It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the GOP Is Scared of Ron Paul and 4 Reasons He Might Still Get the 2012 Republican Nomination

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
One thing, if he does get the nomination, there will not be a civil war over it. America needs to get down to the business of saving our country and he is the only one who has the balls to do it. He is courage personified and it is fortunate he has not been knocked off already by the same globalists who have been busy murdering the scientists who went against the regime change agenda.

One more thing I need to add is that it may come as a surprise to know that as a delegate to my congressional district as well as state, I suspected there were some staunch, die hard Republicans who in secret were for Ron Paul, they just couldn't for business sake admit it openly.

This is not over yet and the votes have not come in. Now the only way they could win hands down is if they change policy at the Nationals and eliminate the secret vote after the first open declaration of candidates.
edit on 23-8-2012 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
BUT... it could also be the GOP does not want to win this election, that they need the fall guy to be democratic. While everyone watches obama they can continue to occupy the real business global movement.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
He's not going to be speaking. ?
firstread.nbcnews.com...

Despite the delegates he won during the Republican presidential primary season, Ron Paul won't be speaking at next week's Republican convention in Tampa, Fla. But his presence will be felt there -- whether it's his supporters who will be flocking to the city or his son Rand, who will be speaking at the convention. And there's also the possibility of a video tribute to the Texas congressman. "We're told there's something special in the works on Tuesday paying tribute to Ron Paul," said Jesse Benton, Paul's national campaign manager.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
BUT... it could also be the GOP does not want to win this election, that they need the fall guy to be democratic. While everyone watches obama they can continue to occupy the real business global movement.

To me, that has seemed like the case since the beginning of 2011. Mitt Romney is a sorry excuse for a president and they know if Ron Paul got the nomination people would come out in droves with a mission to unseat Obama and put him in the white house. For a while it almost seemed like Romney was screwing up his chances on purpose.

They tried to slander Ron Paul with that racist newsletter BS, why? Because a lot of AAs support Obama and yet many of them would renounce him in order to support Ron Paul. The race for the republican nomination went back and forth all last year, it was like they were probing to try and find out who can beat Ron Paul and what crap do we need to pull in order to do it. If the GOP and the media had got behind Ron Paul as much as they did everyone else he would be going up against Obama and winning here in a little bit.

Originally posted by WildWorld
He's not going to be speaking. ?

Of course not, did you actually expect them to ask or let him? After the war the GOP and others have waged against Ron Paul all this time, like they would let him talk and blow it out of the water now.
edit on 23-8-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Why do I get the feeling you are just mean spirited? If you hate everything that our Liberty/Constitution stand for then why not hang out in other forums where you can rebel rouse with like minded individuals? Why be the thorn in the side of other than your like minded individuals who enjoy discussing topics such as how Ron Paul has been completely screwed over by the power elites and their media whores? Who are you anyway? What is your agenda? I am starting to realize you are a distraction and just trying to be a thread killer.

Wow! You got all of that - mean spirited, hating liberty and our constitution, thorn in the side of Ron Paulites, agenda, thread killer - from this:

One more week...just one more week...and then no more threads on how Ron Paul is going to win the nomination.

Either way....either he gets it or he doesn't...I'm just tired of all the threads of desperation...and I am looking forward to the end.

All I see is that he's just wanting the nomination to happen, "either way" in his own words (which I take to mean whether Paul gets the nomination or not) just so all of these "Ron Paul is going to get nominated regardless of what everyone is saying" threads. Not that he hates Ron Paul, not that he hates liberty or is mean spirited - just wanting an end to the repetetive threads. And again - I am not agreeing or disagreeing with him or anyone else. I am just getting tired of these character assassination posts or name calling posts instead of the good ol' days when ATS would debate intelligently and respectfully.

I mean, it's fine to be passionate about someone or something you feel strongly about, but wow.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
To Outkast and anyone else for that matter, it's really not hard to understand that the way our government is run is completely unsustainable. 16 TRILLION worth of debt screams the truth much louder than some anti Paul, pro Obama clown who thinks this system is working just fine under the current administration, or even past ones for that matter. A change is needed now, but everyone who realizes this also realizes that Rmoney and Obamtard have no intention or chance to fix this sinking ship. My only question is: are we passengers on the Titanic or the Lusitania?
I must sadly say the United States as you once knew it is LONG gone...

