It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

republicans want to force 32,000 women / year to have the baby of their rapist!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
But it's ok to say who can smoke or drink a big soda or any of the other ridiculous laws the left come up with for control??

Those are PERSONAL choices my friend. A rape victim doesn't have any choices. It's imposed on them. Can you not see the difference?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

Ever watch a video of an abortion...of the child trying to fight for life and get away from the suction hose?

It a basic biological response, germs will run away from white blood cells.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius
reply to post by elitegamer23

i really want to have a discussion with someone who acts like this!

are you even old enough have an account on this site?

To correct the previous poster, no, I wasn't actually mocking you. I was however parodying your sensationalist title, and providing a no-less sensationalistic counter claim to highlight the fact that it's not a fair or easy thing to look at it in such simplistic fashion.

EDIT:
To answer your question for clarity since you didn't pick up on the intent of my post (other than the ZOMG bit, it looked quite similar to your thread title?), yes I do believe I am in fact old enough as required to meet the high bar of the usual content that fills ATS - and no, that is not my normal means of address here.

My apologies for any confusion I've caused you.
edit on 8/23/2012 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

sorry but i take this issue very seriously. starting of with zomg!!!!1!!! just tells me that you really arent ready to add to the discussion. you seem like a decent guy so im sorry if i offended you with any of my responses,

the reason i made this title is because that is exactly what the republicans are set out to do. ban abortion even in cases or rape.

i have a daughter and 3 nieces, so womens rights issues are very important to me. no way in hell should old white men in washington dc decide what is best for the women in my life or any women in the usa. abortion is legal and its a womans choice to carry the baby or abort the baby of a rapist .
edit on 23-8-2012 by elitegamer23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23
the reason i made this title is because that is exactly what the republicans are set out to do. ban abortion even in cases or rape.

It's a non-issue as I have said. R vs W is not going to be repealed so why are we even discussing it?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
Still in this day and age no one here has heard of the morning after pill which you could actually use up to about 48 to 72 hours after???

Isn't that a much better option then waiting to see if she gets pregnant..which takes a little time to figure out by the way?

Wow...what a lack of knowledge about female anatomy and pregnancy.

With the invention of the morning after pill there is no use for abortions except for a life or death situation in the mother's case.

You get raped, you go to the hospital they do a rape kit, you pop a pill...DONE!!

It prevents implantation of the egg so no murder!!

But that's to easy...ya know why??

How will Planned Parenthood stay in business?
edit on 23-8-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

They want to get rid of the morning after pill also. They see it as another form of abortion.
edit on 23-8-2012 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Society seems to like to paint the child of rape as some kind of monster that should be destroyed in order to prevent further trauma to the mother. That is not always the case; many women see the children as extensions of themselves and love them as they would any other child. Unfortunately, those mothers have to explain themselves to a society that thinks they are supposed to hate the child.

"Most people think, 'these women must hate the child,' " attorney and activist Shauna Prewitt told me Wednesday.

Prewitt knows firsthand how off-base these assumptions can be. She was raped eight years ago, and her daughter, now in second grade, was conceived in that rape.

"When someone like me ... says, 'I actually love this child. I actually see her as an extension of me,' people view me suspiciously. They don't see me as a legitimate rape victim."

One consequence of this mindset in Prewitt's opinion: Most states lack laws explicitly denying the rapist-father's potential custody rights. Prewitt attributes this to denial -- both by the likes of Akin and by those who can't conceive of a rape victim wanting to raise her child.

Prewitt, who does not want to outlaw abortion, wrote in the Georgetown Law Journal that pro-choice politicians "[depict] the unborn child as being solely an extension of the rapist father."

Congresswoman Nita Lowey, for instance, called children conceived by rape the "rapist's child." Prewitt writes that this "[describes] the unborn children in terms that suggest the children are exclusively extensions of the rapist fathers ..." Such phrasing is common. From demonizing the baby, it's a short step to dehumanizing the baby. Prewitt quotes another congresswoman describing the child merely as the "product of such violent, vicious and terrible act."

