It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Perfect Example Of Reality-Tunnel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Now, before I get into the main point of what I am trying to say, I would first like to make a couple other statements, to clarify the perspective behind it. I believe your average person is in their own very limited reality-tunnel, and barely able to even consider anything that is not mainstream opinion repeatedly expressed through television. Also, I myself am very open-minded towards alternate possibilities of the way things are or could be, though I tend to be OPEN to the possibility as opposed to asserting it as true.

However, as you browse ATS for a time, you begin to notice an obvious reality-tunnel, one that is of course drastically different from 'normal' ones, which is a good thing if anything. The basic tunnel is that people here support ANY conspiracy theory that is put out there. ANY time people talk about how something is a cover-up or false flag, it gets tons of stars and flags. ANY time people talk about some coming disaster scenario, it gets tons of stars and flags. Certainly the reality-tunnel here is 'paranoid' conspiracy-theorist, accepting and supporting any conspiracy theory, rejecting anything else.

I do not mean this as an insult per se. We all have reality-tunnels, some more open then others. If anything, I think someone who is willing to formulate a worldview that is significantly different from the mainstream is good in a way, since at least they're stepping outside of the box. However, it is good to subject conspiracy's to some logical scrutiny. Thinking about each situation in and of itself, whether each one makes sense or not. The tendency I tend to see is that if something is a conspiracy, it is automatically accepted and liked.
edit on 23-8-2012 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TheJourney

The best way I can put this to anyone is "it has always been a conspiracy, history is full of them, name just one time in history somthing happened and it wasn't a conspiracy"- my little brother Tony who refuses to even enter this site.

It seems pretty obvious looking at history, that the crazy ones are those that don't think it is a conspiracy! Having said that, I would also add, that most of us are trruth seekers not conspiracy nutz.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I guess the reason for that is the same as why people are religious. Their lives lack meaning and they really want there to be more depth to life than there actually is.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheJourney

. The basic tunnel is that people here support ANY conspiracy theory that is put out there. ANY time people talk about how something is a cover-up or false flag, it gets tons of stars and flags. ANY time people talk about some coming disaster scenario, it gets tons of stars and flags. Certainly the reality-tunnel here is 'paranoid' conspiracy-theorist, accepting and supporting any conspiracy theory, rejecting anything else.

The tendency I tend to see is that if something is a conspiracy, it is automatically accepted and liked.
edit on 23-8-2012 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

Let's not forget that this is a conspiracy based forum and that's what a lot of people come here for, so we will see a surge towards such topics.
But don't forget other parts of the forum. Let's take the paranormal section for example, in order to drag away fromthe conspiracy stuff..
There is a percentage of members who will post 95% of the time in that section as that is their speciality, same goes for the UFO/aliens section..
Some of us have many interests and post almost anywhere and everywhere.. I'm kinda guilty of that at times..

Your post gave me an interesting image in my head.. I was looking at this tunnel of yours and wondered what it would actually look like as an image or even a structure if ATSwas laid out in such a manner.

There are pie charts and graphs displaying this kind of data, but to see it as you describe might be very interesting as each tunnel would branch off or meld into other tunnels and colours reflecting each forum.

Almost like wormholes

nice concept.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Prophets of doom, debunkers, political shills, partisan hacks, cowards in denial, over patriotic country bumpkins, warmongering psychopaths, chicken hawks, disensitized sociopaths, zionists, the billionaire-worshipping poor, pacifists, anons, defenders of the oppressed, liberals, conservatives, neolibs, neocons, Ron Paul fans, RuPaul supporters, nihilists, solipsists, atheists, christians, jews, muslims, zoroastrians, buddhists, mormons and their magical underwear, racists, the self-righteous, hypocrites, the gullible, smart people, drooling imbeciles...

ATS has them all.

What seems to be your complaint?

edit on 23-8-2012 by Snoopy1978 because: Added: ipad people and their typos...

top topics

join