It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Irish President trashes Tea Party movement

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I gotta say, I love him ... that's a man with a vision. There you have a man, with a heart ... he's got temper, because he's got a heart that beats, and pumps up his vision ...

He's Irish ... that's fer sure.

S&F

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beamish
But way to go Uachtarán na hÉireann for standing up for and being so passionate and animated about the rights of the common man...and for calling someone a w****r live on the radio!

There is nothing like a man with passion ... his words, sang ... a good song.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Exactly that. No power at all.

He does occasionally give us a bit of poetry, but apart from that he lives in a mansion getting paid over €200,000 per year.

He also gets paid a pension for his time serving as a TD.
edit on 23-8-2012 by bluloa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Good, this guy is 100% right. The Tea Party is corporatist garbage funded by the Koch Brothers. WAKE UP PEOPLE the Koch brothers do not have your interests in mind.

edit on 23-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluloa
reply to post by Grimpachi

Exactly that. No power at all.

He does occasionally give us a bit of poetry, but apart from that he lives in a mansion getting paid over €200,000 per year.

He also gets paid a pension for his time serving as a TD.
edit on 23-8-2012 by bluloa because: (no reason given)

He's the most visible, at least one of the most visible Irish statesmen on the international stage.... that's a lot of soft power...

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by longlostbrother

For 200,000 I think the country is geting a deal. I looked him up and he does a lot more than most politicians in the U.S. at half the price.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi

For 200,000 I think the country is geting a deal. I looked him up and he does a lot more than most politicians in the U.S. at half the price.

AMEN!

Jesus, how much did John Bolton make?!

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
What the hell does an Irish man know about an American movement, outside of what he's heard from the Democrat dominated MSM? You all just repeat the same lines of attacks as they and the Democrats do. Meanwhile , OWS is held up as heroes and role models by the media and Democrats.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Drink! Same as always!

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson
What the hell does an Irish man know about an American movement, outside of what he's heard from the Democrat dominated MSM? You all just repeat the same lines of attacks as they and the Democrats do. Meanwhile , OWS is held up as heroes and role models by the media and Democrats.

Sorry, but no.

Have you ever been to Ireland?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by PvtHudson

Kinda funny how you bring up the "MSM" but when i check the few threads you have started here on ATS you tend to use far right wing sites as your sources... Odd how that works huh..

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by redbarron626
So the Irish president is throwing out his tea?

What will the Irish people do without TEA?

What will happen to all the scones?

Tea and scones is a British thing.

The Irish will always have their Guinness, come hell or high water.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutonaLimb

Funny thing is scones have a Scottish history, incorporate soda and are more than likely akin to Irish soda bread. Crumpets don't use soda and are very English/Welsh and don't have fruit that is often used in both scones and soda bread. So yer man is more right than wrong,

As for the thread, I think what the new Irish president is getting at, (at least for the purpose of that particular conversation) is the problem within tea partiers, who are not antisemitic but who see Zionists as in control in the likes of Wall street etc; and those tea partiers who may have anti semitic leanings IMO, wrongly, for the same reason. Not all Jewish people are Zionists, probably very few, perhaps more prevalent in the US than Israel. He is likely calling out the other Michael as being a rabble rouser, using Zionism to batter Jews et al. For some people that's so easy. Sorting out Jewish belief is not easy either, but it has nothing to do with Zionism, quite the opposite...IMO.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutonaLimb

The Irish drink more tea than the brits... and I've had PLENTY of scones here as well... but usually is like digestive biscuits (cookies)...

The Irish sweets industry is amazing...

In fact (US-expat here), the food here is, maybe bland, but also of much much higher standard, on average, than you'd get in the US... produce and meat and dairy, that sort of thing... bacon here is amazing, as if beef... the butter is crazy good, and even the meat you get at places like McDonalds, which is all Irish, is much better...

The VARIETY of food, well, it's not great, but it's improving all the time...

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson

The arrogance to suggest that only an American is in any position to hold an opinion is absolutely astounding. You and your ilk really need to get over yourselves. All of the jingoist rhetoric really has gotten to your heads.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join