But those "products" have names and faces. And lives.

After Akin's comments, the Republican ticket proclaimed: "A Romney-Ryan administration would not oppose abortion in instances of rape."

Kristi doesn't accept this stance. "It's important to realize that the child is punished for the sins of the father" when a child is aborted, because she was conceived by rape. "The child is innocent by all means."

The rape-and-incest exception has an emotional appeal, and it's hard to argue against it. "It usually takes seeing a person," Jenni told me. "Just looking at a person" conceived by this horrific act, "and thinking, 'what makes this person any different from any other?' "

Carney: When a horrific rape leads to an innocent life

A child conceived in rape is not a monster, it is an innocent child and deserved the same right to life as any other child. Children should not be killed off in order to atone for the sins of their fathers.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Rape and Abortion are two different things. Isn't there a better topic to thread about?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

It's a non-issue as I have said. R vs W is not going to be repealed so why are we even discussing it?

you know this as fact even if some sort of right to life or human life ammendment is passed?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

do the republicans really want to force 32,000 women who are raped each year to carry the baby of their rapist?
i think their offical platform for this election is no abortion in any case even rape.

The irony is that they also want to end "entitlement" programs aimed at the poor which includes single moms raising children that were results of rape. They can't have it both ways.

You want to end abortion? Increase support to single mothers and eliminate the red tape and monetizing of the adoption industry. Abortion will naturally decrease.

"You must KEEP that rape baby and NO, we will not help you!"... sickens me.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

you know this as fact even if some sort of right to life or human life ammendment is passed?

Yes:

To amend the United States Constitution, at least three fourths (38 of 50) of the states must ratify the amendment, either by state legislation or by popular convention.

wiki.answers.com...

That's NEVER going to happen. It would be political suicide. The GOP would cease to exist. I don't see them as that stupid.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
There is another problem I dont see many people talk about that women who decide to keep rape babies face. Some rapists fight for custody or rights to their child. So the woman is forced to stay in contact with and see her rapist for 18 years. This would only get worse if all women were not allowed to abort rape babies.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

Yes because it's so wrong to derive Somatic Rights from the 4th, 9th, and 14th Amendments. Oh lord, the conservatives are trying to take away my right to self determination and my personal autonomy against the state. I am sovereign, hear me roar!

My body is mine, no one owns it, regulates it, or dictates what enhancements I'm allowed to enjoy. That includes governments, corporations, patent dictation for genetic engineering, and all other forms of control.

Deal with it.

BURN THE HERETIC!

edit on 23-8-2012 by TheOneElectric because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Oh, and Conservatives better ban male masturbation if they are concerned about those unborn lives.

Don't even come at me with a "fertilization" argument, because if anyone does they, by fact, come in supporting scientific evidence that the life isn't formed until quite some time after fertilization.
edit on 23-8-2012 by TheOneElectric because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
As soon as a sperm reaches an egg it is an human. with that being said killing is wrong no matter the situation. People use situations to justify the killing, but killing is still wrong. Their should never be a time when it is right to kill a child if the mothers at risk then their can be a debate. If not it shouldn't even be a discussion.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordD
As soon as a sperm reaches an egg it is an human. with that being said killing is wrong no matter the situation. People use situations to justify the killing, but killing is still wrong. Their should never be a time when it is right to kill a child if the mothers at risk then their can be a debate. If not it shouldn't even be a discussion.

are you saying the moment after the sperm reaches the egg that it can live outside the womans body like any other human?

i think it has been decided that once the child can live on its own, it is a human.
old white men in washington dc, and no religion at all should be able to tell a woman what she does with her body.

especially when it involves getting rid of a zygote that is the product of rape. hey if you have a daugher and she is raped, you can love her baby as much as you want. id respect you for that.

i would also support her decision to have the baby!

Yes:

To amend the United States Constitution, at least three fourths (38 of 50) of the states must ratify the amendment, either by state legislation or by popular convention.

wiki.answers.com...

