It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Abortions Be Limited To Cases Of Forcible Rape?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

What I'm illustrating (please look up 'illustration') is dual responsibility.

No government agency should be able to dictate whether a woman can terminate a pregnancy for any or no reason at all.

If, however, a woman has NO CHOICE, then, some physical responsibility should also apply to men as well.
One child per testicle would give pause to irresponsible bedroom practices.
Don't think pregnancy causes changes to a woman's body?
Changes after childbirth
Another link about body changes
more information on body changes after child birth

It takes two to get pregnant. If government is going to force one sex, it should force both for shared responsibility.

edit on 23-8-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

Nope im actually engaged. Been together 4 years now thank you very much. So please don't make assumptions about me before posting

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Like you just said.

It takes two to tango.

Its her fault just as much his.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCaucasianAmerican

Poor woman..settling for someone like you...or is it you who could not do better..either way she loses..

You seriously need to get out of the dark ages...it is 2012 and people understand that women can say what happens to their body or not.

No matter how much people like you are against abortion...in the end intelligence and rational thinking will prevail.

WOMEN HAVE THE RIGHT TO DECIDE WHAT THEY CAN OR CANNOT DO TO THEMSELVES...THAT IS A FACT..AND NOTHING WILL EVER CHANGE THAT.

I may not reply right away..life calls..

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

Hmm we are actually both happy so please amuse me some more by some not well thought out accusations.
I don't give a damn what women do they are the murderers not me.

But I guess no one gets my whole point just more assumptions.

I say if you don't want a child take the steps to avoid it. Is that so hard to understand.

Birth control is there for a reason and it is free. But instead people would rather rape thousands for their own stupidity.

Enough said good.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Reply to post by khimbar

-_- There is no time involved at all.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skript420
No. Because then everyone will be saying they were raped just to get an abortion. It's sad but true. Americans love abortions.

BS. FBI statistics I heard reported on NPR said only 2% of reported rapes were false accusations, which is the same percentage as false accusations of other crimes. However, unlike other crimes, rape is thought to be very widely under reported.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla
reply to post by RSF77

What I'm illustrating (please look up 'illustration') is dual responsibility.

No government agency should be able to dictate whether a woman can terminate a pregnancy for any or no reason at all.

If, however, a woman has NO CHOICE, then, some physical responsibility should also apply to men as well.
One child per testicle would give pause to irresponsible bedroom practices.
Don't think pregnancy causes changes to a woman's body?
Changes after childbirth
Another link about body changes
more information on body changes after child birth

It takes two to get pregnant. If government is going to force one sex, it should force both for shared responsibility.

edit on 23-8-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

Why the hell would I have to look up "illustration"? Oh I see, your trying to insult me by implying I don't know a simple freaking word.

If you read my post, you would understand that I agree with you on the abortion issue so you can drop the testicle cutting madness you're on. I was trying to point out the irony that men don't get a CHOICE when it comes to raising their kids. The government forces men to forfeit their kids, so why don't you share the responsibility?
edit on 23-8-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko

Poor woman..settling for someone like you...or is it you who could not do better..either way she loses..

You seriously need to get out of the dark ages...it is 2012 and people understand that women can say what happens to their body or not.

No matter how much people like you are against abortion...in the end intelligence and rational thinking will prevail.

WOMEN HAVE THE RIGHT TO DECIDE WHAT THEY CAN OR CANNOT DO TO THEMSELVES...THAT IS A FACT..AND NOTHING WILL EVER CHANGE THAT.

So I guess no one else thinks this is offensive and singles me out with harassment?

I have not done this to any one person on this thread.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko

...No matter how much people like you are against abortion...in the end intelligence and rational thinking will prevail.

Sadly, don't be too sure. This is the U.S., home of the American Taliban among whom ignorance and hate reign, and who now control enough state houses to quickly push through a Constitutional amendment. All that stands in their was is Republican control of the Senate and the Presidency. Or, looked this way, only 4 political offices -- 3 needed in the Senate and the Presidency. Of course, they then control the Supreme Court without question, being likely able to replace at least 2 next term (Ginsberg and Beyer).

If Romney wins and the Right takes the presidency, you'll see a Constitutional ban on abortions (and countless other disastrous things).

Even if you are not a fan of Obama, and I am not on many things (mostly civil liberty things which all had pretty much total Right wing support), he is the only one standing between the U.S.A. or the United Christian States of Amerika.

Obama

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Why should an abortion be done even in a case of rape?

The main question is if the unborn are human beings. If they are, you can't allow them to be murdered legally. That is unjust. You can't say that babies are only human so long as parents want to take care of them. This sort of sloppy reasoning allows infanticide, like recommended by a certain Dutch doctor.

The state has all the right to reject freedom of choice if an innocent life is in danger. Freedom to live is reasonably the most important freedom there is.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by BoxCutter7

Ooh a time traveller, back to the last or even previous century for you.

As i stated in my previous post, technically it is a parasite living off a host sometimes a willing host sometimes not (ie rape) glad we dont have to live with your outdated views. Do you still think the Earth is flat ?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by FFS4000

You are just calling it a "parasite" rather than a human the same ways Nazis refused to accept the dignity of their victims. Word games like these are quite dangerous.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
i dont even know why we are discussing this topic. We might as well talk about , "should you be allowed to rape someone?".

This is a stupid topic and all of you who are against abortion can suck it. Since when did you get the right to say what is best for a woman? Are you really so stupid?

Look, if a woman want to have an abortion, L-E-T H-E-R H-A-V-E I-T!

You have NO right to say no to a woman who want´s to do an abortion, no matter if a rape is involved or not.

People who denies a woman the right for an abortion makes me SICK! SICK

This is not a matter of "hey, its a human life you are killing" Its a matter of freedom of choice and not be forced to have a baby. Jesus christ, are you living in the frickin medieval age?

DONT ACT LIKE YOU KNOW WHATS BEST FOR SOMEBODY ELSE!

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
The Uterus is not, I repeat NOT a political platform. So, in an election year, just ignore anything that has anything to do with sex, reproduction and gender. They only start that crap because they can't use bikini models to walk a circuit holding up cards that say "Round 5".

Prior to Roe vs. Wade (if you don't know it --GO LOOK IT UP) women were ruining their bodies and threatening their lives to terminate pregnancies under very dangerous conditions.

I also harbor a deep suspicion that these types of political agendas have at their origin a pencil-necked geek that was dumped by a pregnant/gay/transgendered hottie that broke his heart.

Too much time energy and public dollars go into this topic. NEXT!

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by FFS4000

So you just called yourself a parasite? Well in your case you were. And you were allowed to live so you should be thankful that you weren't terminated right?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by BoxCutter7

No i'm not i'm using law and the dictionary to define what is a parasite, no word games just the truth
par·a·site (pr-st)
n.
1. Biology An organism that grows, feeds, and is sheltered on or in a different organism while contributing nothing to the survival of its host.

not my fault you do not like the terminology because it goes against your argument, which you would lose in a court of law

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   

See, you are blinded by just the teminology, you didn't read all my post you just chose to take one word as it didn't fit with your line of thinking. As said sometimes a willing host

edit on 15/09/2011 by FFS4000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by FFS4000

I actually did read it and that "Parasite" is still human. No matter how you define it. Its not going to grow into a porcupine or a squirrel. A HUMAN BEING that you would just love to murder just because you can.

Not all parasites are bad like your trying to imply. If you got rid of them all excluding an embryo you still wouldn't be alive to no mitochondria in your cells. But I guess those are bad too and can be eradicated.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join