It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Politico : Professors Study Predicts Mitt Romney Win -Study Predicts Romney 300 + Electoral Votes!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

According to the professors, it will.

You're wrong. Acccording to the profs that conducted this study:

States that are very close to a 50-50 split, the authors warn, can fall in an unexpected direction.

and

Granted, the election is still months away, and given that Berry and Bickers plan to update their model later, this forecast could change.

Desperate times breed desperate actions!

Apparently. You can lie to yourself if you like, but don't lie to us....we will catch it.
edit on 23-8-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar

Do you know who the electoral/ collegiate voters are? They are chosen by a broken system of deceit. The very same fatcats who took the GOP nomination away from Ron Paul.

Yes, i know but the Electoral College actually makes sense.

Hillary Clinton briefly spoke out against the Electoral College but then quickly reversed

course. You just have to think it through.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

This election will be a simple repeat of the Jimmy Carter / Ronald Reagan election.

Close for now but just watch what happens.

-----------

Look what happened in Wisconsin?

Did Gov. Scott Walker win his recall election???

Gee, i wonder why ?

I thought Wisconsin was a - Blue - state ??? What's going on ???

It's over.

I believe the professors and James Carville.

The unemployment is just too high. That is the truth.

- No president has been re- elected with unemployment numbers this high since FDR.

GO ahead and check for yourself.

It is what it is.

That's why the dems are taking the - unprecedented - action of going to Tampa Bay to

directly attack the GOP Convention. --- desperation ---

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
The flaw in this study it is pure reliance on what's typically happened. I would argue that today things are different, the stakes are higher than voting purely based on economic well being. There is a sense by independents like me that this is also about whether we go headlong in to what will essentially be a masked theocracy or not.

Additionally, unlike in previous cases, polls show very clearly that the vast majority of Americans still do not hold Obama responsible for the bad economy.

So the report is flawed, deeply. But it may yet be a close race, though my gut says in the end it will be a blow out for Obama. There are simply too many reporters out there trying to make a name for themselves by finding some of the stuff that the very opaque Romney refuses to reveal.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Politico reports ...

Politico is wrong. Obama is clearly ahead. If Romney can't pull in Florida, he hasn't got a chance. We'll know more after the 'convention bumps' and the debates. The real numbers won't settle out until after those ...

It's not the Politico.

They just report the story. It's the professors who are simply looking at the presidential

elections we have had in the past. - History repeats itself -

Truth be told - no president has been re- elected with unemployment rates this high

since FDR.

It seems both you and the professors forgot about Reagan. His unemployment rate was at 7.4 percent and he was reelected even with his war on the middle class.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Ok, you can tell yourself whatever you like. Just don't make false claims like "according to the profs". Even these guys are willing to admit that it could change in a heartbeat. But you are still stuck in La La Land.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Do you know who the electoral/ collegiate voters are? They are chosen by a broken system of deceit. The very same fatcats who took the GOP nomination away from Ron Paul.

Hillary Clinton briefly spoke out against the Electoral College but then quickly reversed

The electoral college made sense back when people still used horses for their main source of transportation. Today it is useless and needs to be done away with.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly
The flaw in this study it is pure reliance on what's typically happened. I would argue that today things are different, the stakes are higher than voting purely based on economic well being. There is a sense by independents like me that this is also about whether we go headlong in to what will essentially be a masked theocracy or not.

Additionally, unlike in previous cases, polls show very clearly that the vast majority of Americans still do not hold Obama responsible for the bad economy.

So the report is flawed, deeply. But it may yet be a close race, though my gut says in the end it will be a blow out for Obama. There are simply too many reporters out there trying to make a name for themselves by finding some of the stuff that the very opaque Romney refuses to reveal.

Blow out for Obama?

Have you been paying attention to Wisconsin?

Not only has Wisconsin turned - RED - but the Senate race is already a blow out !

Republican Tommy Thompson is way ahead. +7.8

Check Real Clear Politics - Senate Race

RCP - has made it official !

