It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion as seen through a perspective of civil rights.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American
You asked what his personal experience was. He answered that he has both attended and performed them. But now "you don't care about abortions"? Why the hell are you in this thread, then?

THAT - - was his personal experience?

Really?

Sounds more like his professional and belief experience.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by The Old American
You asked what his personal experience was. He answered that he has both attended and performed them. But now "you don't care about abortions"? Why the hell are you in this thread, then?

THAT - - was his personal experience?

Really?

Sounds more like his professional and belief experience.

I think that is pretty personal. Or are we placing qualifiers on personal experience now?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

45. How old are you? It has nothing to do with indoctrination--and that is just a dismissive excuse--it has to do with questioning the reason why people think the way they do.

I'm 65.

Excuse?

"Why people question their indoctrination".

Uh huh - - - nothing to do with Indoctrination.

No further comment.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by NavyDoc

45. How old are you? It has nothing to do with indoctrination--and that is just a dismissive excuse--it has to do with questioning the reason why people think the way they do.

I'm 65.

Excuse?

"Why people question their indoctrination".

Uh huh - - - nothing to do with Indoctrination.

No further comment.

That does not make any sense. I do not recall any abortion indoctrination in the Navy. It was a strawman arguement.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
why do people think when a woman is pregnant it's the woman right to do whatever they want ignoring the man?
abortion should be legal for rape, incest, and any other extreme cases
but with casual sex then the man should have say too, after all, the life in question has half the mans DNA
as soon as a sperm cell enters the egg a new form of life with both parents DNA is created
its still just a cell, but its a living cell that is not like any other cell in the woman's body
therefore killing it is not just a "woman and her body" business

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
In order to give the unborn rights you have to take away the mothers.

Which also conflicts with parental rights.

If you believe in parental rights, you can not give the unborn rights, because parental rights also gives the parents the right to choose to not be a parent.

The right to life supercedes the right to not be inconvenienced.
The desire not to be inconvenienced does not give the right to commit murder against an innocent.
Pretty weak argument.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

In your OP you mention a lot of "rights"

How about this one?

What gives you the "right" to decide other people's lives?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
If abortion is merely the removal of unwanted tissue... then why are people who murder pregnant women charged with double homicide?

(Second Line)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by quietlearner
why do people think when a woman is pregnant it's the woman right to do whatever they want ignoring the man?
abortion should be legal for rape, incest, and any other extreme cases
but with casual sex then the man should have say too, after all, the life in question has half the mans DNA
as soon as a sperm cell enters the egg a new form of life with both parents DNA is created
its still just a cell, but its a living cell that is not like any other cell in the woman's body
therefore killing it is not just a "woman and her body" business

But the living cell is in HER body, and she has the right to get that cell out of her body if she wants to. She should not be forced to keep that cell in her body against her will.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

But the living cell is in HER body, and she has the right to get that cell out of her body if she wants to. She should not be forced to keep that cell in her body against her will.

Do you know any women who have preformed an abortion on themselves?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Fantastic Beez....so glad you could put into words what I could not....I too look at it as a civil rights issue. I am not religious, never go to church....just have a strong sense of right and wrong.

We speak for animals because they don't have a voice...which is right.....but not many speak for the babies. Why are animals more important? Why is the mother more important?

Someone has to speak up for the baby...it is not just a pile of cells...people tell themselves that to make it easier.
It shouldn't be easy..it's a life.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Exactly...what gives a woman or anyone else the right to decide whether that baby lives are dies??

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Nicely done Beez

star n flag
edit on 23-8-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
reply to post by beezzer

In your OP you mention a lot of "rights"

How about this one?

What gives you the "right" to decide other people's lives?

That's the crux of the arguement. If an unborn baby is a person, then people are violating their rights as well.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by pierregustavetoutant
The right to life supercedes the right to not be inconvenienced.
The desire not to be inconvenienced does not give the right to commit murder against an innocent.
Pretty weak argument.

Being sentenced to 18 years of hard labor for the child and the parent for poor judgment seems excessive to me.

I hardly think the 18 year obligation, financial, emotional or otherwise counts as simply an "inconvenience" for the parent...

It’s not just best for the woman either - what kind of life do unwanted children lead? Usually, in poverty likely in trouble with the law and in most instances repeating the cycle with a new generation of their own. Imagine growing up with a parent who resents you as a burden...

A parent who will say - you ruined my life...is a #ty one we can all agree…

However the fact remains - they didn’t want to be one. If the government makes them have a child they don’t want what kind of life do you see for them?

Ever met someone who grew up that way? I have - guilt ridden, maladjusted and in trouble with the law from a young age, chip on shoulder , angry, whatever you want to call it - you name it…all that and more are the neato things they develop. Unhappy!

Outstanding, I bet that's a sweet way to live. Talk about years of therapy in the making. Who will pay for all that maladjustment...

We will, that's who...all to protect the innocent who more likely than not will grow up resented by their parent(s) and a burden to the taxpayer. Unplanned and unwanted children invariably grow up feed at the public troth in some way.

It is more humane to end that life before it begins than to sentence them a crappy life of poverty and rejection from the one person who is supposed to love them unconditionally.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErtaiNaGia

Do you know any women who have preformed an abortion on themselves?

Plenty of women did when abortions were outlawed. Why should they have to?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

My question to those on the religious right is simply this, "If abortion is so wrong, then why do you also stand against birth control?".

One answer to this is that the Pill can actually be an abortifacient(that is it can cause a fertilized egg to not be implanted). I think many people are unaware of this, but it's already a scientific thing. A woman may have already miscarried and never known it while she was on the Pill. It is my understanding the same goes with IUD as well.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Plenty of women did when abortions were outlawed. Why should they have to?

You mean, they didn't get some doctor to do it for them.... they just did it themselves?

Seriously? Source please?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Exactly...what gives a woman or anyone else the right to decide whether that baby lives are dies??

Its easy to sit back and pass judgement from afar.

Isn't Beez one of the "stop all entitlement" folks here on ATS?

So, he wants these babies born(so he can feel warm and fuzzy), then he wants them to starve to death with all entitlements cut.

I think some soul searching is needed within, before passing judgement on others.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

It’s not just best for the woman either - what kind of life do unwanted children lead? Usually, in poverty likely in trouble with the law and in most instances repeating the cycle with a new generation of their own. Imagine growing up with a parent who resents you as a burden...

That is one way to look at it, but I guess it's better for it just to die before it has any chance? Perhaps the real solution is to teach people to have more respect for all life and not just a casual way to get rid of the inconvenience.It seems that sex ed hasn't stemmed the tide really.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join