It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion as seen through a perspective of civil rights.

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
reply to post by beezzer

No, special protections.

They aren't a baby or a person until they are born, according to the elgal definition.

I have nothing more to say on this matter.

BUt that does not make sense biologically. Are you suggesting that something magical happens in the few inches the child travels down the birth canal? Why is someone not human but suddenly is human a few moments later when the only thing that has really changed is location?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc
[

However, the inverse was also true. The Nazis also aborted and euthenized people because they were "parasites" "burdens on society" and "unwanted." The exact same reasons we have heard in this very thread.

The nazis thought those people were sociopolitical parasites, but again:

"THIS IS SCIENCE:
HUMAN FETUS IS NOT A BABY (GOOGLE THE HUMAN DEVELOPMENT CHART), but a parasite because of the biological relationship that’s based on the behavior of one organism (fetus) and how it relates to the woman's body:
As a zygote, it invaded the woman's uterus using its TROPHOBLAST cells, hijacked her immune system by using NEUROKININ B, HCG and INDOLEAMINE 2, 3-DIOXYGENASE --- so her body doesn't kill it, and it can continue stealing her nutrients to survive, and causing her harm or potential death."

galerouth.blogspot.com...

I can't believe some people have a problem with science.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by Golf66

Every child deserves a chance. If not, then it speaks poorly of our society in general. Insuring rights provides for the opportunity to achieve. Not a guarantee. But a chance. If my wife (at 43) found herself pregnant, we'd welcome the challenge.

Then I'd be happy for you sincerely.

Thankfully for me neither you nor the government get make choices for our family.

If we take away one persons reproductive choices by law we can just as easily force the opposite a choice on another. No right to abortion would likely as not end up with the government telling people when, where and how many offspring they can have. Would it ever be with whom...who knows. Mission creep…

I see as freedoms not denied, instead of an encroachment of government dictates.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

BUt that does not make sense biologically. Are you suggesting that something magical happens in the few inches the child travels down the birth canal? Why is someone not human but suddenly is human a few moments later when the only thing that has really changed is location?

DO YOU KNOW, THAT A PERSON DOESN'T EXIST IN SCIENCE?

personhood, is a philosophical and legal concept... so it's not magical, either.

"THIS IS THE LAW:
ABORTION IS A CIVIL AND CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT SUPPORTED BY THE RIGHTS TO PRIVACY, THE EQUAL PROTECTION CLAUSE OF THE 14TH AMENDMENT, AND THE 13TH AMENDMENT.

NO HUMAN ( that means the FETUS, too) has a right to life or any due process rights by the 14th amendment to use another human's body or body parts AGAINST their will, civil and constitutional rights: that's why you are not forced to donate your kidney---the human fetus is no exception; this is supported by the equal protection clause of the 14th amendment AND 13th amendment, which makes reproductive slavery unconstitutional.

en.wikipedia.org...

"Section 1. Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction. "

en.wikipedia.org...

this makes viability unconstitutional because pregnancy is not a crime.

consensual sex=/= a legal, binding contract to an unwanted fetus to live; and abortion is not murder, the unlawful killing with intent."

galerouth.blogspot.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by nixie_nox

Alright Genius,

Pick which one of these is the human:

What don't you get that "looks" are not everything in science.

My god...how ignorant.

Do you really believe biologist go purely on the looks of things??? I hope you never go to a doctor that only goes by the looks of things...you may have cancer and never know it.

There is a very easy way to tell which one of those are human...which one was taken from a human...and there you have it...you have identified the human. Not to mention, I'm sure a trained biologist could absolutely identify the human just by the looks. This is really a pathetic argument...childlike almost.

Please don't tell me that you can take a fish zygote, implant it into a human uterus, and it will turn into a human.

Please nixie, for your own good...just stop...it's painful to watch you display ignorance like this.
edit on 24-8-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

I was wondering how you were going to wriggle your way around that. And it was as funny as I predicted.

If it was so easy to tell the human, which one is the human? And they look the same because they are the same.

As for exchanging embryos:

In the present state of science, hybrid embryos are produced as research tools, and only kept alive for 14 days or fewer. The article below only deals with the ethical issues of this case, and not with the ethics of producing new creatures that are a combination of animal and human.

hybrid embryo is a mixture of both human and animal tissue. There are several types of hybrid embryo (listed below), but recent controversy has focused on cytoplasmic embryos.

