It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

republicans want to force 32,000 women / year to have the baby of their rapist!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

Tampa, Florida (CNN) - The Republican Party is once again set to enshrine into its official platform support for "a human life amendment" to the Constitution that would outlaw abortion without making explicit exemptions for rape or incest, according to draft language of the platform obtained exclusively by CNN late Monday.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

One widely accepted study suggests a 5 percent pregnancy rate following rape, resulting in 32,000 pregnancies each year.

The report was from the Medical University of South Carolina and was published in the American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology and cited by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

abcnews.go.com...

A 1996 study in the American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology reported that “among adult women an estimated 32,101 pregnancies result from rape each year.” This study said the rate of becoming pregnant after sexual assault is considerable, estimating that “the national rape-pregnancy rate is 5.0 percent per rape among victims of reproductive age (aged 12 to 45).”

do the republicans really want to force 32,000 women who are raped each year to carry the baby of their rapist?
i think their offical platform for this election is no abortion in any case even rape.

im sorry but i dont see why any man/ woman/ religion/ or political party has the right to force a woman to carry a baby from some man who raped her. it should be business or choice on the matter, besides the woman who was raped .

can anyone really tell me what the republicans mean by ' legitimate rape'? there are plenty of gop supporters on here so can you guys tell me what you all mean by legitimate rape?

edit on 23-8-2012 by elitegamer23 because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Rape is a bad thing, so to fix it we kill the baby. Does that make any sense to anyone out there except for those who could care less about human life. The more we understand about life the more we understand when it begins. I think Roe V Wade needs another look see.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Legitimate rape would be anytime a person does not consent.

There are also many other situations that are legally considered rape, that aren't actually rape.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Yea it doesn't make any sence to punish a child for the doing of the parent.

Would it be more justifiable to murder the rapist?

Because that's all this boils down in to.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by headorheart
Legitimate rape would be anytime a person does not consent.

There are also many other situations that are legally considered rape, that aren't actually rape.

Very well said. many times it could simply be that the woman uses the situation to punish the poor guy. Another thing would be that a woman who has not been raped says she has been raped so she can have an abortion. I think he was talking about the second part.

edit on 23-8-2012 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
Rape is a bad thing, so to fix it we kill the baby. Does that make any sense to anyone out there except for those who could care less about human life. The more we understand about life the more we understand when it begins. I think Roe V Wade needs another look see.

excuse me but who the hell are you to tell 32,000 women that the are going to have the baby of their rapist?

its their life, their choice and im not going to argue with you about a zygote or a fetus being a baby.

Very well said. many times it could simply be that the woman uses the situation to punish the poor guy. Another thing would be that a woman who has not been raped says she has been raped so she can have an abortion. I think he was talking about the second part.

edit on 23-8-2012 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

i think youre confused , abortion is legal in the usa. you dont have to say you were raped to get an abortion.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Not speaking for Republicans here, as I am not one, but I would be highly curious what districts Representatives and Senators came from within any state who has said anything as stupid as what we are hearing.

I've written before, on here, that Republicans shouldn't try to make moral decisions political ones. If they are Republicans and Christians as well, they should just say, if you have an abortion, you will have to deal with repercussions of God/judgement/your family/friends/etc. It would be called, "taking the high road". Instead, Republicans try to force their moral beliefs on people.

Let me start over, Republicans, and Democrats for that matter, as government officials, if addressing any moral stance as representatives of the Federal government should always error on the side of protecting life/trying to save life, regardless of how inconvenient that life is/was. That being said, in the realm of moral issues, they cannot make any such "real world scenario" moral decisions illegal. Doctors could choose not perform an abortion, if they didn't want to, as that would be their right as individuals. But, just as government cannot tell the doctor to perform a procedure he/she doesn't believe in morally, neither shoudl the government be able to tell a woman that she cannot have a procedure done to her body, should she want or not want one done.

