It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

republicans want to force 32,000 women / year to have the baby of their rapist!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by elitegamer23

with all the abortion threads out there i just wanted to put my two sense in. im all for personnel freedom to do what u want and i wont condemn anybody for there choices(unless it affects me negatively or my family), but i also think that if the baby had a choice it would choose to live(unless it was born emo,lol) and i think any fetus that is growing healthly is choosing two live by simply dividing cells. every time a cell divides its trying to live.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gridrebel
So......Show me how you have taken responsibility,,,, I want to share it with the world......can YOU please share it with ATS???????

Responsibility for what? I don't have children, and I've never had an abortion given the slight complication that I lack the required reproductive organs, given the fact that I'm a man. For the life of me I don't know what the hell you're on about.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by timetothink

Ever watch a video of an abortion...of the child trying to fight for life and get away from the suction hose?

It a basic biological response, germs will run away from white blood cells.

It's also a biological response, called a reflex arc to be specific, for your body to move its hand away from a hot stove or maintain balance and coordination - an automatic response to stimuli that you have no control over.

So what?

Does that mean someone can justifiably hold your hand to a hot stove because your attempt to move it is a "basic biological response"

What a weak, illogical position.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

"legitimate rape" was a very strange and bumbling way to say forcible rape. Akin was paraphrasing the folk belief that a traumatic experience like forcible rape will result, naturally in a miscarriage - therefore making the tough issue (and it is a tough issue) of a rape exception to abortion a non issue.

"legitimate rape" does not imply that any rape is a good or lawful rape. It was a stupid way of trying to say actually non-consensual (as opposed to - for instance- a statutory rape, that while legally never consensual can, in fact, be consensual).

while I do not share the view, it is not difficult by any means to understand opposition to a rape exception on abortion. If you accept that the fetus is a human life and that abortion is the willful termination of that human life, then you left with the question "should rape excuse a murder?"

If your belief system has brought you this far, than to answer that question "no" is not extreme, and it need not be without compassion toward the victim of rape. You can counsel, compensate, feel for, and pray for the victim of a crime without granting them extra-legal powers. Few would argue that a victim of rape should be legally allowed to seek vigilante justice on the perpetrator without any legal consequence. Why then should the innocent child receive less protection than the hideous monster who raped the woman?

As I said before, I believe in a rape exception. But OP's failure to understand or investigate these concepts and to , instead, favor the media's "THIS IS ALL SO VERY CONFUSING AND ALIEN TO US...PERHAPS HE'S PRO-RAPE" approach is very disconcerting and definitely does not represent the practice of denying ignorance.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

You are dumb.

Rape is a horrible experience for the person that is raped so you think somehow forcing them to carry the baby to term altering their body (a constant reminder of the rape for the rest of their lives), making them pay their medical bills (possibly ruining their lives financially), and having a child that they may not be able to give up, or a child out there (that the knowledge of will wear on them constantly that is also a constant reminder and if it's given up will go to a foster home/state home where they often experience abuse) is a good thing?

Anyone that thinks that it is a fool. I think they should be aborted for the pure fact that the rapist doesn't deserve to have their genes continue on.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
If you are going to force a woman to give birth to a rapist's child then it's only fair that the rapist should have his genitalia removed so he can't do it again.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
If abortion were to only be legal in rape cases, lots of false rape accusations will happen. not good for men.

Therefore it should just be legal.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Perhaps they're planning for the future: They figured out the bastard off-spring of rape would no-doubt vote for the GOP (?) -Just a theory.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23

Originally posted by Praetorius

ZOMG!!!!1

i really want to have a discussion with someone who acts like this!

are you even old enough have an account on this site?

LOL - Says the chick with an avatar of Link.

Yeah, it makes perfect sense to murder the child that results from a rape.

Many women DO carry their rape babies to term and raise the child. After all, it's not the child's fault and ENLIGHTENED women know this. It is only the selfish ones that think abortion is the only answer to the result of any unwanted pregnancy.

Rape is a terrible, brutish crime. To compound it with a procedure that literally rips the child limb from limb only compounds the barbarity. Ever seen an actual abortion performed? I can provide you with a link that will haunt your nightmares until the day you die if you like. When you see the still living, partially dismembered fetus laying on the surgical steel - waving the one arm it has left in the air - maybe you will understand that that blob of cells is really a child.

