It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At 80 years old, this woman painted what is believed to be the real face of Jesus Christ.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

The 80-year-old Spanish woman responsible for what some are calling history's worst restoration of a work of art spoke out in the media on Wednesday to defend her actions. Cecilia Gimenez, a loyal parishioner at the church in Borja, Saragossa Province, had taken it upon herself to restore Ecce Homo, a 19th century mural of Jesus Christ, according to Le Monde. Witness the devastating results below.

www.worldcrunch.com... il/c3s9417/#.UDZOwMGPUgs

Saw this in the subway today, i almost died of laughter. Needles to say that this is going to generate an explosion of memes!

like this :

edit on 23-8-2012 by DCLXVI because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by DCLXVI

LOL! So Van Gogh was just channeling his inner Jesus with his paintings... It all makes sense now

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
that's classic. I read about that this morning. When I saw this posted i started cracking up. I can see all that coming now on t-shirts ect. That women will be rich!

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing, what a joke

Gave me a good laugh, thanks

Namaste.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
This is the 3rd of 4th post about this... i have commented on each of them. Use search engine moar

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Vicker

LOL this is funny enough for 50 threads

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
as long as i can put this video in each one to show the original meaning behind this old woman's trolling.

50 threads it will be!

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Ahhhh!!!

How could we have been so BLIND!

The true face of the Jesus! It all makes sense now.

Oh my God! It's full of Stars!

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
this is the best picture or the old boy i've seen yet

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by DCLXVI

Your link appears to be broken. I was going to link to this but am unable to. This is some funny stuff!!

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Looks fine to me. Just like religion, interpretation is in the eye of the beholder.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by spaceg0at

That is hilarious; I wasn't going to watch the vid, but then I got an inner feeling (maybe Jesus told me to)
Really looks like him lol

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DCLXVI

www.worldcrunch.com...

Fixed link

How strange, it does not say if she is a known painter or why she was asked to do it. She is 80 years old! Who knows if she is coherent even...as an artwork on it's own if it were not a restoration I think it would be pretty interesting work.
edit on 23-8-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Here is an interesting article from 2002 about what Jesus may have looked like.

www.popularmechanics.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I really love this picture "Ecce Homo." I truly feel sorry for this 80 year old woman. Anybody that ever messed up big time can relate. I beat myself up over such trivial stuff. I think I will make a copy of before and after and hang it somewhere to remind myself that whatever I messed up sure could be worse and to pray for the poor dear that meant well.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

I agree my heart totally goes out to the old gal who was told to do this "restoration". It's all over the world news like everywhere, and I can feel her pain almost! It's both sad and funny at the same time.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

At least she tried

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Guess she was working on Planet of the Apes version, which was Pre-Adam period.

Jesus was a golden child with ruddy skin, blue eyes, and blonde hair---made him special---but no more.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by MagnumOpus

Jesus was a golden child with ruddy skin, blue eyes, and blonde hair---made him special---but no more.

You might want to correct this. The real description of Jesus can only be found here:

Revelation 1:13 and in the midst of the seven lampstands One like the Son of Man, clothed with a garment down to the feet and girded about the chest with a golden band. 14 His head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow, and His eyes like a flame of fire; 15 His feet were like fine brass, as if refined in a furnace, and His voice as the sound of many waters;

Seems to me like they are pumping the people up think that Jesus was some type of grey if you know what I mean.
edit on 24-8-2012 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker

Originally posted by MagnumOpus

You might want to correct this. The real description of Jesus can only be found here:

Revelation 1:13 and in the midst of the seven lampstands One like the Son of Man, clothed with a garment down to the feet and girded about the chest with a golden band. 14 His head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow, and His eyes like a flame of fire; 15 His feet were like fine brass, as if refined in a furnace, and His voice as the sound of many waters;

Seems to me like they are pumping the people up think that Jesus was some type of grey if you know what I mean.

Everyone knows John speaks with allegorical methods that don't do well sometimes.

I like the more literal:

www.agapebiblestudy.com...

In his letter Lentulus describes the condemned man named Jesus of Nazareth as having: a noble and lively face, with fair and slightly wavy hair; black and strongly curving eyebrows, intense penetrating blue eyes and an expression of wondrous grace. His nose is rather long.

forums.catholic.com...

There is another physical description of Jesus in a letter by Pontious Pilot in which Jesus has “golden colored hair” and “blue” eyes. In 1964, a tablet from Pontius Pilate to Tiberius Caesar was recovered in a archeological find (a copy of this letter is in the Congressional Library in Washington, D.C.) which describes Jesus' physical appearance. It describes Jesus as having golden colored hair.

www.scribd.com...

newsgroups.derkeiler.com...

mtshastaportal.blogspot.com...

www.fathersmanifesto.net...

You citation refers back to the linage from the Creation issues, and there were some "grey" issues there with the Annunaki theme and EnKi. By Jesus time, he was many generations removed, but some of the genes came out. King David had the same look.

edit on 24-8-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Gene expressions

top topics

<<   2 >>

join