It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You All Deranged?! Women Want Rape? o_O

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Exactly you've got the right to dress any way you wish as an individual, if you wanna dress skimpy cool, if you wanna wear baggy/skinny jeans, awesome, if you wanna run around with a helmet with a dildo attached to it you should have the right to not be raped because of it.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
epic double post.

edit on 23-8-2012 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

How can people sit there and be so judgmental?

Isn't that exactly what you are doing with this thread ?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

LOL, Sinny

some folks are still trapped in the stone age,
never mind bronze

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
reply to post by Sinny

Exactly you've got the right to dress any way you wish as an individual, if you wanna dress skimpy cool, if you wanna wear baggy/skinny jeans, awesome, if you wanna run around with a helmet with a dildo attached to it you should have the right to not be raped because of it.

great, you go tell that to your 13 year old daughter who wants to dress like the latest Brittany or Rhianna video , when she is heading to the mall.... where the gang bangers hang out to sell drugs.

There is never an excuse for rape, but there is no excuse for provoking unwanted sexual attention either.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny

AND WHY DO MEN NOT RECEIVE THE SAME COMMENTS WHEN WALKING ROUND IN TRUNKS OR BRIEFS?

See how many variables there are?? How can people sit there and be so judgmental?

Of the people I know the women are just as vocally appreciative of an attractive man as the men are to women.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

Your quote, NOT out of context:

I remember once being a chaperone at a school dance for my kids. A young 13 year old girl, wore a skirt so high you could see her butt cheeks quite easily, and she was wearing a thong..(at least I hope she was).. Of course every young boys eyes were on her , not to mention a few dads...and she was enjoying the attention immensely. ( I think she got sent home to change at some point)

She was enjoying the attention immensely, SHE'S 13!! Those MEN are teaching her ITS GOOD. How could a 13 year old possibly know any better?!?

Again, I feel like certain individuals arguing the other side of mine, are missing somethings that's very obvious to me!

IF THE MEN DIDNT LOOK, SHE WOULD NOT HAVE FOUND THE LOOK OF APPRAISAL IN THEIR EYES.

Seriously, I've never been good with children, so I always presumed when it come to BEHAVIORAL teachings, I'd teach mine like a pet (In the nicest way), Scolding when naughty, appraisal when good, and indifference if its doing something for attention.

Eventually she's learns it wont get her anywhere.
edit on 23-8-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhisperingWinds

reply to post by Sinny

great, you go tell that to your 13 year old daughter who wants to dress like the latest Brittany or Rhianna video , when she is heading to the mall.... where the gang bangers hang out to sell drugs.

There is never an excuse for rape, but there is no excuse for provoking unwanted sexual attention either.

I never agreed to an excuse for rape, how are you going to tell me that when I said no one should be raped because of how they are dressed. As for a 13 yr old girl, thats a child, how about the parents do their job and stop blaming everyone else for their failing as a parent. You allowed your child to be exposed to such things and hell maybe if you explained them to them it wouldn't even be an issue, have you ever thought of that?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomtangentsrme

AND WHY DO MEN NOT RECEIVE THE SAME COMMENTS WHEN WALKING ROUND IN TRUNKS OR BRIEFS?

See how many variables there are?? How can people sit there and be so judgmental?

Of the people I know the women are just as vocally appreciative of an attractive man as the men are to women.

I agree, but do we not tend to discuss the matters in hushed voices to our girlfriends? Do we wolf whistle men? and tell them they look easy? Do we call them derogatory names if they knock us back? Do we presume they want sex because they are in shorts?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

She was enjoying the attention immensely, SHE'S 13!! Those MEN are teaching her ITS GOOD. How could a 13 year old possibly know any better?!?

yes..of course you would blame it on the men.. The fact that she purposely hiked her skirt up to show her butt cheeks, has nothing to do with her intentions at all.

I'm so sick of men being blamed for the sexual provocation of women or girls, no matter the age.

IF THE MEN DIDNT LOOK, SHE WOULD NOT HAVE FOUND THE LOOK OF APPRAISAL IN THEIR EYES.

It was more of a shock stare, and of course boys are boys,and to expect them not to be sexually stimulated by this, and not want to act out on it, is just beyond reason.

