It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Norway To Open Century Old Package

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I think its going to contain a bunch of documents predicting the world becoming a monopoly telling us to fight back

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
If it had bearers bonds or any thing takable how will the public know their leaders do not take it. It was sealed 100 years ago so nothing newer should be in it. They probably can't be trusted.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

This is a pretty sweet post! I would love to have something like this. Keep us updated when they open it!

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
They have opened it.

It was lots of documents and from the King.

# knows what it actually is tho, i don't speak the lingo.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I've been trying to research when those marbled composition notebooks came around, but can't nail it down. Can anyone else help figure out when they were first available?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
I'm from the Aliens and UFOs forum so I'm used to disappointment but Wow , a load of papers and we don't even know what they're about

What did you expect a guy from 1912 to package?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by stukadogg
and the british have jumped in on the act with the bagpipes

Bagpipes didn't originate in Britain (or Scotland to be more exact)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666
What did you expect a guy from 1912 to package?

Instructional moving pictures depicting the Foxtrot?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by solargeddon

Indeed. There is a lot to be curious about, but unfortunately we're yet again at the mercy of not being able to know if all the documents that were in there will actually be made available, the real date it was closed, etc.

I like how when people hear "received in 1927" it is heard as "packaged in 1927"... but then we still have the mystery of the plain writing on the cover.

More whys. Gah... frustrating that many are so willing to just toss it aside and say "boring old documents".

Would have a huge chuckle if this were one of the first real pieces of evidence for time travel and all the people posting the Back to the Future 3 references were more right than they knew.

Hrmph.
edit on 24-8-2012 by ErgoTheConclusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Is it proof to an event, maybe one that was misonstrued to a lot of people? Or to clear somebody's name?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
How much longer before you know anything do you think

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Seems to be documents, newspaper clippings and accounting books about a memorial pretty much.
There seems to be a banner in there from the king as well.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I'm just waiting for Nicholas Cage...

Come on Nick...

edit on 24-8-2012 by theitalian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ErgoTheConclusion

I totally agree, at present I think there is a little mystery to this package, as you say it was handed over in 1927, but the writing on the front indicates the packaged sealed was sealed in 1912.

Why would you make a song and dance of writing on the front of the package, in such a way as to leave the recipient thinking it was 100 years old ?

I at this present time say anything is possible until proven otherwise, that includes, however unlikely, that perhaps this could be the smoking gun of evidence for time travel.

Note : I am not saying this is the case, just presenting, an alternative viewpoint

I know I mentioned the lack of yellowing to the string earlier, and somebody gave an explanation, but just to clarify, what would happen to the ink over 100 year period, because I would have thought it may be more faded than it appears.

Before someone say's it was well look after, it was nearly thrown away at some point, more than once

edit on 24-8-2012 by solargeddon because: More postulating on the pristine condition of the outer packaging

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

wait! didnt they say that the envelope was from 1912? but the newspaper contained inside was from 1919? and from the above picture - those are composition books - i always keep a few around for taking notes, journals etc. am i correct?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by badkittie748

wait! didnt they say that the envelope was from 1912? but the newspaper contained inside was from 1919? and from the above picture - those are composition books - i always keep a few around for taking notes, journals etc. am i correct?

Yes they did, although only 1914 was mentioned when they came back out on stage, I tried to see the dateon the clippings, but to no avail.

At this point I am swinging between it was opened prior to today, possibly on more than one occaision, or that time travel might be more than mere fantasy.

I suspect the former is more likely, however, truth is stranger than fiction sometimes

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

I'm guessing that someone already brought this update:

Forbes

Update: The curators returned to the stage without the secret for time travel. Instead, the package contents seem to be primarily concerned with the construction of a monument to celebrate the victory in 1612. The notebooks and newspapers contain ledgers and accounts of donations given to fund the memorial.

“It’s interesting to see how small amount of money was given,” said one of the museum curators. “Some people are giving half a dollar and some are giving a dollar.”

One of the newspapers, from August 1, 1914, mentioned that the people of Sel were “afraid the money was going to be used for something else.” Another paper contained the lyrics to an old popular song that is now used as a march in Norway.

The curators pledged to take the papers back to the Gudbrandsdal museum, where they will be put on display in glass cases, for all to see.

Awww, it turns out that people from other times are just as vain as we. A statue, memorial, monument that never came to fruition, so they "shelved it" for a future date where people would care even less.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
It's LUTEFISK. That's my prediction. www.longstoryshortpier.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
A signed copy of "The Hounds of the Baskervilles" by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. Or possibly the 'Hobit'.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Thanks for the article

The front of it read the content was something for the future, so does this mean the monument wasn't built, and they thought it would be more likely to be built today ?

Going to get a cushion, because I will be sitting on the fence with this one for so long, my bottom will go numb otherwise

edit on 24-8-2012 by solargeddon because: space bar is sick

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join