But to address your headline, don't you think that's a broad brush to stroke? Do you think that if someone is a Republican, that they have to all have homogenized views on every issue? Do Democrats? Just curious.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by elitegamer23

ZOMG!!!!1 democrats want to keep killing 32,000 innocent babies a year just because their mothers were raped!

See, I can do that too, every bit as incompletely as you did. Although I consider the policy very potentially misguided, there are other aspects to consider to this very complicated issue.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

I think Roe V Wade needs another look see.

R vs W was decided upon the viability of an unborn if it could survive outside of the mothers womb. See trimesters. It also takes into account the mothers health. Does that include mental health? I think so. Carrying an assailants child? That would be damn hard for the most stolid woman. The SCOTUS has decided it and it ISN'T going to be repealed even with a heavy GOP SCOTUS so why is this even a issue?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius

ZOMG!!!!1

i really want to have a discussion with someone who acts like this!

are you even old enough have an account on this site?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

he was mocking you..

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by headorheart

he was mocking you..

zomg really??!??1?@?!2?@?

would you really want the opinion of someone who acts like all the 13 year olds on xbox live?

Originally posted by franklin555

I've written before, on here, that Republicans shouldn't try to make moral decisions political ones. If they are Republicans and Christians as well, they should just say, if you have an abortion, you will have to deal with repercussions of God/judgement/your family/friends/etc. It would be called, "taking the high road". Instead, Republicans try to force their moral beliefs on people.

But to address your headline, don't you think that's a broad brush to stroke? Do you think that if someone is a Republican, that they have to all have homogenized views on every issue? Do Democrats? Just curious.

if this is the official stance the republicans take on abortion at their convention, i think its fair to say its a republican platform.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Still in this day and age no one here has heard of the morning after pill which you could actually use up to about 48 to 72 hours after???

Isn't that a much better option then waiting to see if she gets pregnant..which takes a little time to figure out by the way?

Wow...what a lack of knowledge about female anatomy and pregnancy.

With the invention of the morning after pill there is no use for abortions except for a life or death situation in the mother's case.

You get raped, you go to the hospital they do a rape kit, you pop a pill...DONE!!

It prevents implantation of the egg so no murder!!

But that's to easy...ya know why??

How will Planned Parenthood stay in business?
edit on 23-8-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
which bundle of grown fetuses should tell women what they can and cant do with their bodies?

this question doesnt have an answer,, because the bunch of idiots that would answer wouldnt even want their to be a choice in answering the question....

they tell you what you can and cant do,,, you deal with it

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
come to think of it,,, i dont see why other people shouldnt have more control over a women's life and body then she does... it reminds me of freedom.... seems legit..
edit on 23-8-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

i really want to have a discussion with someone who acts like this!

are you even old enough have an account on this site?

To correct the previous poster, no, I wasn't actually mocking you. I was however parodying your sensationalist title, and providing a no-less sensationalistic counter claim to highlight the fact that it's not a fair or easy thing to look at it in such simplistic fashion.

EDIT:
To answer your question for clarity since you didn't pick up on the intent of my post (other than the ZOMG bit, it looked quite similar to your thread title?), yes I do believe I am in fact old enough as required to meet the high bar of the usual content that fills ATS - and no, that is not my normal mode of address here.

My apologies for any confusion I've caused.
edit on 8/23/2012 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

Then why isn't ok to murder anyone we want?

Just get rid of any problem in our way because it's a bother to us.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

edit on 23-8-2012 by natalia because: Changed my mind on what I said

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

But it's ok to say who can smoke or drink a big soda or any of the other ridiculous laws the left come up with for control??

Murder is a whole different thing....when you are carrying a child, it's not just your body anymore...someone has to look out for that child..

Ever watch a video of an abortion...of the child trying to fight for life and get away from the suction hose?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Reps claim to hate big government and regulation, yet they call for it when it suits their agenda. Hypocrites.

Anyone forcing women to have rape babies have absolutely no morals.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join