It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting New 'China Daily' Feature Story

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
The latest report of widening Chinese public interest in the subject. It doesn't mention that many famous Chinese cases turned out to be missile and space events kept secret by the military.

Watch This Space as Close Encounters May Occur

Hong Kong China Daily (Asia-Pacific) Online

By Cui Jia and Wu Wencong (China Daily)

usa.chinadaily.com.cn...

Rumors of UFO sightings and aliens visiting this planet seem to be increasing, report Cui Jia and Wu Wencong in Beijing.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

"Don't be afraid. We are not ghosts"

Interesting way to introduce themselves. Did they look like ghosts then? How do aliens know we believe in ghosts?

Do aliens believe in ghosts?
edit on 23-8-2012 by Beavers because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Are encounters increasing, or are we simply being exposed to more stories and encounters through social media and modern technology? Regardless, this is an interesting post. S&F.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beavers

"Don't be afraid. We are not ghosts"

Interesting way to introduce themselves. Did they look like ghosts then? How do aliens know we believe in ghosts?

Do aliens believe in ghosts?

The word "foreigner" in Chinese, is "gui". A foreginer, and especially a westerner is always referred to as "gui lao". And the word "gui" also means ghost. It comes from the fact, that we are "pale faces".

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Apparently China has the biggest Ufology group in the world, can't help but think this is due to the number of people over there

Cha Leping and other students from the University of Wuhan were then in the process of forming CURO. "Cha Leping invited me first [to act as a] general advisor and then in 1986 he asked me to become president of CURO," said Shi Li. "I still am but now only regarding foreign activities." In time, CURO grew to 4,000 active members and a total affiliated membership of 40,000, making it the world's largest UFO organization.

Plenty stories to be found also:

Shi Li related some UFO cases from 1994 and 1995 which have never been published in the West. The most dramatic occurred at 3:30 a.m. on November 30, 1994, at a tree farm in southern China. Guards described "two spotlights in the air, a very brilliant ball of light changing colors from yellow to green and red, which passed above very noisily like a locomotive." This "flying train" cut trees one to two yards above the ground in a swath three kilometers long and 150 to 300 yards wide.

Additionally, with all the translation problems, be it from China or Russia or anywhere else, I can't help but think there may be a hell of a lot more information on the subject than currently, if more of these cases from other countries were found

For a brief history check link here: www.ufoevidence.org...
edit on 23-8-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
China has a long history of seeing UFOs all the way back to ancient times they recorded seeing UFOs

The ancient chinese in 3000BC wrote that they had seen men descend to earth on a star like object.

In 2300BC the chinese book Hsui nan tzu describes an event where ten suns appeared in the sky.

In 1700BC its claimed that the emperor Cheng Tang has his scientist/wise man to build him a flying chariot. It flies to the next province over and crashes in what would eventually be the Honan region. The emperor after the first test commands the device to be destroyed.

No doubt the little greys are still interested in the chinese to this day.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
The latest report of widening Chinese public interest in the subject. It doesn't mention that many famous Chinese cases turned out to be missile and space events kept secret by the military.

Watch This Space as Close Encounters May Occur

Hong Kong China Daily (Asia-Pacific) Online

By Cui Jia and Wu Wencong (China Daily)

usa.chinadaily.com.cn...

Rumors of UFO sightings and aliens visiting this planet seem to be increasing, report Cui Jia and Wu Wencong in Beijing.

Is this truly what you consider to be responsible research into the UFO phenomenon? Reading tabloid trash articles? This is beyond irresponsible and doesn't help to further the education of anyone.

For the intelligent and curious out there who are truly interested in understanding what is going on with regards to UFOs, please look into the research of real scientists such as J. Allen Hynek and James E. McDonald. These men actually studied this phenomenon for years from a truly scientific and skeptical point of view, and even then, were surprised (to say the least) at their findings.

Please don't waste your time reading articles like this. Take your education into your own hands.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Maybe it's because they have other explanations.

The Beijing UFO Research Organization has received 14 detailed reports of UFO sightings in Beijing so far this year. All of them have been identified as kites with lights, aircraft or insects.

Not everything is space debris Jim.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Jim, I was just about to make a thread about this.
The Chinese are actually quite open to this topic and there's no real hush hush type of thing. (I know because I have lived here in China for 6 years now).

I've had 2 sighting here so far, all with witnesses around me who look in amazement.
I can speak open about this topic to my wife and her friends, even to my adult students (I teach English part time) and they are all quite happy to talk about it.

And Jim, yes you are right in a some regard to many of the sightings being misread for other types of events (Rocket, Jets). But the quantity and quality of some of the stuff is just amazing and cannot be simply dismissed, I know what you're thinking - 'most Chinese have no knowledge about identifying objects ect, ect'

Today most Chinese are well aware what a plane looks like at night, rocket launch (Goes on near Mongolia) far away from any populated area's.

China's Roswell Zhu Jin, curator of the Beijing Planetarium, also believes intelligent life probably does exist elsewhere in the universe, but says that most "sightings" of UFOs have nothing to do with aliens from another planet. "Chinese people love to associate UFOs with alien spaceships.

But all UFO sightings can be explained by natural phenomena, man-made objects, illusions or hoaxes. Aliens might not even need a spaceship to travel to earth." In the most recent UFO sighting to grab the public's attention, Li Hui told the media of the UFO she saw at Fenghuang Mountain, a scenic spot in Northeast China's Heilongjiang province. On the afternoon of July 8, Li, a local tourist, claimed she had seen a flying object faintly glowing on the opposite mountain when she finished posing for photos at one of the viewing platforms.

She said the object had already disappeared when she took off her sunglasses for a clearer view, but its image had been caught on camera. Most media showed a cropped version of the photo, which showed a glowing oval with two bright "wings". But the original photo, which was obtained by a reporter from Harbin Daily, shows that Li is the subject of the photo and the "glowing" object is on the left side of the photo.

Watch this space as close encounters may occur

So it's quite popular topic of late and I guess has been for awhile, The thing that really amazes me about this whole thing is how open it is here with the younger generations.
But like all things here I fear it will be used to make a profit and trick people.

edit on 24-8-2012 by crackerjack because: Reference

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brighter

Is this truly what you consider to be responsible research into the UFO phenomenon? Reading tabloid trash articles? This is beyond irresponsible and doesn't help to further the education of anyone.

Brighter, I suppose that's a fair question
- below are some other declassified documents taken from CIA website under the heading 'Freedom of Information Act Electronic Reading Room' - they mention Chinese UFO Conferences (over 5000 unexplained reports) and also state that in 1978 the United Nations called on all countries to establish UFO investigation bodies:

Title: UFO RESEARCH CONFERENCE TO HOLD CONFERENCE IN BEIJING

Origin: CIA

Source: People's Republic of China

To: Numerous recipients including Wright-Patterson AFB

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1fb1af95b532.jpg[/atsimg]

In 1978 the United Nations called on the governments of all countries to be on full alert for sightings and establish UFO investigation bodies.

link

CHINA UFO SOCIETY MEETS; TO CONTINUE SCIENTIFIC STUDY

The United Nations adopted a resolution in 1978 asking all nations to pay close attention to the UFO problem. This year is the international year of space; The United Nations has again brought up the issue.

link

Thread

Cheers.

top topics

join