It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France appears to have been collaborating

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quicksilver
Abstract so do your ancestors define who you are??

Why yes, yea they do. If you don't know where you come from you don't know where your going

The Bush family might have established Saddam there but George W is not his father.

what kind of sentence structure is that. Do we need to take you back to 4th grade

Also we did not know what he would do witht hat list we were just suprised at the rest of the world. Also then Iraq was the lesser evil like Russian in WWII.

you got to be kidding me. Here's more information for ya....
The regime that was in place was communist. Saddam was actually hired to assassinate one of it high ranking leaders. Well lets just say that it didn’t go according to plan and Saddam had to flee Iraq via swimming the Tigris river. He was in exile in Egypt for the longest until they staged the Coup. So you see we knew exactly what kind of person he was when we gave him that list

OH YEA BTW I am new here
would you like to
show
me around

Naw i would be just wasting my time. like talking to a wall

[Edited on 28-4-2003 by abstract_alao]

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Cargo, I believe it was initially reported by the Sunday times. But regardless CNN is no more or less reliable than NBC. Now Fox is another story...

[Edited on 28-4-2003 by Noone]

dom

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Yep, and the Sunday Times claimed that it was informers, there was no evidence that the French government were complicit. And even then, I think most of these tidbits are extremely untrustworthy.

It's totally in the newspapers interests to hype up little memo's that they find in Iraq to sell more papers. Why aren't the US/UK governments searching through this information? Why are they just allowing random journalists to filter through filing cabinets searching for interesting headline-grabbing documents? Perhaps these over-hyped claims are in the US/UK governments interests?

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 06:56 AM
link   

So why mind about it ?

You never proof that Saddam had link with ALQAEDA and even that he had WMD.
Hans BLIX asked you to continue the inspections, to be sure that american dont themselves build proofs that IRAQ had these famous WMD that GWB used to justify his crusade. And Hans BLIX is not french !

[Edited on 28-4-2003 by Nans DESMICHELS]

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 09:15 AM
link   
You’re right to conclude that I have no hard evidence to support Thomas’s opinion that France was collaborating with Saddam Hussein. I believe there is circumstantial evidence to support Thomas’s theory though. It’s no secret that France stood to lose some very lucrative oil deals with the former Iraqi regime. With so much documentation left lying around, there may be some hard evidence that will surface later – who knows? So, I concede your point of no proof being available at present. I also agree that supporting claims should be supported by hard facts from reputable sources of information.

But just as I respect your right to believe as you will, I reserve that same right for myself. I personally believe that France was actively trying to de-rail the coalition’s invasion of, and freeing Iraq from Saddam Hussein. I believe France’s motives for that were purely economic, but also think they would have enjoyed a grand power-play over America by blocking the invasion.

My comment about my negative experiences in Paris has no direct connection to the original theme of this thread, but, it reminded me of how rude and arrogant the Parisians were towards an American (me). It is your assumption that I meant that to be some type of link that verifies something, when it was only a passing comment. Perhaps in the future, I will be certain to include the disclaimer of “in my opinion” to avoid further confusion.

All the best,
Deep

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nans DESMICHELS

Hans BLIX asked you to continue the inspections, to be sure that american dont themselves build proofs that IRAQ had these famous WMD that GWB used to justify his crusade. And Hans BLIX is not french !

" And Hans BLIX is not french ! "...and what ? is it a proof that we can believe him ? Because he's not french ?

I guess yes...

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I heard Hans Blix is doing stand up on Def Jam next month!

Go Blix boy, its your birthday!!

dom

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Yes, that's right, you can't trust Blix, you can't trust Blix, you can't trust Blix. Repeat until you believe it. And then you'll realise that the US have *no choice* but to ignore the UN. Because the UN is evil. The UN is evil. The UN is evil.

Really, honestly people. Hans Blix lead the inspection regime. He did a good job. He was constantly under pressure from the US to make false and unprovable claims (such as those presented by powell) and refused to do it. Therefore the US have fallen out with Blix, because he won't sit in the UN and say "We've found lots of equipment that may have been used to create chemical weapons. This war was justified".

Fact is, the only way to get the international community to believe any WMD finds, is to get the UN involved. And the US simply can't accept that, because it'll look slightly foolish.

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Really and Honestly, we all love Blix!! On another thread last week, we were thinking of having him a apointed as an in-home inspector to make sure all Americans bought their share of French goods. I for one, am hoping for a mininum wine consumption resolution but I'm not holding my breath. Hell, man Hans Blix is my wallpaper!

