It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is NBC doing a Story on Mormonism Tonight?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

The media covered Obama's religion more than any other president.
Just because you refuse to believe it, doesn't mean the media is at fault. Beginning in 2004, they've been interviewing Obama about religion all along.

This just shows the stubborn and willful ignorance that abounds in those who wish to portray Obama as something that he isn't.

Here's yet another Obama interview about religion:

Obama and Romney Religious Interview

Washington National Cathedral’s magazine, Cathedral Age, asked President Barack Obama and Governor Mitt Romney an identical set of questions about the presence of faith in their lives and the role of religion in America. Each was given the opportunity to respond freely, and their responses appear as in full.

How many interviews do you need?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrDesolate

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
So if you can use the language and emotion to wind these people up, it may be a wise investment.

So you're suggesting it's a wise investment to "wind these people (Republican base) up", like otherwise they might vote Democrat?

Yes it is. One person can put out disinformation and propaganda and it can spread like wildfire throughout the uninformed masses.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish
1. Does it really matter what churches he attended in the past or what philosophies he was exposed too during his life? Is that how we determine a person's religious beliefs?

2, So the real question that you're posing here is NOT whether we should "be doing the same to Obama," but rather should we be doing the same to Christianity and as far as I'm concerned, have at it! The only advice I could possibly offer is;

1. Going to church and fundamentally believing in something is a lot different than going to a class. You don't get faith through studies alone.

2. The History Channel does a pretty good job of this actually. Non-political there too. But there are many different forms of Christianity, and for Obama to say that he is just a christian is very broad. He is not very outspoken about it and hardly mentions it.
edit on 23-8-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
The reason MSNBC is doing the program is because:

1. It will not be fair or impartial. (Only MSNBC has the temerity to publish outlandish lies.)
2. MSNBC supports Obama. (Thill up leg...remember that?)
3. Obama gave them stimulus money to put on such anti-conservative propaganda. (My money and your money. This puts them on the Obama payroll.)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Both the liberal and conservative media spinners make it difficult to be well informed on anything.

We need a better way to get facts.

I disagree. The liberal media "spinners" do a horrible job compared to the Right-wing propaganda machine.

We do need a better way to get facts, but we need to be willing to accept fact even when it contradicts our personal political beliefs.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
Why on Earth would they ask Romney for an interview?

Well, they could ask Donnie or Marie, but they don't happen to be running for President. That's what makes it ~topical~. Try to keep up, or I'll slow down if you need me to.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Yes it is. One person can put out disinformation and propaganda and it can spread like wildfire throughout the uninformed masses.

You were talking about the Republican masses, which you apparently believe are much less informed than the Democrat masses. (Do I need to quote you on that?) You think the GOP needs a guy like the OP to stir them up so they don't vote Democrat?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

So you're suggesting it's a wise investment to "wind these people (Republican base) up", like otherwise they might vote Democrat?

No,

They are being whipped up into a frenzy to make sure they go out and vote.

Scare mongering has worked on the GOP base so far, so why would they change their tactic?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

We Still Don't know Obama's Religion

:bnghd:

I have no words...just...nothing.

When is his racist church ever scrutinized? All I've ever seen in lock step defense of his racist church by the media.

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Utter bullocks and revisionist history. Fox News may have been critical, but all the other networks circled the wagons.

Just imagine McCain went to a church that was as hateful and racist and Obama's church. We all know the response would have been completely different.
edit on 23-8-2012 by PvtHudson because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by BritofTexas

Let's back up a step. We were discussing the OP in that context. You think the GOP needs the thread starter here to wind people up into a frenzy to get their base to go out and vote?

And if you think it's only the Republicans that employ those scare tactics, you have not been paying attention. They've got Romney killing people with cancer, killing jobs, killing dogs, beating people up, and before it's over with I'm sure he will have dropped some diphtheria bombs on third world orphanages.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I found this.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

TLC did run a reality show called "All American Muslim". I always wondered why as well? It was cancelled after one season.

I hope NBC is attempting to set the story straight regarding Mormonism tonight. Plenty of unfounded myths regarding the religion's history and its current ideology.

You're right about Obama. No one really knows where he falls regarding his faith. He just kind of goes with the flow ....

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

You were talking about the Republican masses, which you apparently believe are much less informed than the Democrat masses. (Do I need to quote you on that?)

