It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge orders release of detained Marine veteran

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher
reply to post by Phoenix

Wow. That was fast.

Yeh, he's white.

If he was brown, and wore a turban with a beard, he'd never hear from the Rutherford Institute.
They wouldn't even need to use the ruse of "psych ward", he'd be in Guantanamo by now.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Heres a interesting article from the CATO Institute about this and all the recent cases.

Letters: A Libertarian’s Proposal to Reform Involuntary Commitment
www.cato-unbound.org...

CATO Institute works with the PR company Rutherford Institute. I take from the article CATO wants to medicate the mentally ill and allow them to stay in the public.Freedom. But they also stand against involuntary commitment. Freedom. But they also admit the mentally ill are shot by cops 4 times more than other criminals. Freedom. Strange it appears they think its there right to freedom to kill people and be killed by cops and must not be infringed upon. Freedom.
edit on 24-8-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Case has been dismissed. Court records now show it.

wasdmz2.courts.state.va.us...

Case Number: CL12000380-00

Filed Type Party Judge Book Page Remarks
08/23/12 Gd Paperwork DEF GDC PAPERWORK
08/23/12 Memorandum DEF ATTORNEY LETTER
08/23/12 Motion DEF MOT TO SUSPEND OR MODIFY
08/23/12 Notice Of Hearing DEF NOTICE OF HEARING
08/23/12 Final Order WAS 00 00 ORDER TO RELEASE DEFENDANT

edit on 24-8-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Great NEWS to hear about, thank you for posting the info OP. This made me sick to the stomach when I first heard about it, it absolutely infuriated me. Little tip for the idiotic and asinine government that violated this American's constitutional rights: Pissing off mass numbers of battle hardened United States Marines and other Veterans probably isn't the smartest thing to do.
edit on 24-8-2012 by Jocko Flocko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Good news.

America reached out and took its boy back.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Anybody any idea why the police were involved? In the arrest video I saw, there were uniformed police, they conducted the arrest so what were the charges?

There were also two unmarked cars, (the videoperson noted the number plates) and several officials in plain clothes, all wearing shades and giving orders, does anybody know who they were? If they were FBI, should there not have been at least one officer in identifiable dress, and again, if FBI were there, why? if they were not making the arrest.

It is good that this marine is on his way home. My guess is that there is going to be one hell of a row over this, especially if the mother was told by the 'shades' he was arrested for assault on an officer, something that the police say is not true.
edit on 24-8-2012 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy

It is good that this marine is on his way home. My guess is that there is going to be one hell of a row over this,

I don't know what is good. Suppose they "programmed" him during the detention to carry out some act. Then release him back into the general population, and he goes sometime later on a shooting rampage. Then, they'll blame the judge for not listening to them and keeping him under detention. So, the next guy they arrest won't get off that easily at all. That's how these things work. Pray that the guy stays straight from here on, and doesn't get up to any mischief !

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
eric holder, janet napolitano, barack obama, they should be asked to comment on this travesty of justice.

And specifically, the two thugs, those CIA looking chaps, they should be brought up on charges, in fact, they and their names, rank if they have one, and the exact organization they work for should all be identified for the good people of the United States of America.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Anyone know what drugs he was forced to take by the Psych Doc's?

Poor guy.

Even though the Judge said to release him, they don't have to. Congress gave the President authority to detain American's forever without a trial.

Our Judicial Branch of Government no longer has ANY power. The Executive has total power. Congress gave it to them....We are now a Dictatorship.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Good thing they caught him before he killed anybody.

Hopefully he gets the help he needs.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I did not pay close enough attention to the original story. The guy lives 10 miles from me! I can tell you there are a lot of "good ole boys" in Richmond, Va. I have dealt with the Chesterfield County Police myself. Here is what doesn't make sense, they are pretty reasonable. The obvious question is who ordered his arrest for this, but much more importantly, why did they arrest him, at home with no charges? They did not have a warrant or just cause? Something is not right!

They then took him to John Randolph Hospital, a hospital that I have done rotations in, in the past. This is not wear
you would take someone for a psychiatric evaluation. You would take him to MCV! the largest hospital here in the area it is also a state hospital. It is tied in with VCU and is the only one equipped to do this type of thing. He was not transferred as far as I know. So that is very suspicious in and of itself.

Honestly, I would not ever go to John Randolph even for a broken bone. Most people in this area know this about John Randolph it has a reputation. I have not read the other thread so if I am repeating what someone else has said I apologize. I will be happy to share about the county police or anything else pertinent to the area.

Pax

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatOwl

Originally posted by smurfy

It is good that this marine is on his way home. My guess is that there is going to be one hell of a row over this,

I don't know what is good. Suppose they "programmed" him during the detention to carry out some act. Then release him back into the general population, and he goes sometime later on a shooting rampage. Then, they'll blame the judge for not listening to them and keeping him under detention. So, the next guy they arrest won't get off that easily at all. That's how these things work. Pray that the guy stays straight from here on, and doesn't get up to any mischief !

The judge cannot be blamed for doing his job correctly, ever.

Now, this video is purported to be from his mother, it is not the arrest video, but in it she names an FBI person who called her,

www.youtube.com...

If that name given is Kosher, then it means that the 'shades' were FBI at the time of arrest, and were not identifiable as such. The arrest video itself shows that the arrest was executed by the local police.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Sooo, another side that I do not see and this is a huge twist on perception with hind sight added. Can this person now go and criminally prosecute them for abuse of power, kidnapping, slander, and even further...what would happen if the guy defended his home....would we be able to add murder to this list as well if he didn't make it?

I honestly hope the judicial system starts to pull some reins on the abuse of power going on....and those reins need to start with the people and start pulling every one ....all the way to the top.

