It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Avoid Blizzard Games at all Costs

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
What I can't understand is why Blizzard didn't just give you back your characters. My friend's ex girlfriend's new boyfriend wanted to be a prick and logged into his account and deleted all of his characters. 70 was the level cap at the time so it's be quite a while and Blizzard was able to just give him back his characters as easy as pie after he called them and complained. I've heard similar stories from others as well. It seems that it was pretty simple for Blizzard to pull back a deleted character so I can't see why they aren't able to still do that.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Anundeniabletruth

The reason why they will not give his characters back is because they detected no external compromise of his account. People get hacked all the time in Diablo3 mainly due to key logger viruses. Blizz can detect when an account is hacked this way simply by checking where the account was logged in from. Obviously a North American gamer would not be logging in from Europe or China, or even from a different state.

There is also a problem with item duping in Diablo3 and that is another good reason why they will not restore accounts without detecting a external compromise. I could, for example, find a 100,000,000 gold item and sell it on the auction house (or even the real money auction house) and then transfer that gold to another account and then delete my characters and try to convince Blizz I was hacked to get them to restore my account. If they did I would have my 100,000,000 gold item back to sell again. This was rampant during the first month or two and is a very good reason why they are cautious.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join