It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you do

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
if you were Bradley Manning and you found this?

Seriously what the hell is that hero still doing in solitary? Go get him ffs.

That's all I have to say about the matter. What would you do ATS?

edit on 23-8-2012 by Samuelis because: spelling

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I would have made several copies into dvd form, posted them to random people around the world, maybe a few non-random also. I would have gone into hiding until the storm passed. Maybe get surgery to look like somebody else. Nevertheless I would have broken the same laws. (hypothetically)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
everytime i see that video it pisses me off.....and people wonder why America is viewed in a negative light.

Gee, hmmm......all we have done is created a nation of trigger happy idiots.....call it what you will.

I would have verified my targets threat level first instead of jumping to conclusions. Any idiot looking at that video can see there was no RPG and that they did not have weapons.......

Maybe the fact that they weren't fired on musta been a clue......This pre-emptive assault crap does nothing but raises the collateral damage.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kastogere
everytime i see that video it pisses me off.....and people wonder why America is viewed in a negative light.

Gee, hmmm......all we have done is created a nation of trigger happy idiots.....call it what you will.

I would have verified my targets threat level first instead of jumping to conclusions. Any idiot looking at that video can see there was no RPG and that they did not have weapons.......

Maybe the fact that they weren't fired on musta been a clue......This pre-emptive assault crap does nothing but raises the collateral damage.

Killing the first group and that reporter was bad enough but that wasn't the war crime as it could be argued that their equipment looked like weapons.

The real war crime was shooting that van full of unarmed civilians and children who were just being good samaritans. There was no room for judgement there and it was black and white. That specific situation and action is definitely a war crime and is not ambiguous in the slightest.

You are also supposed to report crimes when you see them. Which Manning did. He should not be in a hole; he should be under armed protection in some obscure South American town, drinking coconut cocktails.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

That I agree with......one hundred percent

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Samuels

Do you mean the video of US Forces justifiably engaging a group of armed insurgents who happen to have an imbedded team of journalists with them?

The one analyzed here?

If so it’s a poor example since that engagement was totally within the ROE.

Don't want to die in the line of duty as a journalist then don't travel with armed terrorists - it’s dangerous to one's health....

Journalists die in war - often covering both sides. Just so happens covering the insurgents is a lot more risky since we have a technological advantage in platforms and assets.

I hate to tell you this but ole Brad is in jail for posting a video of a legitimate engagement – in the end he didn’t accomplish anything. He signed all the nondisclosure agreements he knew what he was doing would get him locked away. He knew the risk and took it now he pays the price – simple really.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

Ole Brad is in jail for falsely believing that the American Public would be outraged at how easily the US Military laughs off Cold Blooded Murder.

He wasn't aware that the Brainwashing of the average American Idiot is: "If he's Brown, he must go down"

You can thank your buddy George W and his famous words, "Your either with us, or against Us"

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
reply to post by Golf66

Ole Brad is in jail for falsely believing that the American Public would be outraged at how easily the US Military laughs off Cold Blooded Murder.

Please show me in the video where you see cold blooded murder...go ahead break it down frame by frame with military analysis like I did. I'll wait - no problem. Did you even look at the analysis? If so please tell me what experience you have in reviewing engagements during a 15-6 investigation, or even any military investigation for that matter. Also, lay out your experience in combat and or leading Soldiers in Iraq or hell, any war for that matter. I am certain it dwarfs my own.

Do you even know what the ROE were in the theater at the time. I do. Any armed person was a target. All the Iraqis knew this, all the journalists knew this. They were covering a story and got killed for it. Comes with the territory just like a Soldier.

As for the dip# in the van - again all the Iraqis know not to go into an area in which we are engaging targets to "be good Samaritans" we made it clear through TV, Radio, posters, briefings at schools and mosques that we would treat any injured and we can treat them a lot better than the Iraqi hospitals can.

The guy drove a van with his kids in it into a firefight... Darwin award material.

The Commander didn’t know who or what was in that van. Could be more troops for an ambush, an IED, mortars RPGs, one can fit a crap load of things into a mini-van. Who knows…

The Commander – not some kid Staff Sergeant or even a Lieutenant or a Warrant Officer flying the Apache, made the best call with the information he had in the best interest of the dismounted troops advancing into the area of the vehicle.

As it turns out some kids got hurt – neither of them died. Unfortunate but under the circumstances hardly “cold blooded murder”. You know why because we to them to the military hospital for treatment. They would have died more likely than not had some “good Samaritan” taken them to an Iraqi facility.

If you went speeding into a police standoff in your car to “be a good Samaritan” and rush to the aid of some criminals who just got shot by the police what do you think would happen? Perhaps they would think you were an accomplice and shoot you too? That’s here not even in a war zone.

Again, don’t take your car full of kids into a firefight…basic parenting 101.

new topics

top topics

join