That's NEVER going to happen. It would be political suicide. The GOP would cease to exist. I don't see them as that stupid.

never underestimate the stupidity of the american political system.
edit on 23-8-2012 by elitegamer23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

look at it another way
these are the same folks criticizing rape culture among islamics

ZOMG!!! THEY ARE TRYING TO TAKE OVER THE COUNTRY
BY POPPING OUT MORE AND MORE BABIES!!!!!

understand why they want to force rape victims into being breeding units, now?

and the majority of those babies will be given up for adoption,
making them vulnerable to all manner of exploitation and abuse

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by timetothink

Ever watch a video of an abortion...of the child trying to fight for life and get away from the suction hose?

It a basic biological response, germs will run away from white blood cells.

not to mention intelligent and normal people are disgusted
and reject the use of shock tactics against kids in an attempt to twist their minds.

like when the paragons of righteous hypocrisy go to schools and show little kids chopped up fetus's in jars

true story, me at 11:

"that is so wrong!"

slime: yes, isnt it, abortion...

NO!! that poor baby deserves a a proper xtian funeral!
why are you hauling it around like some sort of freakshow!!!

slime ummm...!!! [waves to teachers]

and i'm sent to detention for "acting up"

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
There's that lack of knowledge again and fear mongering...

the abortion pill and the morning after pill aren't the same thing and and mainstream conservatives do NOT want to get rid of them.

And you can't compare regulating what you eat, smoke, drink etc with stopping the murder of babies.

If we decide as a society that murder is wrong, than it is wrong...no matter the age of the victim or it's vulnerability.

The more vulnerable a being is the more important it is to protect it.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
when a sperm and egg unite its a third person. Its not her that shes killing its another person, maybe if suicide was the topic that can be debatable but as for the killing of another person absolutely not. humans are only human because of other humans think about it. Humans reproduce sexually so a human by itself is in its own way not living(off topic). the instant humans start justifying reasons to kill each other that's when WE fail.
edit on 23-8-2012 by LordD because: quote

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

sorry but i take this issue very seriously. starting of with zomg!!!!1!!! just tells me that you really arent ready to add to the discussion. you seem like a decent guy so im sorry if i offended you with any of my responses,

You owe me no apology, friend, and I'm ready to add to the discussion - I'm also just very weary of appeals to emotional response (OH so many of them on ATS...) that is too often used to shut down rational analysis, intentional or not.

Hence my last response and comparison with some of the claims the right makes about the left. Each side can always come up with an emotional jab to use against the other on pretty much any issue, and the debate (and mainly bickering) will never cease. I wish we could instead look past those to the motive intended, since the former never does us any good as the other side can always rebut, just as I originally did.

Each side is right in their own way, even if one or the other eventually ends up proven to be wrong in their reasons for it. Those opposed to abortion see it as murder of a living being and their moves an attempt to protect those innocents at all cost. Those in support are focused on the rights and privacy of the mother instead, seeing the fetus as essentially expendable and parasitic in nature.

The republican goal is not to force rape victims to carry a burden and cruel reminder of their ordeal, but to not unnecessarily punish the innocent and defenseless for something they have no control over.

i have a daughter and 3 nieces, so womens rights issues are very important to me. no way in hell should old white men in washington dc decide what is best for the women in my life or any women in the usa. abortion is legal and its a womans choice to carry the baby or abort the baby of a rapist .

I won't downplay your feelings on this, and acknowledge how entirely sensitive the issue is - as with most things, I can see both sides readily. And I'll admit, I disagree with this (and pretty much all) political moves on this matter. While I would love to see the day when there are no more abortions, I can't think of a topic more sensitive that this one, and I believe the more complicated a matter is, the closer to home it should be decided.

Beyond that, I'll stay out of debating this matter tonight. I feel there are better options, and not enough good accomplished by such an act, but I also don't have all the facts of the matter so for now am not fit to interject but in the most extreme of cases.

Take care.

new topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join