It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

republicans want to force 32,000 women / year to have the baby of their rapist!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by DOLCOTT

If I'm too sick to take care of myself and someone else has to wipe my butt, give me an over dose of morphine and let me die in peace. It'll be scary but there is no way in hell that I'll rot away in a hospital and be a burden to people I love and society for the sake of life preservation.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Romney has clearly stated that he supports a womans right to an abortion in the case of rape, incest or harm to the mother.

If you believe your own post title you're delusional. If you are trying to get others to believe it you're dangerous because you are trying to stir up controversy where there is none.
edit on 24-8-2012 by beanandginger because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

Agreed, I feel the same. However will it be our choice?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCaucasianAmerican
Yea it doesn't make any sence to punish a child for the doing of the parent.

Would it be more justifiable to murder the rapist?

Because that's all this boils down in to.

so if your 11 yr.old daughter was raped, and got pregnant, you would insist she have the baby... or how about your wife...no problem there, right?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by DOLCOTT

It's my choice. 100% It's already taken care of. And if the doctors won't do it I even have a contingency plan.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by ImaFungi

But it's ok to say who can smoke or drink a big soda or any of the other ridiculous laws the left come up with for control??

Murder is a whole different thing....when you are carrying a child, it's not just your body anymore...someone has to look out for that child..

Ever watch a video of an abortion...of the child trying to fight for life and get away from the suction hose?

ever see a woman bleed out between her legs because of a botched illegal abortion?
ABORTION WILL NOT END, WOMEN WILL DIE....

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
My sister in law was raped when she was 18. Her daughter, my niece, is now 4 years old and the most wonderful person on the planet. She is loved by all members of our large extended family, and she will never lack anything.
My sister in law considered the option of abortion but is so glad now that she decided not to end the baby's life. That little girl is my sister in laws whole world now.
Rape is a tragic situation that can leave emotional scars for life, but that is no reason to conclude that abortion is the only logical solution to the problem. Why follow up one horrible act of violence with another?

As it stands now, abortion is legal and that is not going to change anytime soon. So there is no need to fear that evil Republicans are out to enslave your wombs.

edit on 8/24/2012 by Sparky63 because: added comment & spelling

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I'll tell you right now, if you have an abortion you WILL reap the Karma directly for it. Been there, done that, learned the lesson, thank you Creator (whatever you want to be called) for the lesson.

If you don't think your actions have REAL consequence (to your soul), you are wrong.

Sensationalism will get you far in this shallow society, someone makes a headline about Republicans forcing women to have a baby, vs. a headline about babies needlessly dying. Obviously this was meant to polarize through sensationalism. But the TRUTH is that what is right and what is wrong is perfectly clear. PERFECTLY.

The truth is, no matter how it happened, the baby is a soul who is incarnating in a womb, completely innocent to the incident. Your choice, have the baby and deal with how it came about, possibly let go of the pain and enjoy the fact that this baby is innocent of wrong-doing, or abort the baby and deal with the Karma. I believe it should be the choice of the mother. But I also believe that as human beings, we should be aware of who and what we REALLY are.

So there you go. Do what you want to do, but expect to reap what you sow, directly.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordD
As soon as a sperm reaches an egg it is an human. with that being said killing is wrong no matter the situation. People use situations to justify the killing, but killing is still wrong. Their should never be a time when it is right to kill a child if the mothers at risk then their can be a debate. If not it shouldn't even be a discussion.

right to kill a child???....well, unless they piss off a policeman, or go to war, or breathe in toxic fumes from coal plants, or drink poisoned water from wells due to fraking, or die from being beat to death for being gay,

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by fourthmeal
I'll tell you right now, if you have an abortion you WILL reap the Karma directly for it. Been there, done that, learned the lesson, thank you Creator (whatever you want to be called) for the lesson.

If you don't think your actions have REAL consequence (to your soul), you are wrong.

Sensationalism will get you far in this shallow society, someone makes a headline about Republicans forcing women to have a baby, vs. a headline about babies needlessly dying. Obviously this was meant to polarize through sensationalism. But the TRUTH is that what is right and what is wrong is perfectly clear. PERFECTLY.

The truth is, no matter how it happened, the baby is a soul who is incarnating in a womb, completely innocent to the incident. Your choice, have the baby and deal with how it came about, possibly let go of the pain and enjoy the fact that this baby is innocent of wrong-doing, or abort the baby and deal with the Karma. I believe it should be the choice of the mother. But I also believe that as human beings, we should be aware of who and what we REALLY are.

