It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama, from Billion dollar man to Broke?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Now back in May, Obama broke the all time world record, literally, for money ever raised by a single man in political races. 1 Billion Dollars over his time since first running for the U.S. Senate in 2004. As the first article indicates, he fully expected this to translate into another 300 million or more by election day. Rather than rolling in money, he would seem to be rolling in desperate need and excuses for why.

It would seem Obama spends his own money as recklessly as he spends the Nation's money, as I gaze upon yet another year of annual deficits well north of 1 Trillion US Dollars. Let's have a look at then and now.

May, 2012

(Happy, fully of positive outlook for the election and feeling like...well..a Billion bucks.)

August, 2012

(He doesn't look quite so happy now. If money talks, it's telling him his services don't seem to be needed or desired, going forward)

In order to the photos, here are the stories to show such a strong contrast in the 'then' and 'now'.

then...

Obama has become the first politician to top that lofty mark of donations collected during his career.

His lifetime total hit $1,017,892,305 in April, nine years after he began his 2004 race for Senate, according to the Center for Responsive Politics.
Barack Obama: The Billion-Dollar Man

and now....

In a new mass-email to campaign supporters, President Barack Obama voiced concern over the surge in fundraising that Republican Mitt Romney has put together.

"We're getting outspent by wide margins in critical battleground states," he explains, "and what we do about that today could be the difference between winning and losing on November 6th."

The email, titled "The end?," further trembles, "It's August 23rd. And 75 days from now, I'll either be looking at another four years in the White House -- or the end of this opportunity."
Obama in New Email: I'm Scared that this is "The End"

There is nothing like hearing it in a Candidate's own words, in his own pleas for help. The note of desperation isn't just plain, it seems to be intended as the core theme. Hmmm...

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Hopefully it will be his end and we see and not the end of the U.S.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
We can only hope this is the end of obamas presidency.

Im really "hoping" for "change" right now!! so we can move "forward" and back to the founding ideas of liberty
edit on 23-8-2012 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
It doesn't matter.

Either Obama wins or Romney does.
Things will continue on their current course, maybe a few minor variations.

Republicans and Democrats have been running the show for as long as anyone can remember, They have obviously failed miserably. Continuing to vote for them and expecting it to be different this time is just absurd.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I actually think this election is going to prove that Citizens United isn't going to bring a GOP victory like they thought it would. I think it's going to PROVE that money cannot buy the American people.

Yes, Obama's campaign is doing everything they can to raise money. Asking supporters for money and reminding them that this COULD BE the end is their way bringing the possibility home to the voters...

The campaign spent a lot of money in the beginning to define Romney (after all Romney seems to have some issues defining himself), so yes, he's a little low on cash compared to Romney, but something tells me he's going to be all right.

edit on 8/24/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

President Obama has been more fiscally conservative of every administration for the last 50+ years.

Most of the spending that occurred was because of Bush fiscal policies he created before he left.

Obama has raised 60 million more than Romney. Romney has spent a little less, so therefor has 60 million more now.

I fail to see a problem here.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

You are going to confuse them.. Thats not a Fox News or extreme right wing blog talking point, and that seems to be where most here get "facts"

new topics

top topics

join