It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arguing.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Sulie

While people take sides on various issues throughout the country and focusing on them someone is running off with our money using super-huge too big to fail scams. Nobody is looking at the big picture anymore, they are doing what science does, take things apart and examine a bunch of little things. Everyone needs to sit back and look at the direction our country is going in and ignore the arguing. Neither the republicans nor democrats are being rational anymore. Their campaigning has gotten stupid in it's nature. We need to address the big overall issue, the Nation has made some big mistakes that need to be corrected. Lawsuits against the government shouldn't be allowed. Diplomatic immunity should be destroyed, money for campaigning should come from a body of the government overseeing dispersal evenly to candidates of all parties. Businesses or individuals will not get a deduction for contributing, they just pay their taxes and oversight is done by a committee overseen by the judicial system. This should keep things fair and eliminate all the name calling that is occurring in these campaign ads which fire people up to take sides. We vote for the most honest candidate this way, not the one with the most campaign funds. I think other countries are laughing at our ridiculous political ads and the irrational behavior of some candidates.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
IMO I don't think the OP was condemning all debate/argument in and of itself... What I took away from it was that for the most part our society fails to recognize when they've been intentionally baited into taking up arguments which, coupled with the other major stressors of life (family, work, bills, etc.), leave the average person little time to question TPTB, let alone do anything about it. If you hate or fear your neighbor then you're much less likely to join together and rise up against government injustice. Our sense of community, hell even our sense of strong family ties have been erroded away over the last few decades or more. People can blame who they wish, but if you honestly think TPTB haven't had a hand in this then I'm afraid you're extremely naive.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SilverStarGazer

I'm glad that some people read and evaluate everything in an article. It's sad to see so many people today that don't really read things and assume they know what is being said.

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Boy....This thread is way more relevant today than it was back ten years ago.

I was looking through past threads and forgot I made this thread.

Funny that the stuff discussed in this thread ballooned so much in ten years

top topics

<< 1   >>

join