It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"You can kill the protester, but you can't kill the protest!"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Good (early) morning ATS from the beautiful state of California. I've been a long time lurker, and have recently decided to create an account after seeing far too many threads and posts that I'd like to add my 2 cents on.

For the sake of being semi-anonymous, I'll leave my name out of this introduction, but here's a bit of information about me that I'd like to share. I'm an educated punk rocker from California, that lives to constantly expand my mind for personal use (of course) as well as to help others understand the mess our world is in that the good old Main Stream Media refuses to share with the masses. I've always been the kid who had to question everything; Whether that be authority, biased accounts of history published in school textbooks and force fed to vulnerable school children who believe that everything they learn in school is honest fact(which it should be of course), as well as questioning religion, privacy issues, etc.

My favorite subject has always been history, you just have to read between the lines and do a lot deeper research in order to find the truth, as opposed to believing all of the twisted, propaganda that Rockefeller publishes in every history text book from grade school through high school. I've also always been fascinated with reptiles (not the aliens, I'm talking about snakes and lizards) as well as all living things to be honest. I'm often defined as a "conspiracy theorist" by most people who know me or bother to take the time to debate certain things, whether it's a current event, something that happened in the past, or even my thoughts on the future.

I've been lurking on this site for 2-3 years now, it's a great community with more than just conspiracy theories, but also a source to find news articles that you won't find the MSM reporting on. I'm an activist, a protester, and I like to consider myself a teacher of sorts. I always back up my claims with legitimate sources, and love to share my knowledge with anyone that will listen. I'm a very deep thinker and get "lost" in my mind quite often, sometimes day dreaming, other times just so deep into thought that I'm in another world.

I love music and listen to quite a bit of different genre's of music, but mainly punk rock and what I like to call Psychedelic rock, like Pink Floyd and Tool and similar bands.. I come from a long line of military family, and while I support my troops who (for the most part) enlisted to Protect and Serve their family, their friends, and of course their country. Just like everything, you'll find some spoiled fruit in the bunch, but that doesn't take away from the good that many soldiers try to do. That includes offering humanitarian help to those who need it. However, that being said, I do NOT agree with what our soldiers are being forced to do while policing the globe for Uncle Sam and his puppet masters. Lets not forget, our soldiers are used as Genni Pigs, often times unknowingly. Use civilians aren't the only ones being stomped on my the powers that be. So, if we have any soldiers on this forum, I'd like to thank you for serving your country, let you know that as long as your doing the best you can to be peaceful, and helpful to those in need. I wish Uncle Sam would bring you all back home safely and quit trying to force our beliefs and evil corporate lifestyle on the rest of the world.

(EDITED Out long paragraph that would give you a deeper understanding of who I am as a person. I'll PM a Mod and ask what their thoughts are on the way I presented this information to see if it's acceptable or not to post. I suppose it's a grey area here, but I assumed that the context of this paragraph was acceptable under the rules. I'll inquire further on it, and update my introduction accordingly, thanks for the warnings guys, I certainly wasn't trying to break any rules what so ever.)

I'm really looking forward to learning as much as I can from this forum, it's filled with unmeasurable amounts of of knowledge and intelligence. Knowledge is food for your brain, and to me AboveTopSecret is a giant Las Vegas style all you can eat buffet. In return, I hope that I can bring my own food for thought here and share with all of you great people. I'll do my best to contribute the best I can and hopefully become a valued, respected member of ATS.

I always do my best to teach my nephew and nieces not to believe everything their hear, and to always question what doesn't sound right. I do my best to pass on the things I have learned to my younger relatives (well, everyone, but I try especially with the kids. I let them know to question me even if what I say sounds wrong to them, and never force my beliefs on them, I just give them a new perspective to think about.

"The Mind of a child is where the revolution begins" - Immortal Technique
edit on 8/23/2012 by BulletsCantSilenceIdeas because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Welcome to the posting of ATS, have a flag. =) A punk activist... reminds me of this guy (warning: NSFW language).

Any way, can't wait to hear from you in the future. Have fun.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Welcome, youwill fit right in...try not to talk bout drugs here as it Will lead to your thread being taken down...I know I know it's ridiculous....

Anyways nice having you here buddy, you sound like you know what your doing so enjoy and keep learning never stop learning.

edit on 23-8-2012 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS! It sounds like you will fit right in here. Kick of your shoes and stay for a while.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElOmen
Welcome, youwill fit right in...try not to talk bout drugs here as it Will lead to your thread being taken down...I know I know it's ridiculous....

Anyways nice having you here buddy, you sound like you know what your doing so enjoy and keep learning never stop learning.

edit on 23-8-2012 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

Thanks for the heads up, I figured it would be frowned upon here as in most places. That's why I was vague with it and mentioned it was for medical reasons and spiritual enlightenment. I'll just leave it at that to avoid getting off on the wrong foot here. I just wanted to leave a long, honest introduction to who I am as a person, to better help the community understand who I am and what I stand for. For future posts, I will omit anything that may be considered a grey area around here in order to not offend anyone or break any rules.

I appreciate the warm welcomes, I am very glad that I decided to finally make an account. My mind is starving for a feast of facts and debates, and I love to share what I know too. I think I'll fit in pretty well here.

EDIT: Also, can someone explain to me what the "Stars" and "Stripes" functions on the message board stand for, and how I can find them to use them appropriately once I learn their proper uses? Thanks again!

edit on 8/23/2012 by BulletsCantSilenceIdeas because: spelling errors

edit on 8/23/2012 by BulletsCantSilenceIdeas because: added question

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by BulletsCantSilenceIdeas

Whether medical or recreational or spiritual or functional use - they are VERY strict. You can edit your post if it's less than so many hours old.

I had to look up psychonaut - ummmm, better edit that out too.
edit on 23/8/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: added "medical" as it was also relevant

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Ok, I have edited my original post, and will inquire further on the context of the statement I was making and see if it's acceptable in that context or if it's just strictly not to be discussed or even mentioned. Just so everyone who reads this doesn't get the wrong idea, it was nothing racist, hurtful, rude, or anything of the sort. Just a grey area topic I suppose. I'll leave it at that, so as to not step on any toes my first official day as a member here

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Welcome,you sound like a welcome addition here.
See you around the boards.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Thank you
I will try my best to be a good contributing member here at ATS. I'm a very opinionated person, but I am not close minded. I will say what my thoughts are, my beliefs are, and state what facts I have to back them up (unless I'm just theorizing on something) but I am always willing to listen to all sides of every argument. They always say, "There are two sides to each story", well, I agree and disagree. There are two sides to each story.... and then some. I just hope most people here are sensible, as I am, and can state their opinions, beliefs, etc. even on the more controversial, blood pumping topics, while remaining calm instead of resorting to childish antics, such as name calling or throwing temper tantrums as I have seen before while lurking.

It does seem that a majority of the forum has a good head on their shoulders, so i am hoping to experience a pleasant, mind enriching stay here.

I hope to see you guys out in the actual forums for some debates, or to share some new scientific, historical, astronomical, or political breakthrough

top topics

join