It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Return of the King.- A love story.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by nevernothing
So once there was a King who loved his Kingdom, and would do anything to protect it. So he went to war with their enemies far, far, away from them, and was gone for a very long time. And his Kindom forgot about him, and went on their lives like their wasn't even a war. They started to forget about the King, and wonder if he was even real, as they only had heard stories of him. Most didn't believe in the battle either anymore, although it was the battle for their salvation as a Kingdom. But in that Kindom, a peasant was born and soon he would remind them. He was born in a province in the middle of the Kingdom to a singer and his wife. But soon in his young life he would come to know a teacher, that had been sent by the King with a book that would remind them of him.
You see, the King was so great he would blind them, if they did not know how to see. And the book told them how to shade their eyes as to look upon him and be amazed at his glory.

Your story is entirely subjective to the perspective of the individual reader.
Unless you clearly define the variables, you will ensnare a gamut of souls wandering about after their own brand of truth, when you cast your net.

Unless that is your intent.

If not, then it would behoove you to identify the king, the kingdom, and the enemies.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nooneimparticular

Originally posted by mellisamouse
Yeah, that is the part that gets me too....

I am one of THE MOST imperfect people there are

Who told you this LIE?

How can you be imperfect being part of a perfect whole?

YOU are perfect!

How can you not see this?

How can you then see anyone else as perfect and love them so?

You speak the lie.
In the light of Eternal Perfection, mankind is utterly flawed.
Even before the fall of man, we were not perfect.
We are simply told that when He looked upon all that He had made, He declared it was "very good."

Very good, not perfect.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by stupid girl

Who told you this LIE?

YOU are perfect!

You speak the lie.
We are simply told that when He looked upon all that He had made, He declared it was "very good."

Very good, not perfect.

Stupid girl, why do you question your makers work? Could you have created something more perfect with your own hands?

Who are you stupid girl to make such judgements?

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by stupid girl

Who told you this LIE?

YOU are perfect!

You speak the lie.

Very good, not perfect.

Stupid girl, why do you question your makers work? Could you have created something more perfect with your own hands?

If we were perfect, why would we have needed Jesus for our salvation?

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaesDaemar
If we were perfect, why would we have needed Jesus for our salvation?

To show you how to act like what you are.

Did he say it was IMPOSSIBLE to be perfect, or did he tell you how to do it?

I'll answer for you.

16And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? 17And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. 18He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, 19Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 20The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet? 21Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me. 22But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.

Now is Jesus also a liar?

23Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven. 24And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God. 25When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved? 26But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

With God, all things are possible my friend.
edit on 25-8-2012 by Nooneimparticular because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

>
King James Version
1He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.

2I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.

3Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.

4He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

5Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;

6Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.

7A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.

8Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.

9Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;

10There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.

11For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.

12They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.

13Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.

14Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.

15He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.

16With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.

And this Psalm in this very thread has now been fulfilled before the eyes of all.

Blessed is the Lord and those who receive him.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Dearest Nevernothing -

Words cannot fully express how I feel. I have read all your postings, and I was glad that Tuco(Gerald) walked with you on that difficult path.

After reading this story about the King, it all finally clicked. I was raised in a Methodist home and particiipated, but in retrospect therein lies the truth (for me at least). I participated. I recited the words. I took communion. I thought I understood.

Last night I pondered your words. I took my bible and read Psalms 91. I pondered more. I lay down to sleep and said my prayers and a light went on in my mind.

I did become enlightened a year ago, but last night....hmmm, how to say this without sounding loony. I awakened.

I have told my girls sooooo many times that I love them. My love for them is like a faucet that I cannot turn on or off at will. It is always running. I may be disappointed in their actions, BUT,,,,I never stop loving them. I can't.

My parents I adore. When, as a child and young adult, I did wrong....I told them sincerely that I was sorry. I made amends when my actions deemed it necessary. Guess what? They never stopped loving me. They were disappointed, but they never stopped loving me. (BTW my dad is a Mason and I asked him jokingly over Xmas "are you guys gonna take over the world ?" and without missing a beat he said no. I once asked him as a child what the "G" stood for in the lodge,(I even tried guessing) but he never would tell me because. yes, it is a secret).

We are children. Not only of our parents but of our Lord God Almightly. (I know what my heart wishes to say, but my words are failing me). Thou shall not have any other gods before ME. To me this means pursuit of money, fame, better-than-the-Jones', selfishness, etc. God is first and must/will/should be treated as such. Honor thy father and thy mother. (An allegory here..) When you are told/asked to do dishes or clean your room, do so. When God requests you to follow his commandments and how to treat your fellow man, do so. (and no, not the laws about women being seen and not heard, c'mon, the ones about being kind, not speaking poorly of another etc).

There are people in the world who believe and follow the teachings. There are those who believe and go thru the motions without understanding the motives. There are those who have forgotten and perhaps have gotten caught up in the game of life (job, money, new car, what the Jones' are doing) and need to be shook awake by a trumpet sounding from North Carolina.

I heard a trumpet sound in New York. I am Amy.

Long story short I got it. Granted this is my version, but it is the music that my soul resonates to. When the time comes I know with whom I will stand.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Did he say it was IMPOSSIBLE to be perfect, or did he tell you how to do it?