You said you weren't going to discuss things like fetus, viability, and such. This is most likely because you have no argument to counter the fact that courts are routinely convicting murderers of pregnant women on TWO counts of murder; one for the mother and one for the child. This would not be possible using the "blob of cells" argument. I wouldn't mind a bit if Roe V. Wade was overturned; but I'm not going to hold my breath for it either.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Humans that are the result of a rape are still humans nonetheless. I'm not sure how some of you are unable to see that? Killing a human unless it is in self defense or punnishment for a crime, is murder any way you look at. I don't care how old, size, location, or level of development. Punnish rapists so severely that rape all but disappears.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Do we really want rapists to propagate?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   

It's not about controlling the population. It's about the pain and uncared for, the unloved, unwanted child feels. You can call me whatever the hell you want, find clever new ways to beat the profanity filter.... to show just how goshdarned angry, upset, d isappointet you are, it means nothing to me. Because, the women who are having these abortions ARE NOT THINKING! GIVE ME SOME PROOF!. I fins it ironic that the women who are supposedly the most "Care takerish" ARE THE MOST EASILY TO KILL THEIR UNBORN., WHAT AN ATROCITY!.

lets just call it that, this, whatever.......get it off your chest, out .......Like I said, REALLY! Don't take a damn bit of responsibility.......DON'T YOU DARE.....DON'T DO IT....Don't DO IT!!! God FORBID YOU TAKE RESPONSIBILITY for your actions.. Poor Poor Pitiful Me........
edit on 24-8-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-8-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

You're doing some pretty hardcore projecting. You keep hammering the same nonsensical point and I frankly have no idea what you're trying to say at this point. Show me where I said anything to that effect.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Im from the UK, and like many people outside the US, i've seen this same argument been debated in your country for years and years.

In the UK, abortion is completly legal, though counciling is needed before an abortion can be made, you can't just walk in and have an abortion, you need to give reasons as to why you would want the abortion, tests to make sure that you are mentaly sound and are not being forced into making the decision by somebody else. There is also a limit as to when you can have the abortion, where the rules become stricter the longer it is left (i believe it is 3 months, after that it is illegal)

Making abortion illegal is taking away the freedom and control of your own body and is an insult to woman rights. If the mother truly believes in pro-life, then she doesn't have to have the abortion, but she should respect others that are pro-choice.

Alot of the time the child also gets left out of the debate, would any of your want to be raised by a mother who resents you because she was not ready for a child? A mother who is addicted to drugs and drink, can not afford to keep a roof over her head, and resents every day that you where born because she blaims you?

Also, say that a woman was not allowed to have an abortion, she is a drug addict and alcoholic, pregnancy is an incredible emotional journey for anyone. She is an addict and has a terrible standard of life, then the baby is born and it puts the whole world into perspective, she makes up her mind to quit everything and do all what she can to become the fittest mother she could be.
Straight after the birth, social services (I don't know what you call them in the US) come around and decide that she is not fit to be a mother, the child is taken away from birth. That woman has been on the most emotionaly intense 9 months of her life, finaly found the one person who is worth changing for, and it gets taken away from her. How would she feel at that point? Suicidal would not be a supprise.

Let women have rights to their own body, don't force them to go and have a back ally abortion and destroy their bodies. We have a cut-off period for a reason, backed by scientist reports (and believe me, they where serious reports, this is a very touchy subject and they are not going to just take 1 scientists opinion on the matter) and agreed the cut of date of 3months for a reason, the fetus at that point is too developed, and thus unethical to destroy.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

Yes it does make sence. If it means saving the mother's life. I mentioned it before. A friend of mine got pregnant after being raped. She hated the feotus to a point she got very depressed started mutilating herself and almost brought her to suicide. When she got an abortion she got 100% better. Abortion shouldn't even be in politics. It's the woman's choice and nobody elses. Not you, not me. The problem with the world today is people sticking their big nose where it doesn't belong. Everywhere from seat belts laws to gay marriges to the US policing the world.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

The simple question is what is life worth, if a abortion is legal for some instances and not others than life is still worth what. Ask yourself the deeper question, is life worth saving regardless of the circumstance or is it dependent upon what the situation is. The consequence of a pregnancy caused by rape or incest is the same result of the drunk girl in the back seat of a car, both created life is one less worthy of living than the other???

One step further, when will we get to the point that some elderly or sick just cost too much, too much of a burden if human life at the beginning is dependent on the situation, how easy will it be to conclude it at the end??

I have my opinion, this should be deceided as a nation, not by a court.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join