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by tallcool1

OutkastSearcher has been bashing Ron Paul every day for the better part of a year, I think its safe to say he has something against him and probably is a bit mean spirited about it. Of course that's probably also why he's getting tired of all the Ron Paul threads hes voluntarily posting in. The same thing has been happening time and time again, a Ron Paul thread is made and OutkastSearcher comes in and trash talks about him or his supporters being as passive aggressive as possible and people tell him if it bothers him so much then don't post in Ron Paul threads. Yet he never fails to post in every single Ron Paul thread.

So why don't you tell us how to intelligently debate this:

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
One more week...just one more week...and then no more threads on how Ron Paul is going to win the nomination.

Either way....either he gets it or he doesn't...I'm just tired of all the threads of desperation...and I am looking forward to the end.

To me that looks like a passive aggressive troll. Nobody is forcing OKS to read and post in every single Ron Paul thread, he doesn't have any right to tell other members what kinds of threads they can and can't make and how much trouble is it really to simply move along and ignore Ron Paul threads if you do not like them? There are plenty of Obama threads to read, I don't like them so I don't post in them and complain about Obama threads on ATS... like a normal person would do.
edit on 23-8-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

Ok - I was unaware of the history. I am sorry about that, but in my defense I am only speaking out against the name calling and member bashing. I did say that I was not supporting his position or anyone else's. If

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DJMSN

....even if he was to win the nomination he would lose the election because not enough people believe in him...most believe he is a radical crazy nut jobber and sometimes based of some things he has said I think so too

But that wouldn't be because that's how the MSM has strived hard to portray him would it? "Most people" must be the one's who really have no clue about what's really going on in politics.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by coyotepoet
reply to post by DJMSN

....even if he was to win the nomination he would lose the election because not enough people believe in him...most believe he is a radical crazy nut jobber and sometimes based of some things he has said I think so too

But that wouldn't be because that's how the MSM has strived hard to portray him would it? "Most people" must be the one's who really have no clue about what's really going on in politics.

I disagree with that. I don't think he is clinically crazy, but I went to his campaign website and I read what he wants to do. I simply don't agree with his ideas, and find some of them "crazy". The MSM didn't formulate that opinion for me; I figured it out all on my own. The MSM didn't make him look crazy, they just ignored him.
edit on 23-8-2012 by usernameconspiracy because: Clarification

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by usernameconspiracy

Yes, alot of people feel the same way you do about his policy. They are very radical compared to the system in place now. Here is two questions I pose though. The first is if the system in place is so great, why all the debt and a federal government that has forgotten who is in charge? The debt was created by both parties because Congress controls the purse strings. Legislation that allows the detainment U.S. citizens without due process was voted into law by both parties. I'm sorry but I think this system is crazy. Comparing Romney, Obama's and Paul's voting records, which one is more in line with the Constitution? Americans will never ever be in total agreement but as long as the Constitution is in place, one group can't trample on the right of another.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by usernameconspiracy

I disagree with that. I don't think he is clinically crazy, but I went to his campaign website and I read what he wants to do. I simply don't agree with his ideas, and find some of them "crazy".

I've lurked for years.

I had to register an account with this forum just for the sake of asking you.
Which of Ron Paul's plans do you specifically disagree with? Which ones do you find "crazy"?
Why?
edit on 23-8-2012 by woodscrews because: First post, made errors in formatting.

edit on 23-8-2012 by woodscrews because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
My biggest complaint about Ron Paul (which I arrived at in 2008 after after working for him in the primary) is that just when it looks like he might have real influence, he just acquiesces, he gives in the Party establishment. I remember many of those I had worked with very disappointed and bewildered by it. I was afraid he'd do it again this time, so I never actively supported him this go round. Sure enough, even as he went much further this time, when it really mattered, he just pretty much walks away and fades into the background. This time he HAD enough delegates to force his name in nomination, which would have given him a prime time chance to be heard, to finally connect with millions who really know little about beyond the caricature the media created.

..And this time it mattered more than any other other time, with continue war and more war drums banging, with massive Fed over reach and the NDAA and drone attacks. His voice was more important than every, but he just gave up when he had the most leverage.

Paul likes to say it was never about him, but about a movement. He seemed to be setting up his son to take over the mantel. But Rand is not his father's son and simply does not have the same cred, the same honest, simple humility.

The Paul movement will die with him, though his funeral will likely be the biggest we have seen for any politician since the Kennedy passing.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by usernameconspiracy

I disagree with that. I don't think he is clinically crazy, but I went to his campaign website and I read what he wants to do. I simply don't agree with his ideas, and find some of them "crazy". The MSM didn't formulate that opinion for me; I figured it out all on my own. The MSM didn't make him look crazy, they just ignored him.