I'll answer for you.

16And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? 17And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. 18He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, 19Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 20The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet? 21Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me. 22But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.

Scripture is not a reliable source for many.

Now is Jesus also a liar?

Who knows, but the men who put the bible together probably were. Reason for the above.
edit on 25-8-2012 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I am a lurker mostly, but just wanted to say that I enjoyed the chase...such as it was.

God Bless All.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by YoungSoul

Awesome with the pet analogy, sooo true! Also with the being hard but not abusive to ourselves.....

Very wise for a young soul I would say!

edit on 25-8-2012 by mellisamouse because: (no reason given)

Awe.... beautiful video too.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
You guys are sweet. I'm glad I joined.

edit on 25-8-2012 by YoungSoul because: Spellcheck WTF

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4LPH483T50UP
Dearest Nevernothing -

Words cannot fully express how I feel. I have read all your postings, and I was glad that Tuco(Gerald) walked with you on that difficult path.

I thank thee for this.

No path is difficult once seen. The trick is seeing a path. there is a sidewalk on every corner filled with signs telling you where to go, Infractions, jaywalking, picking up the dogs poop you end up going in circles. And that to me is difficult, a lot of judging going around when your going in circles.

A true path is seen when lost in the peaceful woods. It will not judge you nor you it and that is how it is seen. but be prepared to get waylaid along the way but fear not love will see you through.

That's i feel about a path anyway.

The Rat.
edit on 25-8-2012 by TucoTheRat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik
Scripture is not a reliable source for many.

I was not addressing those many.

I was addressing those few who do.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TucoTheRat

Well, something sounds familiar here.

Thank thee sir for all your fine work.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by YoungSoul
reply to post by TucoTheRat

Well, something sounds familiar here.

Thank thee sir for all your fine work.

Oh, by the way, if you'd really like to know, he went that way.

The Rat.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

Your story is entirely subjective to the perspective of the individual reader. Unless you clearly define the variables, you will ensnare a gamut of souls wandering about after their own brand of truth, when you cast your net. Unless that is your intent. If not, then it would behoove you to identify the king, the kingdom, and the enemies.

It looks like he is avoiding all of the pertinent questions that we have raised. At least that is how it appears.

I wonder why that is?

There is no initiation taking place here but merely curious minds exploring.

There is nothing stupid about you stupidgirl. Nothing at all!!!

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Egyptia

Your story is entirely subjective to the perspective of the individual reader. Unless you clearly define the variables, you will ensnare a gamut of souls wandering about after their own brand of truth, when you cast your net. Unless that is your intent. If not, then it would behoove you to identify the king, the kingdom, and the enemies.

It looks like he is avoiding all of the pertinent questions that we have raised. At least that is how it appears.

I wonder why that is?

Is it not possible that an exploring mind is very diffident from thinking brain. If it is possible, what would be the differences?

How would a thinking brain become an exploring mind without initiation?

I truly do not know any answers to the questions I ask you but I do ask them. Do you?

Clearly defined variables are just that. And so is a box. would you ask any one to put you in a box? And how would you react to the outside of a box if you were placed in one? Would you ask for clearly defined variables?

Again i do knot know the answers to the questions i ask you but i do ask them. Do you?

The Rat.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Haters gotta hate.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by TucoTheRat

Originally posted by Egyptia

I wonder why that is?

Is it not possible that an exploring mind is very diffident from thinking brain. If it is possible, what would be the differences?

How would a thinking brain become an exploring mind without initiation?

I truly do not know any answers to the questions I ask you but I do ask them. Do you?

Clearly defined variables are just that. And so is a box. would you ask any one to put you in a box? And how would you react to the outside of a box if you were placed in one? Would you ask for clearly defined variables?

Again i do knot know the answers to the questions i ask you but i do ask them. Do you?

The Rat.

I suppose I would prefer to be in a box if it was a refuge from a war raging outside of it.
I prefer order to chaos.

Without clearly defined variables, one is left to his own standard of judgment and/or opinion. Thus ensues an infinite loop of dissent--- anarchy.

From what written Word I have to go by, I would feel comfortable in my understanding that Almighty God is quite particular about 'order'. He is also consistent in clearly articulating persuasive details.

And once again, I think 'conditioning' would be a much more applicable word to use in lieu of 'initiation' or 'programming'.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

I am replying to your question, or accusation rather, as, no doubt, you are still among us to read it.

I would never presume to reproach Almighty God.
Being made in His image, it is man's nature to be inquisitive. However, when you say 'question', you are not referring to mere curiosity.

I am flawed and a sinner, no doubt. In my attempt to be the reflection of His image that He created me to be, I die every hour of every day. Every day is a perpetual effort to 'circumcise that pound of flesh'. Some days, I succeed and I am humbled. Some days, I fail miserably and am humbled.

Regardless, in my effort-- which is only validated by & through abundant Grace, lest my own human effort be in vain --to reflect the image of Almighty God in which I was made, the stones of humbleness must pave the way.

Judgment is reserved for only One, and that would not be me.
Thus, my statements were meant to correct-- not condemn.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join