It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion from a mans point of view

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenofswords

Originally posted by olaru12

Originally posted by Baldryck

On topic, the government can't force anyone to have a child. Even if abortion was illegal again, which I doubt it ever will be, people will find ways to abort unwanted pregnancies.

Very true. There would be abortion flights to Mexico and Canada, back alley abortionists, underground publications on how to induce miscarriage thru different drugs etc. just like there was before Roe v. Wade. Abortion in America was a cottage industry. It's the GOP that wants to return to "the good old days"...

I, too, don't think abortion will ever be a major political topic. Libs like to paint broad strokes on basic GOP values like pro-life, but there are lots of Republicans that are pro-choice. The libs try to get women all upset and heated up telling them the GOP is going to overturn Roe vs. Wade, and frankly, women that don't do their due diligence buy into the hyperbole.

You're wrong!! Abortion is a huge political topic. Just look on ATS at the threads addressing that specific topic.... but in the world of American politics "one button issues" win and lose elections. And this is one issue that will energize the women's vote against the GOP. This controversy over abortion brought about by the Romney/Ryan bone head remarks will probably lose them the election.

I was amazed at the lapse in the Romney campaign to let the abortion issue come front and center. Sloppy and stupid!!!

topic.....I wouldn't want a woman to tell me how to conduct my behavior concerning MY body; why should I have the right to dictate to a woman?
edit on 23-8-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Heresy

On this issue I disagree with abortion if it DOES NOT threaten the womans life or health.
Both created the new life, if the woman doesn't want the child and the man does, the man should have a say.
Is a man only responsible when it comes to child support ?
Flame on girls.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Here is a link to an article that you all should read.

Basically a woman was raped. She chose to have the child and then the rapist sued for paternal rights. That is legal in 31 states.

READ THIS

Think about what this woman had to endure because of the stupid laws that are on the books in the US

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
What percent of abortions are done in the case of rape or incest or to preserve the life of the mother?
That argument gets thrown around a lot to make "pro-choice" people appear in the shining light of well-being and justice.

Quick google search yields:

1% of all abortions occur because of rape or incest; 6% of abortions occur because of potential health problems regarding either the mother or child, and 93% of all abortions occur for social reasons

www.abortionno.org...

So, is it still valid to support abortion for social reasons under the guise of helping poor rape victims?
It's like saying 1% of muslims are terrorists so we have to kill them all....

The argument that a woman has a right to choose sounds a lot like, "don't tell me that what I choose to do is wrong"
Just because you can decide to do something doesn't make it right.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsThisThingBugged
It is the women's body yes... men can't, and shouldn't, be able to FORCE an abortion on any women .

But they should be able to "force" the women to keep the baby.

I always thought it is a healthy compromise. And EXACTLY the rights women have, am I right?

I hate lib, conserv paradigm nonsense but in an equable society shouldn't a man have a say in the life of his possible child?... Not forcing abortion on women but forcing life for babies...

Forcing anything, whether it pregnancy or abortion is no man's, and no one's right to say other than the woman involved.

As illustrated in some other's previous posts, you do a few minutes of of leaking fluid, and this somehow makes you King of the World with the power to order someone to suffer, risk their life, change their body drastically in the short term and in many ways forever as well, plus potentially sacrifice career, income, time, and over all general quality of life for the next 18 years?
All because you leaked some fluid after a few minutes?

I don't think so.

Sure, the goop gun should be entitled to as many words as they can fill into the span of time it took them to leak their fluids, whether that's a few minutes or more, but, beyond that; nope, nuh-uh, no way.
Girl has to deal with the product and consequences of your few minutes of gooping forever after.
It's her say.

edit on 23-8-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by OLD HIPPY DUDE
I am not pro abortion but I do think it should be left up to the woman.
My question is for the men.
If your daughter, sister or wife was raped and became pregnant, how would men feel about the government forcing them to have the child ? Yes the child can be put up for adaption, but how would men handle the pregnancy of there loved one by a rapiest ?
Should there be no abortions at all ?

Hey, I became pregnant with twins while being about 95 lbs in weight at the time. My twins were 7.6 lbs each. I was in a bad relationship when I became pregnant, married actually. I went through with the pregnancy, and my body was ruined for doing so.