Now that my rant is over, I am glad he is out. But victory will not be had till this NEVER HAPPENS AGAIN!!!!

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by scoobdude
Can this person now go and criminally prosecute them for abuse of power, kidnapping, slander, and even further...

No, the police were well within the law and acted appropriately.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Awesome.

This is a good day for America.

Indeed.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by links234

Can this person now go and criminally prosecute them for abuse of power, kidnapping, slander, and even further...

Yet the judge dismissed the case stating it was a violation of his civil rights? And just FYI, just cause its law does not make it legal

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by links234

Yea right! That's why a judge overturned their actions.
Everyone has a choice.
They were there earning a paycheck and not upholding the law even though they believed somehow that they were upholding the law.
Never the less it is forgiven as long as it does not continue and we all know it more than likely will.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by smokenmirrors
eric holder, janet napolitano, barack obama, they should be asked to comment on this travesty of justice.

And specifically, the two thugs, those CIA looking chaps, they should be brought up on charges, in fact, they and their names, rank if they have one, and the exact organization they work for should all be identified for the good people of the United States of America.

Yes I agree, As goverment officials they unfortunately have much protection from civil liability personally, however if Raub and others want to push this as a violation of civil rights on constitutional grounds then I think that protection goes away, did someone post back upstream the exact name of legislation? Hoover act or some such? I do know it can be done from following internal border patrol checkpoint issues that they can be brought to deposition and court where Judge can limit the governments power in these matters, see checkpointusa.com

Unfortunately this is the part where it takes years and money and perserverence to stop the shenanigans.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by scoobdude

The police were allowed to hold him in the psych ward for 72 hours before holding a hearing. When the hearing occurred the judge ordered him to be held for 27 days, another hearing was held after the guy got a lawyer from the Rutherford Institute, at which time the new judge ordered him to be released.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
Anyone know what drugs he was forced to take by the Psych Doc's?

I'm going to go out on a limb here, and say if he was gave him anything it would probably be Anti-Psychotics, And mood stabilizers. Probably an SSRI if anything.

Side note:

These hospitals are truly horrible places.

From one of my own personal experiences, I went in was for sleeping issues (which led to a minor bout of mania) and when I wanted to leave they wouldn't let me.

When I began becoming alarmed at their reluctance to allow me to leave ( as I voluntarily committed myself) and was asking for Patient Right print outs they threw me in a padded room, and gave an injection of Haldol which it turned out I was allergic to. My throat began closing up, as I banged on the door for help no one would help me (it's sound proof). I passed out, woke up and then one of the other patients ran and go help when I was holding my neck (my throat was almost totally closed).

When I said no to blood tests they came in my room in the middle of the night, strapped me down which jarringly awoke me, and proceeded to take vial after vial of blood (which tested negative of course for drugs). Again, I was sleeping and entered because I had a sleeping disturbance (wasn't able to sleep for weeks), and they awoke me for this reason. Seems logical.

On one day, I again asked for my "Patient Rights" print outs, and they called security on me. I was allowed to stay in my room, but for 24 hours they had security guards at my door, the whole time mocking me ("why don't you try and get out," "Come on push me"). When I asked why I was there, and to speak to their superior they would laugh. They only brought me one meal that day (because I kept asking for one). From what I gather, they were provoking me to act violently, and try and exit the room. This was before I finally accepted medication. I never once acted violently.

For weeks, I asked for a Patients Rights print out, and they never would give me a copy. I asked for clergy and none were sent. My family would bring in food and non-caffeinated soda (which is allowed) and the staff wouldn't give it to me, and on several occasions they lost my belongings. It took having several witnesses visiting me to see this occurring and call out the staff (most of which were foreign nationals from Africa (Nigeria if I recall, oddly enough) to put them on the spot, then they started treating me a bite nicer.

After days, they told me the only way to leave was to start taking their medication, otherwise it would be up to, in their words, "the courts" to decide when you are free. Mind you I voluntarily went in on my own. They brow beat you until you agree, using fear tactics. The Staff said this too me (Nurses and so on). The Doctor would visit once a day for about 5 minutes, then leave. So I finally caved in, and took it. They had me on Zyprexa.

I was held there, without any real sense of freedom to leave for 2 weeks, until my insurance wouldn't pay anymore. My room had a giant window, where I could ironically see a highway. There were others there being held against their will. I recall there being an elderly man there, suffering from what seemed like Dementia. Everyday, he asked when he was going to leave they would just play him off. He was there for several months, but who really knows. Seems like he was just a living ATM machine to them.

Happens more often then not to many. Luckily this Brandon had a Youtube video of him being arrested. There's countless others out there who do not.

The Zyprexa was a nightmare, and I've been off it for 2 years now ( no relapses, although I have anxiety issues as a result). When I can't sleep I take Melatonin and I'm fine. I sleep well. Why didn't they offer a sleeping medication like that? Why brow beat me, and inject me with a poison? Why a nasty SSRI like Zyrpexa?

Mind you, I am not Bi Polar, nor suicidal. Even though I'm labeled Bi-Polar 1, I do not suffer from bouts of depression nor mania, even though I've been on zero medication for over 2 years. Their main issue with me was wanting to leave and refuse treatment. When I would force the issue of refusing treatment they would escalate the situation, ever single time. It was a loss-loss situation, where my rights were violated, and eventually I broke down to their tactics. I just wanted to be home, in my own bed.

What other Medical Profession doesn't allow you to refuse treatment? The answer is none.

The fact that this approach will be used against Political dissenters should be alarming to all! Basically, if you don't agree with your government, you're now certifiable crazy. No need for Courts, no need for convictions. Just the opinion of a Court sanctioned Psychiatrist and that's that.

This is the perfect means for NDAA to be practiced... .

edit on 24-8-2012 by squidboy because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-8-2012 by squidboy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join