Yes, but what filters do you have in operation? And that was my point. Why do you think what is "crazy"? This gets into the idea of long-term social engineering that can be directly seen in the proliferation of "reality tv", schools that now teach kids what to think instead of how to think, and the general dumbing down of the population. Not to say that this is you specifically, just the big picture and ways to think about things. So when you say his ideas are crazy and wouldn't work, why wouldn't they work? Because they are too far from the status quo?

I read a quote once, can't remember from whom, but I remember it was from someone well positioned to be "in the know" about what goes on behind the curtain, that paraphrased says that things are like they are in society on purpose, because someone or some group wants it that way. The economy, politics, energy policy, foreign policy, are like they are because, while bad for most people, benefits a small segment while enslaving the few. It is known that the CIA engages in drug smuggling and soldiers guard poppy fields in Afghanistan and yet drug policy allows the lower classes to be locked up while the other side makes money. We could have had free energy in the time of Wardenclyfe-think how society could have been transformed if the oil industry hadn't become predominate, or how things would be if we hadn't imported Nazi scientists and intelligence operatives wholesale after the war to continue their work.

My point is that a change from the status quo is exactly what we need but society has been engineered such that people not only don't know what really happens in the corridors of power, but also think that things will get better if we just elect a Republican to get the Democrat out of office because he hasn't been doing a good job with economy, etc (never mind that Romney is guaranteed to follow the same policies from the same masters) or voting for the Democrat to get the Republican out of office, which is why Obama did so well with the slogan "Hope and change" even though nothing has really changed and things continue to get worse. I still hope for a Ron Paul spoiler at the convention just because he really, truly does represent hope and change and the people that don't see that are the one's that have been blinded into not seeing that, at this point, some societal restructuring is in order.
edit on 23-8-2012 by coyotepoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

Both dmeocrats and republicans cheat in elections....The elections are held only as eyewash! As long as people believe the have a say then they feel free. we are allowed to vote for only 1 of 2 candidates, which are the 2 that are vetted by TPTB and both fit into their agenda. Most people vote for the lesser of 2 evils.
Ask yourself ..How free are WE?
We own nothing (house, car etc...)
you cannot drive without a seatbelt
you have to have a permit to carry a gun (infringes the 2nd amend.)
you can be taken away to a nut house if you question the societal norm
you cannot buy with cash anything over 9,999 dollars without being turned in
you cannot carry excessive amounts of cash
etc.....
Now how free do you feel?
edit on 23-8-2012 by hanyak69 because: missed some words

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I would rather have Paul win the nomination and loose to Obama then see Romney on the ballot.
At least we would lament the tragedy of Obama winning and maybe finally move to Norway.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

That's a pretty ignorant statement IMO. Ron Paul has more of a shot at the moderate/independent voters than Romney by all stretches of the thought. He's the only one that will be able to take away from Obama's independent voters.
reply to post by freakjive

I agree with your statement. I've had conversations at summer parties about the current presidential campaign with hard nosed democrats and moderates, and most don't like Romney. When I mention Ron Paul, a lot of them pause and start saying they like some of the things he stands for. They love his foreign policy, and how he doesn't dance around the issues. They really don't like Romney's image, and they almost always bring up his refusal to show his back taxes, and how he's too much connected with corporate America. They agree the U.S. needs someone like him.

I would really enjoy seeing him in a debate with Obama and Romney. I think if that happened he would win over a lot more voters.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by coyotepoet

No actually I believe that Dr. Paul tries very hard to appeal to that type of individual...the ones that share the same type view...I don't think he neccessarily believes what he says but like all Politicians he will say whatever it takes to get elected or reelected....Again Dr. Paul has been in office for 20 years and things have become worse not better....I like his style and even agree with some things but he is the one that makes himself appear nutjobbish...never takes the media to do that...just listen to him on occassion.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by DJMSN

.never takes the media to do that...just listen to him on occassion.

What like bringing the military home and ending the wars?
That's crazy-I want a war that lasts forever, plus our presence in the ME as invaders, use of depleted uranium, and large numbers of civilian deaths endear us to the native populations and make us more secure.

By wanting to audit and/or eliminate the fed?
That's crazy-the last 2 presidents that tried to do that ended up dead. Who would want to risk assassination by demanding some accountability?

By wanting to end the Department of Education? I've already stated that the education system needs to change. That's crazy-actually moving towards "smaller government" rather than just using it as a code phrase that means "removing regulations so corporations can rape us and the earth and lowering taxes on the rich."

Yep. I've listened to him, and I think he's exactly what this country needs.

edit on 23-8-2012 by coyotepoet because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join