So there you go. Do what you want to do, but expect to reap what you sow, directly.

alot of people die who are innocent of wrongdoing, especially women rape victims, who die from botched illegal abortions.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

alot of people die who are innocent of wrongdoing, especially women rape victims, who die from botched illegal abortions.

They were innocent of wrongdoing until they attempted to murder their own baby. That's were their innocence ended. They did not have to do that. There were other choices that would not have resulted in the death of either the mother or the child.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

I wonder, of these 32,000 women, how many do decide to keep their babies like your sister-in-law? There are probably many that do now a days. Women are not as quick to go out and get abortions today. In the 80's it was nothing to hear of high school girls getting multiple abortions in high school.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23
according to draft language of the platform obtained exclusively by CNN late Monday.

Hmmmm....since when did CNN (A liberal party network) obtained exclusivity
Even if they did/hacked into the 'draft' language of the platform, its just that..a draft and possibly meant for distraction or as a bait or subject to review and/or corrections

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Reps claim to hate big government and regulation, yet they call for it when it suits their agenda. Hypocrites.

Anyone forcing women to have rape babies have absolutely no morals.

Anyone giving a child the death sentence for the crimes of his father is heartless.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Ive always been conflicted on this matter.

Im an adopted child. I could very easily have been aborted, but my mother chose to give me up, and i was brought up in an amazing, supportive family. Isnt this an option? As others have said, this is in no way the babies fault, and shouldnt he or she have a right to a life? On the other hand, i do believe womens bodies are their own, and am not limited by religious convictions.

So at the end of the day, im not sure which side i take on this, its always been a bit of a grey area for me. Perhaps if someone here who very strongly believes these childs should be aborted could explain to me why they cannot be given up for adoption, id greatly appreciate the input. While i understand its a burden for 9 months, these children would give a lifetime of pleasure and happiness to a couple who cannot otherwise have their own children.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by beanandginger
Romney has clearly stated that he supports a womans right to an abortion in the case of rape, incest or harm to the mother.

If you believe your own post title you're delusional. If you are trying to get others to believe it you're dangerous because you are trying to stir up controversy where there is none.

Amen. Quoted again to let in sink in. Democrats are trying everything and anything to shift the focus away from Obama and his utterly dismal record.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I respect you but I think you missed the point of my post entirely.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Where did the numbers come from in the 1996 study? I wouldn't be surprised if that was fabricated by the abortion lobby.
How about using 2004 numbers?

In 2004-2005, 64,080 women were raped.8 According to medical reports, the incidence of pregnancy for one-time unprotected sexual intercourse is 5%. By applying the pregnancy rate to 64,080 women, RAINN estimates that there were 3,204 pregnancies as a result of rape during that period.

www.rainn.org...

Did the 1996 report somehow use a 50% rate of rape fo get the 32,000 number? Or did someone add a zero inadvertently?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by fourthmeal

Fourthmeal, I understand your post 100% (or at least 99.999% anyway).

Karma usually does not come into any discussion because people cannot see karma directly and therefore do not believe it is a factor. This is a problem with the scientific community and scientific materialism. Scientists further believe they know more than spiritualists because they feel they can prove their theories. It's all in what you can prove, and that goes for the courtroom too.

side not: a truly enlightened society would give a woman knowledge of the karmic consequences along with other options and that is why our society is failing. The father also has complicity in this and men who dodge responsibility by saying it's the woman's choice will not be able to dodge their karma in the end of it. We are just treating the symptoms of our unenlighted ways. Abortion represents the failure of society at large to understand the mysteries of the incarnation of the soul and the lessons it must learn.

Also there is a karmic consequence nationally which we must bear for not defending life in the womb. Seculars ridicule such a notion. But Barack did say our salvation is collective, somehow he missed this part.

edit on 24-8-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-8-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordD
As soon as a sperm reaches an egg it is an human. with that being said killing is wrong no matter the situation. People use situations to justify the killing, but killing is still wrong. Their should never be a time when it is right to kill a child if the mothers at risk then their can be a debate. If not it shouldn't even be a discussion.

right to kill a child???....well, unless they piss off a policeman, or go to war, or breathe in toxic fumes from coal plants, or drink poisoned water from wells due to fraking, or die from being beat to death for being gay,

All of those things of course do not represent a direct removal of a fetus by surgical means. How many pregnant women work in coal mines? How many drink water directly from a poisoned well which has not been treated? These things need to be addressed, but it is not an excuse for abortion.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join