It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Avoid Blizzard Games at all Costs

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
i dont play mmo games like that, but i have a friend that plays wow everyday.

i think its silly.... but he thinks im silly because i play gran turismo almost everyday..

maybe i am silly but i would stop playing if my online profile was hacked no matter what game it was

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by yospuig

I really do think this is an inside job. I have done some research online about blizzard hacks being an inside job. I hope more Blizzard players find this thread so we can have a real discuggssion with out the Blizzards mods getting involved to cover it up.
edit on 23-8-2012 by ambient moon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ambient moon
reply to post by yospuig

I really do think this is an inside job. I have done some research online about blizzard hacks being an inside job. I hope more Blizzard players find this thread so we can have a real discuggssion with out the Blizzards mods getting involved.

Maybe they want to lose ALL of their customers by pissing them off in the day of internet and social media that spreads so quick. I know if I was a big company that takes years and years to release one game I would try and scare people off to reduce my profit margins... It sucks making games.

Character continuity is the only thing that makes those games addictive. Why break the addiction?

I still play warcraft 3. Course I like games that take thinking, not grinding.. And NO subscription, haha.

If they ever make Warcraft 4 or Starcraft 3 Id be all over that.
I also miss Westwood, before EA bought them.

As far as mmo games with subscriptions? Count me the ef out. They always put the better and better items behind more and more paid walls. I've never played any of these unless you count Phantasy star online, but that was free.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I find that nice for ATS to put me in the off topic forum. This is more of a conspiracy than half
of the topics on here. I posting this because this is realy what is happening, google it yourselves not some fake ufo a video. If this is the way ATS is then im leaving it too.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ambient moon

I think your problem was either typing in your password or using the blizz authenticator.
A couple of years back my kids account got compromised just after they got the authenticator.
The account had never been compromised before.
Mostly because the pass had NEVER been typed in before, not even originally.
I had the kids use ctrl+c ctrl+v method to use the password.
The password was kept on a flash drive on a text file where they would insert the drive open the file and immediately pull the drive out.
Pass was an 8 character alphanumeric fairly hard to crack, not a word just a jumble of numbers and letters.
Dump the authenticator...
Anyway, to retrieve the account call blizz and let them know that if the characters are not restored, then you want them to erase your intellectual property from their servers.
Of course I hope you have your original disks.
Anyway, this is what I had them do and they totally fixed the account and even got the kids a boatload of spare gold to boot.
It is neat what the threat of losing cash will do to a company.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

reply to post by BlueDawn

I go to the gym everday thank you

I can see that, if I were single, I'd love to date your avatar!

Just google it, you'll be pleased.
And to keep on topic, I must advise you.
Never give away your password!

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Actually it does make sense and it does make cash as well.
Being an economy that is "fair" they cannot sell gold as that would totally screw the system.
So, another company under the blizz umbrella hacks the accounts and drains the gold, then blizz ends up having to replace it to keep customers happy and they just do not pursue the "offenders".
They then sell the gold to regular users, who generally tend to get hacked as well.
Conspiracy theory? who knows but it makes sense to me.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

I dont do any gold or trading, never given out my account information, never
clicked on any email links and no one else uses my computer. I have updated security on my computer I use different passwords on all my accounts.and Blizzard cant find any record of a compromise. You do the math.
edit on 23-8-2012 by ambient moon because: (no reason given)

Blizzard recently sent out a warning for every account holder to change their passwords and other user identification information as they said their system was compromised and user account information stolen. I'm rather surprised to hear how they treated your instance. I know others who have had their accounts hacked and they were restored. It took a while, but their characters and inventory were restored to what they were prior to hacking.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

Being an economy that is "fair" they cannot sell gold as that would totally screw the system.
So, another company under the blizz umbrella hacks the accounts and drains the gold, then blizz ends up having to replace it to keep customers happy and they just do not pursue the "offenders".
They then sell the gold to regular users, who generally tend to get hacked as well.