I don't believe they are less informed.....they are less informed. And they are not less informed than Democrats. They are less informed than any other group. Period.

You think the GOP needs a guy like the OP to stir them up so they don't vote Democrat?

No, they need to be constantly reinforced with bull so that they can keep support. I used to be a hardcore NeoCon, but I woke up to truth and facts.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I find the fact that Obama rolled over Wright with his campaign bus then backed back over him just to be sure very fascinating. Wright was his pastor for 20 plus years and also married Barack and MIchelle and probably baptized his daughters. Obama ran him over when he no longer needed him or felt that Wright would be a detriment to his campaign. He did the same thing to his Chicago doctor whom he saw for 21 years.

Obama is know to leave a rather messy wake in his path of relationships over the years...

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

This is funny!

The NBC news article is talking about how Romney is avoiding talking about his religion....but the OP is concerned that Obama avoids talking about his religion??

Who cares what religion these fools are?

Maybe we need to clear up this whole mess and elect only atheists. I get so tired of the back and forth over dumb crap like this.

I care a GREAT deal because a person can get sucked into a religion and pay their tithing which they will never get back when they find there is NO DNA to support the authenticity of what Joseph Smith claimed. That is Hebrew people left Jerusalem when it was destroyed anciently and a family came into the Americas. And there is NO DNA to support it. Joseph's Smith said hebrew people were all over the american continent. Because that was the view of the 1800's. Yet there are NO artifacts from the wars in the book of mormon, much of the staple of food in the book of mormon does not EXIST in south america anciently, Wheat etc.

I hope that show helps people realize that the book of mormon though has interesting stories it can help suck in innocent people, they pay their tithing and find out that the book of mormon is a sham as well as the book of Abraham which Joseph got from a guy selling mummies and joseph said they were from writing of Abraham when they actually are funerary book of breathings placed in the mummies in-casements. So important is religion to be aware of the roots. SO IMPORTANT !

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I don't believe they are less informed.....they are less informed. And they are not less informed than Democrats. They are less informed than any other group. Period.

So you're one of those people who believe if you state an opinion with enough conviction, that makes it true. Period.

Interesting, and revealing. You should start a religion.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
After all these years, people still have questions about what religion Obama actually is.

Here ya' go ... everything anyone could possibly need to know about Obama's religion -
ATS Thread - Obama's Church Not Your Average Christian Church

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
I hope NBC is attempting to set the story straight regarding Mormonism tonight.

Don't count on it. NBC is FAR LEFT ... it's an Obama shill machine. There is no way that NBC is doing a story on Mormonism without it being in some way negative towards Romney. It's just not possible. They aren't capable of it.

Originally posted by PvtHudson
When is his racist church ever scrutinized? All I've ever seen in lock step defense of his racist church by the media.

Yep. Pretty much. Hannity tried to expose that black liberation theology cult for what it was, but the rest of the media screamed 'racist' when he exposed it ... so no one ever dug into black liberation theology and what it stands for.

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

I dunno ... Kennedy got nailed really, really hard.
Nixon got questioned about his 'Quaker' claims as well.

This just shows the stubborn and willful ignorance that abounds in those who wish to portray Obama as something that he isn't.

Oh hun ... that door swings both ways .. some O supporters are showing stubborness and ignorance in wishing to portray Obama as something wonderful that he isn't.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MrDesolate

So you're one of those people who believe if you state an opinion with enough conviction, that makes it true. Period.

No.

Go out on the street and talk with people. In no time at all you will see exactly what I have seen.

But also check out the various studies that have been done. University of Maryland did a 2010 study in which FoxNews viewers were the most uninformed news watchers in the US. pdf link

There are many studies published that can confirm this trend over and over.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
reply to post by beezzer

I find the fact that Obama rolled over Wright with his campaign bus then backed back over him just to be sure very fascinating. Wright was his pastor for 20 plus years and also married Barack and MIchelle and probably baptized his daughters. Obama ran him over when he no longer needed him or felt that Wright would be a detriment to his campaign. He did the same thing to his Chicago doctor whom he saw for 21 years.

Obama is know to leave a rather messy wake in his path of relationships over the years...

Yea I don't think Obama is very religious, these days, but we should still research why that is and what made him who he is today. Why isn't the media doing this with Obama?
edit on 23-8-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join