It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Avoid Blizzard Games at all Costs

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I know this is nothing new about a Blizzard hack, but I honestly I think it's an inside job from Blizzards employees. If you don't know what Blizzard is they are online mmo games such as World of Warcraft, Starcraft and Diablo. I nearly had my character maxed out, and then one morning I woke up, and to
find that all of my 10 characters were gone. After a few days later I get contacted by Blizzard and they said they have no evidence of my computer being compromised, and it was probably somebody on my end who accessed my account. I thought that was fishy because nobody has access to my computer but me. I have my own personal computer and no one else uses it. So basically blizzard told me that there's nothing they can do. Thousands of people get hacked from Blizzard, and even through their authenticators. Im on my cell phone, sorry I cannot provide any links. My computer is getting a system wipe.

edit on 23-8-2012 by ambient moon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I get a slight impression you have an addiction to one of the MMO? I dont think its much of a conspiracy to be honest, why would they be wiping valued customers accounts?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I just think people should avoid Blizzard games fullstop. You had 10 characters, near max level, thats about 3-6 months average playing per character.

Get out more, play football, hit the bar, go for a drive.

Besides, the chinese have pretty much monopolised these games anyway with gold farms and the likes.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
being a retired tech...i have replaced so many hard drives, and reloaded so many OS's...i haven't for years put any thing on my computer that i couldn't afford to lose.
an old adage from techs....if a human creates it, it can be hacked or broken. trust nothing...i don't bank, shop, or give out any info that can hurt me, if companies try and get me to do business on their website, i tell them to F off. i have a 39.99 GO phone with month to month, when i'm out of the house....if i feel the need to communicate, i'll do it the old fashion way, use a land line, or drive there.
edit on 23-8-2012 by jimmyx because: addition

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueDawn

I go to the gym everday thank you

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Jimmy, omg, There is someone else out there that thinks like me! HAHA I thought I was the only one! WHOOH00

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ambient moon
reply to post by BlueDawn

I go to the gym everday thank you

I go to the gym everyday, go to work.. And still put many hours into Starcraft.. Just saying.. I have stayed up until 5 in the morning before and turned around and went to work at 7.. Always saying just one more turn..

That's how it gets you addicted.. That damn "one more turn mentality" HAHA

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I think people fail to understand how people hack Blizzard accounts.

They can conceal their tracks quite well.

Blizzard isn't actively hacking their own systems. That makes no sense.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ambient moon

I think the point is that you are emotionally tied to this game and somehow someone hacked your profile and deleted your characters. This isn't Blizzard's fault. It sucks and I'm sorry it happened to you but, to be honest, better your online character than your bank account.

Try to relax. Easy come easy go. Just dont let something like this ruin your day.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Speak with you dollar.

Support INDIE game companies

AVOID the mega corps.
edit on 23-8-2012 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I dont do any gold or trading, never given out my account information, never
clicked on any email links and no one else uses my computer. I have updated security on my computer I use different passwords on all my accounts.and Blizzard cant find any record of a compromise. You do the math.
edit on 23-8-2012 by ambient moon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
There's really no excuse for a publisher/developer as big and with as deep pockets as Blizzard to skimp on security, but seriously, no MMO publisher has anything on Nexon. They will # with their customers accounts for fun. They are a prime example of a company that seems to have the mentality "You will eat our # and call it ice cream.". During their multiple hack-sprees and data leaks, I was lucky enough to never have my account hacked in the 3 years ive had it, but thousands were not so lucky. It's really like russian roulette with these guys.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
A few of you have said blizzard or unknowns have no reason to hack the accounts. I believe you are wrong for two separate scenarios.

1) deleting players characters they know have spent hours building and may be addicted to could keep the player once again spending the time needed to reinstate their characters back to before they lost them. this would equate to about a years worth of subscription.

OR

2) there is massive amounts of money to be made in hacking accounts and selling the items and gold online via many different mmo gold sites. An employee of blizzard who happened by chance onto passwords of characters accounts might find the temptation too appealing.

I favour the second scenario more likely.

So i think yes it is possible that blizzard or a sub section of it's employees could be doing this.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Funny as I bought diablo 3 when it came out. Played it about 3 days off and on and got bored. Few weeks later I start getting emails about chat spam. So I send them an email and get told to buy an authenticate thing to prevent it from happening again. Im not dumb when it comes to securing my computer as it was less than 390s weeks old. I have no doubt they could intentionally compromise accounts to get people to buy something they really don't need for a few extra bucks.

Happened a few years back when I played WoW. Personally im done with Blizzard games. Not worth the extra effort seeing as you are forced to always be online so always have a chance to be compromised even if you want to play single player. That "feature" alone is just weird.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

do you have ANY friends or family who could know or guess your password. There was a case recently where they tracked the items being moved from one guys account to his best mates account, who then pretended to feel really sorry for him.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

They can do a restore.
I had some malware that stole my login for wow.
They wiped out my gold.
But blizzard was able to look at the logs and restore the gold and items.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Scaledown
[more
Nope. No friends or relatives of mine could of gotten my account

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Blizzard is a majority, and just like Microsoft's products, the majority of hacks and viruses as of the last few years target them.

Also, there is no solid proof that any battle.net account with a Physical Authenticator attached was hacked. They supply the same VASCO Digipass that most banks and companies use.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

They wont do a restore, they said they have no record of a compromise

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

hi there, i'm an active player too, have 4pjs and after reading your post, started looking for conspiracy theories around blizzard, and is amazing what people are talking about out there, may be u are right and they are trying to hijack their own servers, found this name Vivendi in all the threads around blizzard.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join