That's quite silly. Really. They don't have their own accounts hacked. They're just like the Fed. They can just print it. If they wanted to sell gold, they could just credit an account with all they could imagine and sell it. They don't need to steal it from others.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bilk22

That's quite silly. Really. They don't have their own accounts hacked. They're just like the Fed. They can just print it. If they wanted to sell gold, they could just credit an account with all they could imagine and sell it. They don't need to steal it from others.

Ehhhhh maybe not, this game was originally advertised as an honest game with its own economy.
Sure I could make and sell hot dogs but, I could not call them Kosher unless they were done properly.
They could print their own gold but then they would have no deniability when saying the economy in the game was fair.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
i heard many similar story
they know their game is extremely addictive
especially WoW or Diablo .. massive role playing game
that connect million of people
all people wants in their lifes is to gain mastered level
with big flashy power on the screen
these games drain your energy so much
that you become addicted to waste all your free time on fighting AI monsters

the conspiracy now .. i think blizzard are doing that on purpose
they probably bet in teams to see who wins the most suicides
after deleting your personage

where are those hackers coming fromt
by deleting everything .. they really hope a suicide
for many nwo reasons

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

what a bummer

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bilk22

Ehhhhh maybe not, this game was originally advertised as an honest game with its own economy.
Sure I could make and sell hot dogs but, I could not call them Kosher unless they were done properly.
They could print their own gold but then they would have no deniability when saying the economy in the game was fair.

That was just my point. The OP is way off. They don't compromise their own game. They don't sell gold and they don't hack customer accounts to do so.

The only issue I have is the gold buying. I think they can police that much better yet choose not to do so. They're making changes in the coming expac which they believe will start to draw down on some of the gold hording. I'm not sure it's enough and may in fact encourage more gold buying if some want to get the new gear and mounts that are on offer.
edit on 24-8-2012 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I am trying to delete this tread and I cant. Blizzard was able to resolve my problem and everything is fixed. I apologize for what I had said. I was wonder if I can change this title and thread to where I can apologize and explained what happened. Mods can you please remove this tread, or at least let me apologize.
edit on 24-8-2012 by ambient moon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Your issue may have been resolved but for thousands of Iranian players the issue just got real.
Disgusting in my opinion, Blizzard under US sanctions just banned all Iranian players. Chest beating governments led to the little people getting stomped on again. Check the link, and this was confirmed by a blizzard employee (probably sacked now)
ireport.cnn.com...

So yea avoid Blizzard by all cost.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by sierra25ni
Your issue may have been resolved but for thousands of Iranian players the issue just got real.
Disgusting in my opinion, Blizzard under US sanctions just banned all Iranian players. Chest beating governments led to the little people getting stomped on again. Check the link, and this was confirmed by a blizzard employee (probably sacked now)
ireport.cnn.com...

So yea avoid Blizzard by all cost.

Glad sanctions are working and stopping the guys truly in power running things over in those countries.

/sarcasm

Sad your average citizen gets punished for their countries leaders. Hope a legal lawsuit comes out of this towards Blizzard. Basically using new laws to deny an already paid for service from being delivered with no refund has to be illegal in some aspect.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Just a heads up for all who may be playing Blizzard games -

Blizz will NEVER send you an email reguarding you're account unless you have first contacted them. They know and have acknowledged that phishing emails are by far the number 1 cause of account compromises. If you recieve an official looking email from Blizz asking for info its 100% a phishing scam.

edit on 28-8-2012 by FreeSpeaker because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-8-2012 by FreeSpeaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Their current DRM released with Diablo 4 means they will never see a dime of my money again.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by OwenGP185

Maybe, so gamers have to restart from the beginning, spending more time playing and spending more money.. I guess it's possible :\

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Played WoW 7 years never got hacked. retired 6 toons.

But I wouldnt be surprised if the did this. either

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join