47 / 7 / 46 ------------Wisconsin is - RED -

edit on 23-8-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

The electoral college made sense back when people still used horses for their main source of transportation. Today it is useless and needs to be done away with.

Funny you should say that.

Hillary Clinton said exactly that when Al Gore lost to George W. Bush in 2000.

Al Gore had more popular votes.

The next day she changed her mind.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Politico reports ...

Politico is wrong. Obama is clearly ahead. If Romney can't pull in Florida, he hasn't got a chance. We'll know more after the 'convention bumps' and the debates. The real numbers won't settle out until after those ...

It's not the Politico.

They just report the story. It's the professors who are simply looking at the presidential

elections we have had in the past. - History repeats itself -

Truth be told - no president has been re- elected with unemployment rates this high

since FDR.

It seems both you and the professors forgot about Reagan. His unemployment rate was at 7.4 percent and he was reelected even with his war on the middle class.

Reagan fixed the Jimmy Carter mess.

Reagan created 16 million jobs during his 8 year term.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

He can and does tell himself whatever he likes, that isn't the problem. The problem is he sits around all day watching Fox News and then feels the need to share. Mind you this is the same individual not that long ago that was telling us all how Sarah Palin was gonna be the nominee and would win. You can't talk to a crazy like a normal human being.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Each district chooses who they want as the vote, that is what I saw personally. It is always one of their yes men. Now as far as how it is divided between the 2 choices, not the many such as libertarian, constitutionalists, etc, but the 2 main parties that the media acknowledges, I really do not know at this point. It is antiquated system that has failed in the past only to resurface under a different nation , name or idealism.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Each district chooses who they want as the vote, that is what I saw personally. It is always one of their yes men. Now as far as how it is divided between the 2 choices, not the many such as libertarian, constitutionalists, etc, but the 2 main parties that the media acknowledges, I really do not know at this point. It is antiquated system that has failed in the past only to resurface under a different nation , name or idealism.

That's not all.

I think if you read the letter of the law it says that each member of the Electoral College

has the option to - defect - and elect whoever they want.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

If he fixed Carters mess then why was unemployment at 7.4 percent when he was reelected. Not to mention the national debt went up 186% while under Reagan. And Carter created more jobs than Reagan. So how did Reagan fix anything?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

I think you put the wrong chart up on ATS. Where does it say 7.4%?

As far as the GDP, you have to go straight to the Gross Debt to GDP ratio.

Right now we are at 100% with Obama.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Oh yeah, for sure but what I mean is that if they want to continue doing business in the NWO, then they vote not conscience but as they are told to do.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

oop's forgot to S@F your thread...

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

If he fixed Carters mess then why was unemployment at 7.4 percent when he was reelected. Not to mention the national debt went up 186% while under Reagan. And Carter created more jobs than Reagan. So how did Reagan fix anything?

Holy Cow ! I Googled and found chart that gives Reagan an A+.

Source: Department of Labor

Look at the jobs created under Ronald Reagan ! 16 million jobs!

Those very tall red bars in 1983 and 1984 explain the re- election of Ronald Reagan !

edit on 23-8-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
this is the only election since i became able to vote, actually.. in my entire memory of presidential elections period that i do note have a glimmer of hope but i can not see romney being good for our country whatsoever. having no hope is a scary place to be.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

And a tropical storm coming down on top of your convention really screams God is on our side.

I hope this was a joke. Even if a republican said this in a joking manner you democrats would be laughing and saying, no no they truly believe this. So I'm going to do the same.

You believe God wants Obama to win and in so doing he will destroy the convention.

PS A category One Hurricane is nothing. Florida locals know this. I lived there for four years!
edit on 23-8-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

What makes you think I'm a democrat? For your information I'm an independent. Anyone that votes for someone based on party is an idiot. Also it wouldn't hurt if you at least try to comprehend what I was replying to where he said God was bringing in the storm to drive out the OWS crowd.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join