She knew exactly what she was doing, because it was what she set out to do, and that puts the responsibility on her as well.

edit on 23-8-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

reply to post by Sinny

yes..of course you would blame it on the men.. The fact that she purposely hiked her skirt up to show her butt cheeks, has nothing to do with her intentions at all.

I'm so sick of men being blamed for the sexual provocation of women or girls, no matter the age.

It was more of a shock stare, and of course boys are boys,and to expect them not to be sexually stimulated by this, and not want to act out on it, is just beyond reason.

She knew exactly what she was doing, because it was what she set out to do, and that puts the responsibility on her as well.

edit on 23-8-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

Okay, who knows better a 13 year old girl, or grown men? In fact don't even answer that, your quoted post satisfys my point,

On a side note:

If a man walks around the mall with his shirt off because he thinks he has a hot body, he is looking to sexually stimulate someone. Puts him in the same category in my opinion. Women are wired differently than men, and to deny that fact is unfair to men

I've many male friends and have 3 ex partners, they all walked around shirtless when the heat was getting unpleasant, I've honestly never known them just to do it for attention, although to some that comes as a nice bonus, IF that's what they want.
edit on 23-8-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomtangentsrme

I agree, but do we not tend to discuss the matters in hushed voices to our girlfriends? Do we wolf whistle men? and tell them they look easy? Do we call them derogatory names if they knock us back? Do we presume they want sex because they are in shorts?

Seeing as I'm male and my female friends include me in the conversations, I cannot agree to either hushed voices nor girlfriends. Hell, my fiancee points out more attractive women then I tend to see when we are out and about.
I have been wolf whistled at more than once by women. I have had a women scream out her car window "YOU ARE SO HOT" at me.
Never been told I look easy, but I have been told by a random lady that she wanted to take me home to. . . you get the idea.
Most of my lady friends presume every male wants sex all the time regardless of what they are wearing.
edit on 23-8-2012 by randomtangentsrme because: sp

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by randomtangentsrme

Fair enough point there, but do you see my point of how the men I posted in my OP just assumed the women were not only "up for it" but followed my nasty names if they weren't?

I judge each individual on merit, so I know it can work both ways, but there's is a higher percentage of these actions and words in men, no?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Okay, who knows better a 13 year old girl, or grown men? In fact don't even answer that, your quoted post satisfys my point,

Grown men know the difference, but 13 year old boys don't..so don't be putting it all on the grown men who stared out of astonishment.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

reply to post by Sinny

And that's my point precisely

Your EPIC double post gets a star too

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

reply to post by Sinny

How can people sit there and be so judgmental?

Isn't that exactly what you are doing with this thread ?

My judgments are based on morals...

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

reply to post by Sinny

Grown men know the difference, but 13 year old boys don't..so don't be putting it all on the grown men who stared out of astonishment.

Well I'm not blaming 13 year old boys!! They are just as impressionable as the 13 year old girl!

Sheesh, as a women I'd expect you to be a little savvy.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

I've many male friends and have 3 ex partners, they all walked around shirtless when the heat was getting unpleasant, I've honestly never known them just to do it for attention, although to some that comes as a nice bonus, IF that's what they want.

I said in a mall, which usually have air conditioning. They are looking for that kind of attention, and I've been with men who have pointed it out, when they see a man do that, in an air conditioned mall.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

I saw that other thread Sinny, and I almost posted in it, but changed my mind. The truth is, this crap has been going on for thousands of years. Women have always been oppressed in this world except for a few rare ancient cultures that treated women as "mostly" equals. America and the UK claim the most equality for women on the planet. But even so, women are still oppressed, and suffer double standards.

My point being, if women were truly equal in our society, this discussion/debate wouldn't be happening, and how women dress wouldn't be such an issue. In my personal opinion, if women are sluts, then men are equally so if they both do the same things. Yet it's still ok for men to conquest, but let a woman do that, and brag like a man does to his friends, and she's a slut and a whore.

Our society has a messed up idea of gender roles, and sexuality.
edit on 8/23/2012 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

reply to post by randomtangentsrme

I judge each individual on merit, so I know it can work both ways, but there's is a higher percentage of these actions and words in men, no?

I would say no. But I work in the arts and it's a much different life I live than normal, according to my friends who don't work in the arts. So perhaps I'm not the best one to ask that question to.

I can say all of my experiences of random flirtations were outside of my arts life. Except for they gay guys- They will hit on me at work, or randomly. Go figure.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join