BBC

So since human life begins at the first cells, and all the first cells are essentially the same, you better change your view on what point human life begins.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by blackpeppper

Go back, I changed the video and post.............reread and watch the video pretty please.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
HEY CHRISTIANS:

Stop using your mythical god as an "appeal to authority" fallacy because you lack of a logical argument against abortion:

and you can't even prove that your version of god is real:

So please cease and desist on that crap-logic.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent

Go back, I changed the video and post.............reread and watch the video pretty please.

No, I'm aware of your fallacies and re-reading your crap-logic is a waste of my time.

I posted two videos, that cut through your post with logic using the YOUR bible.

I can post more if you like.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

I wrote almost the same thing a year ago.

Keep an eye on world events and read Russ Dizdar's "The Black Awakening".

Revisit this discussion in one years time blackpepper.

Have you ever held a new born baby in your arms?

Ya know I was in nursing and had two miscarriages in bedpans, (not mine) have you ever seen a miscarriage?

Got news for you, 'fetuses" start looking like babies pretty quick and with each decade we're able to save "fetuses" earlier and earlier.

We call them fetuses not babies so we can feel okay about infanticide.
edit on 24-8-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I've put a fetus inside a big pickle jar (that's what they do in the hospital morgue) and their babies.

Ever see one, touch one?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

I've put a fetus inside a big pickle jar (that's what they do in the hospital morgue) and their babies.

Ever see one, touch one?

Sounds awesome, are they available for purchase?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

There was the big bang............BOOM............and let there be light and there was light. That was on a big gigantic cosmic / macro scale.

There was a little bang..............BOOM...........and as the sperm burrowed it's way into the egg a soul, another sacred life force came into being.

As above so below.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

In that regard... My ex had a late pregnancy miscarriage while I was at work. I had to go home, get her and the lost child, take them both to the ER where a very sympathetic doctor referred to the thing in my hands as "birth materials" and then threw it into a hazmat bag.

So, yes, I think I have seen something along those lines.

You might notice my bitterness over the term "birth materials". It probably seems contrary to my position here. And maybe it is. But, hey, a doctor didn't call it a baby or a child. And isn't the argument here really about that exact definition?

I'm not directing this at you - if it seems that way I do apologize. Your post just triggered the memory is all. You're on the list of my favorite posters so don't hate me now!

~Heff

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

No in both cases the family called a funeral home to come get the remains.

They both looked like babies.

And you would want to buy a dead baby?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

You need to take a course in biology.

It doesn't matter if things look the same...biologically they are not the same...this is a very simple concept.

You go ahead and keep on thinking that the fish zygote may some day magically turn into a human...I know your job doesn't involve science...so it won't really harm you.

So since human life begins at the first cells, and all the first cells are essentially the same, you better change your view on what point human life begins.

All first cells are not "essentially the same"...this is just 100% false information.

How dishonest can you be with yourself???
edit on 24-8-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

No in both cases the family called a funeral home to come get the remains.

They both looked like babies.

And you would want to buy a dead baby?

Because im a pro-choicer and i eat dead babies for breakfast.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

The pill, patch, shot, diaphram, sponge, several different IUDs, condoms, adoption, These are the choices that women have but ignore when they have an elective abortion. No one is holding a gun to these women's heads and making them get pregnant, there are CHOICES for not getting pregnant in the first place and CHOICES after pregnancy occurs besides abortion. I'm not telling anyone to be irresponsible and get pregnant, and don't come up with the fact that birth control is not 100%, Would you go into a burning building knowing you could get burned, with only shorts and flip flops on? No, you would use SEVERAL different forms of protection, why should birth control be any different?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Because im a pro-choicer and i eat dead babies for breakfast.

Because you have run out of arguments and justifications, so now you attempt to offend.

You are sooooo cool...I'm sure all the other pro-choice people think you are the coolest...eating babies...sooo funny.

At least you aren't trying illogical justifications anymore.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Did any of you that are for abortion ever look at your/your partners stomach and see the thing inside it move and say 'the clump of cells is moving again'? Did none of you even like your kid before it was born? How can any of you condone killing innocent human life when there are soooooo many birth control options?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Hey hey everyone!

lets leave Religion, Science, right, left out of this.

This is a discussion on Abortion!

i see few people grabbing at straws to link things and label them so they get more brown points. Linking Christians with pro0life does not give you points from Atheist. Linking Right with with Anti-abortion does not give you points from the left.

People have different opinion on every subject.

For the dude thats copy/pasting the same crap on every post, stop it! before i report spam. This is not a propaganda website, this is a civil discussion.

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join