It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Only Man In The World Who Can Swim With A Polar Bear

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I didn't see this posted anywhere through the search function here on ATS.

This video is amazing. Such a playful friendship! I just wish more bears were this friendly
Enjoy the video everyone!!!

ABBOTSFORD, CANADA: Grizzly man Mark Dumas, 60, is the only man in the world who can touch a polar bear. And as these incredible pictures show the fearless bear handler from Abbotsford, British Columbia, even goes for dip in his swimming pool where he and 16-year-old polar bear Agee enjoy a watery cuddle together.

Mark and wife Dawn, 60, train the 60-stone (800lb) friendly beast - the world's largest land predator - to star in high-budget TV adverts. She has even performed in movies like 'Alaska' in 1995 when she was just a few weeks old. With his incredibly intimate bond Mark wrestles on the grass with Agee, kisses her, puts his head in her huge jaws, and even bear hugs her as she rears up on her hind legs to over seven feet.

Mark and Dawn have owned Agee since she was six weeks old and the colossal mammal even lived in their home as a cub where she played with the family dogs and was bottle fed.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
S&F

nice vid. that bear looks right at home playing with him.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
It's all fun and games until somebody looses an eye.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by dainoyfb

Or a leg. But who would not love to be able to do that?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
wonder if he gets a discount on theft insurance for having that guy.....imagine breaking into that guys house and being greeted by that fella
star and flag op thanks for this i needed some cheer full news

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Doesn't that polar bear seem a little small?? Are they like fish and grow to meet their environments??

Typical polar bears can stand up 15 feet, so odd that they claim this one is 16 years old and this small....

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I used to find these stories heartwarming, but after Charla Nash got maimed by a chimp who had been raised in captivity and even starred in commercials, I now just get a very uneasy feeling about people keeping powerful wild animals as "pets.". I think sticking one's head in a very large powerful toothy mouth is just begging to get the Darwin Award.

Even with my mild mannered domesticated house cats and dog, I remind myself constantly that they have sharp teeth and claws I need to be mindful of. The one time I got careless and let my guard down administering routine grooming, I ended up in the hospital with a nasty bite wound. I cringe and facepalm every time I see videos taken by parents, of their kids picking up terrified small dogs or cats and throwing the animal in the pool. Just one bite and that unsuspecting toddler will end up with an injury like mine or worse, and the poor animal will likely be put down for just defending itself as nature dictates.

There is a shocking shortage of common sense in the world. It is a fine thing to save a majestic creature like this polar bear, but respect its nature.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Imagine being an ancient nomadic hunter with a friend like this on your side. No one would mess with you.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Thank you for posting this I had one special person to share this with
that will really make their day ...aside from me!
)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Even if you raise it from a cub in this case, I believe it could turn on you at any moment and kill you, cuz it's still a wild animal. It happens all the time. Here's an example...
BEAT THE SHEEATT OUT OF EM!!!!! MAKE HIM PAY!!!

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Yeah, And Timothy treadwell lived with Grizzly bears for awhile too. (till he got himself and his girlfriend eaten)

This guy will end up the same way.....DEAD.

Bears are wild animals and sooner or later they will look to you as dinner.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I hope this doesn't end in tears.

I vaguely recall there was a program about some bear trainer and his giant grizzly killed his nephew or something during a photo shoot.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Amazing to see such a feared beast being this gentle and playful.

S+F!

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246
Even if you raise it from a cub in this case, I believe it could turn on you at any moment and kill you, cuz it's still a wild animal. It happens all the time. Here's an example...
BEAT THE SHEEATT OUT OF EM!!!!! MAKE HIM PAY!!!

Absolutely hilarious. That guy should get a Darwin Award!

Faster Bambi, kill, kill!

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Really amazing! The play video still shot reminds me of "people who look like their pets" pictures

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I love polar bears! They're my favorite animal to watch when I'm at the zoo. They remind me of huge white dog. I would probably enjoy being that guy, but I would be too nervous all the time, thinking in a second it could become aggressive and I could end up becoming its dinner.
Enjoyed the video!
edit on 23-8-2012 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

g,day. agree will all posts. the mind boggles at the amount of damage one of these bears can/could/prob would inflict upon a bloke. on a light side, i have been wondering what happened to the Bundy Bear. now i know. on leave in Canada. come back mate, all is forgiven, we will not put pink socks in your hot bath again and we promise to give up that evil drink called canadian club.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

I seen this on youtube a while back, I thought it was awesome. I want to live in Canada and get a baby polar bear!

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwood
Yeah, And Timothy treadwell lived with Grizzly bears for awhile too. (till he got himself and his girlfriend eaten)

This guy will end up the same way.....DEAD.

Bears are wild animals and sooner or later they will look to you as dinner.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Oh my, look in her eyes. That isn't a typical experience. She's wonderful. He has a friend, and there seems to be real connection between them. And he's alot braver than I. Don't try this at home kids.
edit on 23-8-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join