It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion as seen through a perspective of civil rights.

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to post by Annee

Has your daughter thought of being sterilized?

DO NOT approach me with the Bible or God.

HA HA HA HA - - - - her doctor was registered at a Catholic hospital for the birth of her son. She requested her tubes be tied.

You care to guess what the answer was?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyviecaldges
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Has your daughter thought of being sterilized?

And don't forget to have your pets spayed or neutered!

Goodnight folks!!
You have been a great audience.

ALL my pets are neutered.

IMO - - it is the first responsibility of a pet owner - - - unless you have a pure bred Champion with a genetic history.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyviecaldges
reply to post by NavyDoc

So if legality equals morality, you wouldn't have a problem with slavery and Jim Crow then. After all, both issues were determined legal and supported by the Supreme Court.

That is a loaded question and irrelevant to the legality of the topic.

If you want to discuss the morality of abortion, then have at it.

I don't believe in legislating morality.

We have a horrible history in successfully doing that very thing.

It is very relevent. You have said several times that SCOTUS and Roe v. Wade were the determining factor. If that is your criteria, then the other examples were also proper as well by the same criteria. We do legislatre morality. We can agree that murder and theft are immoral and are properly legislated against, no?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by NavyDoc

This campaign to redefine a person to extend to the unborn, is quite the rabbit hole. In so doing many forms of birth control become tools of murder and woman loose autonomy and becomes a second class citizen.

Isn't that exactly what the right has been trying to do for the past year, keep women in the kitchen and pregnant. Next thing you know, they won't be allowed to attend college again when they are engaged or married.

No they haven't. That's a bit silly.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

A very wise woman I worked with took her daughter as soon as she hit puberty at around 14 to her Gynie and had her get a Birth Control Shot that is good for I think like a year.

Her daughter has only four periods a year...................I had one every single 21 days right on the nose (unless I was pregnant).

During the time I worked in my last position (upper middle class, white collar, college educated) we had two women I work with each with a 15 year old daughter pregnant.

I venture to guess most girls get pregnant after school and before mom and dad come home because now both parents must work and teenagers are not supervised properly.

Where do I stand?

Our entire society is going to hell in a hand basket literally.

Hollywood and the music industry is a big big influence and it is my belief that satan / lucifer himself currently rules over this planet like the dark lord in Harry Potter.

But, his time is limited and God will come down and hopefully stomp the $hit out of him.

We have the messed up world we have because so many of us are self-serving and self-centered.

I stand against abortion and against people having casual sex.

This is a long involved article. www.ccel.us...

But, if a baby becomes conceived than I am against abortion because I believe the fetus has the legal right as any other human being.

edit on 24-8-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

My tubes were removed at a Catholic Hospital................no questions asked and that was back in the early 80's.

Then take her to a non Catholic Hospital or have the doctor say she needs it for her health.

Again our Catholic Hospital allowed my doctor to remove mine.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

A very wise woman I worked with took her daughter as soon as she hit puberty at around 14 to her Gynie and had her get a Birth Control Shot that is good for I think like a year.

Isn't it nice they now have that.

Did you know Male birth control has been available for several years?

The problem is marketing. Men don't want to take it. Seems they fear it might harm them in some way.

EDIT: BTW - - my daughter got that shot. Had to have an abortion.

edit on 24-8-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

My tubes were removed at a Catholic Hospital................no questions asked and that was back in the early 80's.

Good for you.

My daughter's hospital refused to allow it.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by newsoul

Yes we have become a very decadent, self-centered civilization.

That is one of the earmarks of a society before it's collapse.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

reply to post by newsoul

Yes we have become a very decadent, self-centered civilization.

That is one of the earmarks of a society before it's collapse.

As opposed to what?

Living in a "role defined" society - - - with lack of option to be who as you define yourself?

When I first entered the job market - - a woman could be refused employment or even fired if she even hinted about starting a family.

I was threatened with firing because I had a run in my nylons.

Pretty sad - - how ignorant the next generation is - - of how much the previous generation suffered for them.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by kyviecaldges

Yes all my rescued animals have been spayed and neutered.

We kill approximately 8-10 million a year in America alone and not by the needle, too expensive.

Most are thrown into a gassing box.

My dog Lucy was six hours away from her "appointment with the gassing box in Georgia"

She was rescued at 3:40 AM.

www.youtube.com...=8s

For two days this "dumb animal" sat in a corner shaking and could eat or drink.

It's taken us almost two years to bring her around.

Animals, small children (like Caylee Anthony and JonBenet and unborn babies have no rights, no voice)

We are their voice.

edit on 24-8-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Then sue the drug company and also have your daughter make her friend use a condom and use spermicide.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Then take her to a non Catholic Hospital or have the doctor say she needs it for her health.

What? Do you live in Canada or Norway - - - where they have socialized medicine?

Maybe having enough money to feed your children - - - takes priority.

REAL WORLD

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

reply to post by NavyDoc

This campaign to redefine a person to extend to the unborn, is quite the rabbit hole. In so doing many forms of birth control become tools of murder and woman loose autonomy and becomes a second class citizen.

You bring up an interesting point. You do have to be born to become a citizen. Isn't that exactly what the right has been trying to do for the past year, keep women in the kitchen and pregnant. Next thing you know, they won't be allowed to attend college again when they are engaged or married.

What these zealots are really trying to do is wear us down. They go to these extremes, like proposing to deny abortion to rape and incest victims in their oppressive bills, claiming life begins at conception and anything else is murder. It's really in hope that we'll say, okay, if you let rape victim and incest victim have these rights, we'll give you X amount of weeks and forced vaginal ultra-sound tests.
OOOh, look over there while we de-fund Planned Parenthood.

These old windbag stuffed shirts are going to die out, very soon. Our daughters daughters will not put up with this BS!

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Then sue the drug company and also have your daughter make her friend use a condom and use spermicide.

Sue?

Is there any reality going on in this thread?

If we're gonna get a lawyer - - - pro bono of course - - - its going to be for proving paternity. Because - - guess what. If the father dies before papers are presented to him to sign - - - - proof falls on the living.

Anyone who thinks that's an easy fix - - has not attempted to do it.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

What? Do you live in Canada or Norway - - - where they have socialized medicine?

REAL WORLD

Gee. My kitty Sookie had it done for $80. Same day in & out! Piece o' cake!

Whaaaa?! It' cost more for human girls?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by kyviecaldges

So many posted, must have missed yours.

I'm trying to put this issue into a different context than the one argued in Roe v Wade. Rights denied by the state and mandated by the courts does not make it right.
It tried to illustrate similarities between blacks and the unborn, how people were treated before laws came into place to protect and insure rights.

It appears to me that you would argue FOR Jim Crow laws. Using your argument for abortion.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

REAL WORLD

Sue

I had 7 Chi's at one time. All rescues. All fixed.

Sue? Come on. Which TV show are you watching this week.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

REAL WORLD

I had 7 Chi's at one time. All rescues. All fixed.

Sue? Come on. Which TV show are you watching this week.

edit on 24-8-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join