressed like a "slut" means you should get raped? No judge in his right mind would say "Oh well it appears you were dressed as a whore. Charges dismissed." If there is anything to learn about humanity it is this: People are smart, A person is stupid. A nun could be raped and some idiot would likely say "It's cause she dressed as a whore."
Some people believe the Moon is a giant hollow space ship, and some people think the ghost of Michael Jackson hangs around Neverland
Idiots will be idiots no matter what, so why even be worried about it?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I, as a man, have been taught the value of money. I want it, and I need it. And then there are all these women who go out with their handbags COMPLETELY VISIBLE RIGHT THERE ON THEIR SHOULDERS!!

And they blame me when I beat them up and take their money?

That's society for ya, eh.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by RoboticNomad

So you're telling me the moon isn't a giant hollow space ship ???
Damn...I was so sure about that

It's kinda late to get in on the action here, but just to drop my op...

Addressing these urges, that men have...

So I like women. I adore women. I like their curves, their legs, breasts, faces, hands, butts, fingers, hair, and of course, their vaginas.

When I see a semi naked fine woman, I have urges. I have an urge to jump her on the street, rip her clothes off and make sweet/or not so sweet love to her.

But, I control my urges. I am a grown man. To say that I am unable to control my primitive urges would make me feel very retarded or backward. We live in 21st century. I value my freedom of choice more than anything in this world. So, in order to have this freedom, I must give others this freedom.

Humans, or men, that are slaves to their urges, are in my book, lower life forms. They have not evolved beyond the caves their ancestors lived in. Unfortunately, such is our reality.

Bottom line....if you can not control your urge upon seeing a beautiful semi naked woman...than you shouldn't also be working anywhere. You shouldn't be around children also. I wouldn't want to employ anyone who is a slave to his urges.

I' am depending on you my dear fellow citizen of this planet...rise above our animal instincts. We are human beings. We have to be better than that. If we aren't...than all of this progress is for nothing.

Rise above our primitive urges, evolve, and live and let live.

*ps. I approve of women wearing more and more provocative clothes. Just makes me have more to see and to play in my fantasies.

Do you want to revert to the Victorian era when seeing an ankle under a kilos of outfit was the highlight of your day? No thanks. I like my women as naked as possible. They are the most beautiful creation on this planet and they should not be hidden. They should be free to walk naked if they feel like it.

Any you psycho wacko rapists...take a mental picture, rush quickly home, and get rid of your urge in a privacy of your home. After the seed is spilled, you will feel at ease.

We are born naked in to this world.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Even if we do follow the idiotic "men are unable to resist their urges" argument, it is still not completely healthy to have a strong urge to rape in the first place - these people should be treated as no better than violent criminals and murderers.

Blaming women for wearing revealing clothing makes no more sense than blaming a rich man for owning nice stuff when he gets burgled, or for going out in a nice car when he gets forced out of it at gunpoint.
edit on 24-8-2012 by humphreysjim because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

i'd like to add to this....
women who fantasize about being taken aren't talking about rape from a stranger. they most likely mean they'd like their partner to want them so much that they take their woman and enjoy her.

it's a big difference between rape and a "rape fantasy".

-subfab

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

If truth comes across as hatred then that's what it is I guess.

But really you don't know my story. Yet you immediately classify me as someone who lacks self-confidence to get a woman (Another characteristic of women by the way that I don't freaking get. Why do women have to factor in confidence in order to give a guy a chance?)

The real reason I never had GF is because they were all bad apples and all the good ones already had a BF. Couple that with the fact that I would constantly "migrate" to another place and really I had no chance of attaining such a luxury.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
What about me who get raped by women? I had a friend who was taken advantage of by a women. He kept passin out and waking up with her on him, and he kept tlling her to get off him. He had 50 bite and hickie marks. So yea.. Women have just as many urges as men. Id say, unfortunately,, that 1 out of 100 women who get raped, 1.. Wanted it. There are some #ed up fetishes. And women are more sexually driven then men. Women fantasize more than act.. Whereas the man gets urges and acts instead of fantasizes.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Just wanted to say, while I agree with your sentiments, some of the quotes you posted don't appear to be talking about rape at all. They appear to be talking about this generation of promiscuous girls, they way they dress and act, they way the treat sex.

No woman deserves to be raped or touched without her consent, period. The way she dresses or acts has nothing to do with rape, rape is committed by a sick person and it's more than just normal urges. In fact for most rapists, it's not even about sex, it's about control and domination.

That said... Some of these girls DO act slutty, for whatever reason, they dress up and show themselves off, which is their right. But becoming offended if you actually get that attention is what some people might have been talking about.

There is no justification for rape. I choose to believe you misunderstood those quotes or took them out of context as I refuse to believe people at ATS would actually be arguing FOR rape.

If you are dressed up sexy and flirting with me, that doesn't give me a right to violate you. But it also doesn't give you a right to act all offended and such if I make a pass at you.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny

A lot of people here are presuming women dress "Skimpy" to attain sexual attention..

if it looks like a duck, and walks like a duck..... it's probably a duck

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

Normal men can control their sexual impulses. Rapists can't or won't. Should women pander to these degenerates (and their sympathizers) by bundling themselves up in layers of clothing and staying out of male view? Should they fiddlesticks. It's the rapists who need shutting away, not the women.

Why do you take it to such opposite extremes. No one said a woman should bundle herself up from head to toe.

Tell me honestly how you would feel if your daughter at 18 is going to music festival with fish net stalkings hooked to a garter belt which shows in plain view, under a skirt that barely covers her butt cheeks, and when she slightly bends over her ass cheeks show, and she is wearing a thong. She also is wearing a top that has a third of her breasts spilling out, and her bare midriff is showing .

When you look at her, her whole outfit screams sex..so do you just say to her.."aww honey, you look hot..go get em girl.. " ?

I think most dads would look at their daughters and at least say "honey, that's a pretty revealing outfit, be careful out there tonight, you'll be attracting a lot of sexual attention" or something to that effect.
edit on 24-8-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

Haters, Bigots, Partisan Trolls, Propaganda Hacks, Racists, and LOL-tards: Time To Move On.
read more: Community Announcement re: Decorum