Today, given I had to have my body destroyed, would I give up the twins I had? NO! But the father should be held responsible for getting my body back to the way it was, pre-twins. This was not a sexual encounter that I was happy to have, and it resulted in twins, which I raised on my own because the Dad was a deadbeat.

Why people think a woman should suffer is beyond me. My ex, who left me with 4 children had a child with a woman while he was in his 60's.

Do I believe in Karma.............hell, yeah!

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Imo in a couple situation the male should have say. I have been there and my child was aborted because she didn't want it.

The government should stay out of the legality besides for rape, incest and underage cases and it should be the choice of the hospital besides for rape, incest and underage cases. I don't believe that the government should put any funding into abortion except for rape, incest and underage cases.

The main thing is that people don't want to take responsibility for their actions. If you are a man and get a woman pregnant you should at least stay and be the father. If you are a woman who gets pregnant (under a non-rape, incest or underage situation) You should take responsibility.

I feel that the "my body" case does not hold water when you knowingly and willingly have sex and become pregnant. You did the crime you pay the time.

Furthermore, if women have the choice to abort for their own reasons, then males should have the choice to pay or not pay child support. If a man rapes a woman and gets caught then he should be forced to pay child support.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
There are plenty of unwanted kids in the adoption agencies. When the pro life people start adopting the majority of those kids without families; perhaps then their argument against abortion might have some validity.

Put up or shut up!!

Ideology with out positive acts is just political masturbation; it means nothing and just points out your hypocrisy.

Pro life but only on your terms, huh?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
the issue of abortion wont be resolved until the artificial womb comes out at least that is my theory as it seems to magically solve a lot of the ethical and other issues and once this tech advances i think it will make abortions a non issue and make preemies a thing of the past as well

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by fallow the light
You did the crime you pay the time.

The problem with this is turning the whole thing into a sort of criminality.
Really?

You like someone, and you want to see how physically compatible they are, so, while learning about the person, it suddenly becomes mandatory that you MUST have their child? You MUST deal with them for the rest of your life as a co-parent, even if just distantly?

Lots of relationships that start well, can end badly, a month, several months, or even longer where you don't want to ever see that person ever again for the rest of your life.
So, an accident occurs, and now you're a criminal that has to be sentenced to eternal hell with a while Mister Spooge pretty much walks away scott free?

Ridiculous.

Sex is a natural form of entertainment, and fairly necessary as a means for establishing pair bonding and compatibility with someone over the time you are making a decision of keeping him or not.
It's not a crime.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
It was a figure of speech. Of course I was not implying that you are a criminal.

Let me rephrase. You had the sex now take responsibility for the outcome.

You like someone, and you want to see how physically compatible they are, so, while learning about the person, it suddenly becomes mandatory that you MUST have their child? You MUST deal with them for the rest of your life as a co-parent, even if just distantly?

So then the the male DOSE have the right to say for the child if you feel that you "MUST KEEP THEIR" child? If the child also belongs to the male then he should have say. It's also his after all.

And if you do not want to HAVE to see them for the rest of your life then think about that before you have sex with him.

Sex is a natural form of entertainment, and fairly necessary as a means for establishing pair bonding and compatibility with someone over the time you are making a decision of keeping him or not. It's not a crime.

Entertainment is a choice. You can do it or not. If you do chose to do so then you should have to deal with any outcome that may accrue. Especially if the woman sees the man as something to "keep or not".

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

So then the the male DOSE have the right to say for the child if you feel that you "MUST KEEP THEIR" child? If the child also belongs to the male then he should have say. It's also his after all.

And if you do not want to HAVE to see them for the rest of your life then think about that before you have sex with him.

Please spare us your constipated Judeo/Christian morality. I'm totally aware of my responsibilities and take
full responsibility. Please give me the dignity to live my life as I see fit without BS sermons.

I'm not going to tell you how to conduct you private affairs. Why can't you extend that courtesy to others.
Playing GOD is a fools errand.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12
There are plenty of unwanted kids in the adoption agencies. When the pro life people start adopting the majority of those kids without families; perhaps then their argument against abortion might have some validity.
Put up or shut up!!
Ideology with out positive acts is just political masturbation; it means nothing and just points out your hypocrisy.
Pro life but only on your terms, huh?