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Abstract I am not talking about reconizing your elders but im talking about if you father was a killer does it make you a killer?? Also like I was saying Bush is not his father. His father could have givin Saddam a GD nuclear weapon and I would bet you would accuse GWB. But that is not what this debate is all about. THere is susposably documents found that every that we have told the French is being leaked to Iraq. Is this an ally???? But im sure that even if you did see the papers you dont would deny then just because you dont trust the government. Also nans there were also some documents provingg the Al-Queda link also. Also remember the President never said we were goin into war because they knew of a connection. I forgot what speech it was but Bush stated that they knew of no connection.

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 03:17 AM
link   
All Bush Jr. wants to do is finish the job his father started, I say let it be done.

Were almost finished, hopefully.

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I believe it was the London Times or maybe a news source called the British Weekly, or something like that. It was a couple different places, and both were British. I should have provided links. I believe it was also reported by Fox, but I'm not sure.

I can understand the desire to not believe the information; in the continuous drive to make the U.S. totally evil and all those opposed to the U.S. 100% angelic, any information contrary to that goal must be denied. France and Germany are totally selfless and are obviously correct that Hussein should not have been removed, they should be the final authority in respect to the security of the citizens of the U.S. and the Iraqis should demand to be put back into submission under Saddam.
The U.S. has done nothing to prove it has any idea or concept of morality, or how to fight evil in the world in the last fifty-five years. On top of that, after doing this dastardly deed of toppling the saintly regime of Hussein, we should ensure that only French, German and Russian companies are involved in any construction of anything regarding this venture.

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 05:25 AM
link   
You're full of ****

Obviously, France and Germany do a better job caring about the american people's security than the alcoholic trisomic you call US President, who lied about WMD and threat to US only to fill his own pockets. He is the danger to US security...

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Its nice to know we have France and Germany looking out for us. I'll sleep better tonight knowing that.

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 06:27 PM
link   
WEll said TC. Maxwell is a prime example of ignorence in the face of proof. He refuses to believe what is now clear. Also the wmd are still out there. If someone was to invade america im sure it would take them awhile to find all our WMD and we have alot. Besides all the major ones we publisize we have i bet it would take a country much longer to find 1 of our hidden missle silos which are much bigger and in greater number than maybe a scud nuke or a suitecase filled with sarin. They might even be in syria. We have only been in there for alil over a month tongiht once declares that all the hostilities are gone we will begin the real search.

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Ok .. they lied about WMD because they said they have 100% proof they exist ... "hard evidence". Now if that proof existed .. why simply not present it to the public now that the war is over ? Probably because it doesnt exist. That is what i call lying on a national security relevant issue, jeopardizing this very security by exhibiting a childish behaviour in the face of responsibility. Also, the White House admitted is was "overemphasizing" the threat emanating from Iraq .. they even admitted it.

Moreover, your analysis of the existence of Iraqi WMD is based on an amateur psychological assessment of a man you don't know, Saddam Hussein. The information you have about this man's character or intelligence are probably gleaned from major US broadcasting networks, which we already know to distort reality to fit the goals of it's oligopolistic collusion, the degradation of their product, information. You hypothesises are erroneous and irresponsible.

[Edited on 1-5-2003 by Maxwell Smart]

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 08:07 PM
link   
How long was it from when COlin Powell first said their was weapons in Iraq until we were actually in Iraq to look at least a couple months. YOu can do alot in a months time like bury them deep in the desert or export them to syria. Once again I dont think we are anticipating finding a large nuclear missle since we know from out intellegence they were a short time off from producing one. We are lookin for chemical and biological weapon caches and mobile weapons vechiles. What are you implying when you say i do not know his intellegence and i absorbed whaqt i know from television news. No i dont know his mindset but i do read alot online and watch alot on tv.

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 08:08 PM
link   
One of the more recent decisions of the UN was to place Cuban representatives in the UN. As part of the human rights commission, if memory serves I believe they are replacing Iraqis contingency which was under Saddam
Hussein.

As far as WMD in Iraq as I understand it, in tonight's speech, which is just beginning he will mention that issue.

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toltec
One of the more recent decisions of the UN was to place Cuban representatives in the UN. As part of the human rights commission, if memory serves I believe they are replacing Iraqis contingency which was under Saddam
Hussein.

ANother reason why the UN is a JOKE

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Castro just executed two people for hijacking a boat to try to get to the US and "imprisoned" six others.

He made a public statement that they (the six imprisoned were troublemakers (that is all he said.
The Pope sent him a communiqué asking him to change his mind. He stated it was not important and they make this man one of the pivotal leaders with respect to Human rights in the world?

This is warped and indicative of what the UN really thinks about protecting human life.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join