Thanks you for injecting a note of sanity into a very emotional debate. Let's see all of these good Christians start adopting the unwanted children that they have saved.

Further to the irony, when you lay out the political associations, are these self-declared "Pro Lifers" not the same folks who also favour cutting benefits to the poor? Even further...read "Freakonomics" for yet another sidebar:

The effect of legalized abortion on crime (sometimes referred to as the Donohue-Levitt hypothesis) is the theory that legal abortion reduces crime. Proponents of the theory generally argue that since unwanted children are more likely to become criminals and that an inverse correlation is observed between the availability of abortion and subsequent crime. Moreover, children born under these conditions are usually less fortunate as enough preparation was not put in place for their birth and upbringing. In particular, it is argued that the legalization of abortion in the United States, largely due to the Supreme Court's decision in Roe v. Wade, has reduced crime in the late 20th and early 21st centuries. en.wikipedia.org...

Me, I'm Pro Choice. That's not Pro Abortion. I just feel very strongly that if I am not personally about to take on the results of my opinion, then it's a good time to shut up. I am not about to encourage, let alone force any woman to give birth to an unwanted child if I am not taking personal responsibility for its well being. Ergo..it ain't my choice to make.

Like you said...put up or shut up!

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Well you just spoke a bunch of nonsense about me that you just pulled out of your backside.

When did I ever bring God into this? I'm not a Judeo/Christian thank you very much.

I'm not telling you how to do anything. Like I said:

The government should stay out of the legality besides for rape, incest and underage cases and it should be the choice of the hospital besides for rape, incest and underage cases. I don't believe that the government should put any funding into abortion except for rape, incest and underage cases.

I have no power to force any one to do anything. The Government on the other hand does and I feel that they shouldn't.

This is the subject. The op asked what the male point of view is about abortion. I am a male. I am replying to the question.

If you don't like the views of others on this subject then stay out of this kind of thread.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
You are pro-abortion if you think someone should be able to get an abortion for any reason.
So don't come up with the bullshi* about how nobody likes abortion or I don't promote abortion but I think anyone should be able to.
As far as pro-life, there you go painting everyone the same way. I am pro-innocent life, there is a difference.
And yes there are thousands of children that need to be adopted but unless you are damn near rich, married, with one or less other children, and straight no one will let you adopt a kid. And sometimes even if you are all those things by the time you pay for everything the government makes you pay for you have not only spent your life savings but may very well be in debt.
Yes I would adopt several of those children if I had a husband one less kid than I do now, and an endless supply of money, but sadly I don't.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsThisThingBugged
It is the women's body yes... men can't, and shouldn't, be able to FORCE an abortion on any women .

But they should be able to "force" the women to keep the baby.

I always thought it is a healthy compromise. And EXACTLY the rights women have, am I right?

I hate lib, conserv paradigm nonsense but in an equable society shouldn't a man have a say in the life of his possible child?... Not forcing abortion on women but forcing life for babies...

So, you think that if a woman want's to end her pregnancy, the man should have the final say. Not just a say, but the FINAL SAY! How do you consider this a healthy compromise?

Geez, do your knuckles hit the ground when you walk? Cave man much?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

But the father should be held responsible for getting my body back to the way it was, pre-twins.
reply to post by Sulie

Was this rape or did you know before having sex that pregnancy was possiblity?
Would you kill your unborn child because stretch marks are ewww?
edit on 23-8-2012 by EndlessFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

If you don't like the views of others on this subject then stay out of this kind of thread.

Typical...

You want to express your views but want those that disagree with you to stay out of the thread.

topic...I'm a man as well and have no business telling anyone how to conduct their lives in the bedrooom or anywhere else for that matter.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Would you like to stand by while someone kills your child and the law says there is nothing you can do about it?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by EndlessFire

It's really insulting to the intellect and integrity of all women to minimize and dismiss the thought process of those who chooses to end an unwanted pregnancy. There is much more involved in these decisions than stretch marks!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join